LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Thanks everyone for your imput

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 07:51 PM
Gladee8er
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks everyone for your imput

Just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to answer my post, and give your advice. I am leaning toward a 98 because of the upgraded traction control system (VSC??)

I think it is similar to the Caddy's Stabilitrak, in that it corrects vehicle yaw when getting out-of control on slippery surfaces. This could be a good thing for me living in the North country. The good thing is, snow doesn't last long on the roads after a storm anymore because of the warmer weather, and better road salt.

I also like the bronze color offered on the 98's. The new GM cars are offering the color bronzemist (Impalas, Grand pre's, etc.), and I really like it.

Cost-wise, I could definately live with a low mileage 95, but I think I am going to save for a few months and buy a 98 next March or April. That will give me time to learn the details I need to know. One post asked me about auctions. My problem is, I work in a small, family-owned dealership. When I asked my 30 year old owner if he could get me a Lexus at the auctions, he freaked-out and told me I should be buying a GM product-like a caddy or an Aurora. While these are both nice cars, they don't have the overall package the Lexus has. Plus, I think the LS 400 has an unbeatable combo of value and prestege for the money. NOBODY has one around here, especially an LS 400. It would be great to have something no one else has for a change! But there goes my auction connection for now.

Anyway, if anyone can send me their opinions or comments on these cars, I would love to hear them. (or any good deals on 98 bronze ones). If anyone out there can give info on where and when any Lexus auctions take place, I would be greatful as well. I am going to have my dealers licence soon, so I'll have access to the auctions in the future.

Thanks again for the posts, and I'll be in touch.

Gladee8er