LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

95 LS New Coilover Conversion, Having Some Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-10, 06:47 AM
LexChamp
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissapointed with arnott

I was not able to post the pics. However, after comparing the Arnott strut that I had to remove and the original air strut removed from my vehicle side by side, the Arnott strut is a few inches shorter than my original air struts. No wonder the car was sagging. The strut is perfectly fine its is simply too short. I email pics to Arnott this morning without making any demands; waiting to see what they say. I have already spent $$$$$ in labor.........SUCKS
Old 05-17-10, 01:14 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry i just saw your message.

I can think of two things here, either the control arm on the side sitting higher hasn't been reinstalled properly (happened to us before) or your struts are mismatched (very strange.)

Its been documented the the driver side is always a little lower (a tad bit) but it shouldn't be THAT noticeable by inches as you mentioned.
Old 05-21-10, 07:01 PM
LexChamp
Driver

Angry

Originally Posted by LexChamp
I ended up calling Arnott and spoke to 1 of their Areps. I explained the problem I was having with my front tires hitting the inner liners after the struts were replaced. The arep talked to his sup and reported back to me. Arnott said something like that had never happened to any of their products, indicating this is first time they have heard of this. The wanted me to pay for another set of struts, once the damage struts were received by Arnott, they would have tested the struts and provide a refund accordingly. I simply hung up the phone and made an official claim thru EBay. Once the claim was made thru EBay they shipped a new pair of struts with no questions asked.
Struts were installed; they seem a little low but not as low as the other ones. Drove the car a few hundred miles a few days ago and the car drove fine, no problems thus far; it has only been a few days so I got my fingers cross.

After a few days the car sagged down again. This has been very frustrating dealing with Arnott. They were claiming it had to be something wrong with the way the struts were being installed. They were not taking no resposibility at all. A few day ago I received this msg from them.

We have figured out the problem, that may be happening with teh struts. There is a problem with a batch of bushings..I am going to send out another set of these today. I will include another return label for the one's you have there.

Sorry for trouble this causes,

Corey

So I guess I will have to pay for labor again
Old 06-16-10, 07:21 AM
lovemyls4
Driver School Candidate

hey guys i keep looking around and i hear about the megan coilovers for ls400's i was thinking as my top choice right now the ksport pros but there is also d2 coilovers and dont want to spend over 1000 or will just go with tein i got a 95 ls400 wat you guys think ??. i am going to be on the street mostly want comfort with a lil handling just dont want the car to feel like a boat and i am going to want it pretty low also idk about the other coilovers but the ksports have front camber