LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Radio probs

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 02:15 PM
cody09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio probs

Okay, I've done some searching and have found a couple people having the same sort of problems I'm having, but nothing really specific to my problems. I have a ucf10 with stock radio and 6 disc cd changer. I'm not sure which sound system I have. It's a pioneer and says "Lexus premium sound". Ive noticed on colder days and after it rains that the CD player says err when trying to play a cd, which is obviously a moister problem, BUT, when it does play a cd, only the drivers door speaker and rear door speaker on the drivers side work. Turn it back to the radio and all speakerd work fine. I got tired of this so I bought a cassette adapter but it just spits it right back out. Now I know I could get an aftermarket unit and solve all my problems but I'd rather not fool with it and I'm trying to keep it as oem as possible.

I guess my question is, would this be an internal radio problem and would getting a new radio fix this, or is it a wiring issue?
Old 06-04-13, 11:52 PM
DrifterJ
Driver School Candidate

Hey Cody, i too have a UCF10 and yeah i 've got almost the exact same issues except my cd player only reads "ERR" constantly, and i literally just bought the tape adapter, to find it wont play.
I hit the "TAPE" button, it clicks over then goes right back to the FM radio. it doesnt eject on its own though, i have to press eject.

So i think im going to save up for a legit in-dash unit, or unless someone can help with our audio until then, that would be great. i cant stand radio stations, and i wanna listen to my metal!
Old 06-05-13, 12:09 AM
cody09
Driver School Candidate

Well if you're having that same problem, it leads me to believe its probably an internal problem, I mean, it's a 20 year old radio.lol. Also, all the lights on my radio don't work, like the little screen that shows the radio station and stuff doesn't light up at night
Old 06-05-13, 03:56 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by cody09
Well if you're having that same problem, it leads me to believe its probably an internal problem, I mean, it's a 20 year old radio.lol. Also, all the lights on my radio don't work, like the little screen that shows the radio station and stuff doesn't light up at night
The California company that installed an aux-in on my 00 LS Nak radio also replaced the LCD display bulbs for an additional $10: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...000-ls400.html

I would think they could also replace the radio button bulbs and fix other problems.
Old 06-05-13, 11:03 PM
DrifterJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cody09
yeah i think its internal too. i'll just save up for a new boom box. i dont see the point is spending (probably) buku bucks for just STOCK head unit lol. know what i mean, jack?