LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Blinking flashing Norm Ride height problem air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 09:57 PM
ZeRoSL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blinking flashing Norm Ride height problem air suspension

ok, first of all i purposely wrote all those words in the title as i searched all of those words in this forum to try to find an answer to my problem. I have found similar problems, but either no good answers, or answers that did not work for me. I spent over 30 minutes looking through many threads reading, so please do not tell me to search again... (links are ok though)

So secondly, i have the 90' LS 400 (thats why im in the LS400 Forum) and i have the air suspension. I had work done to my front right air shock and the idiot who fixed it didnt clamp down the compressor right and it made noises when it was working. (Annoying, but bearable, as it still worked fine) I was able to adjust the ride height, and the car seemed to behave as normal as an 18 year old car with over 211,000 miles can be. I turned on the car today, and voila, the infamous norm blinking light.

Things i tried. (well first i called my dad and he suggested the following)

Check the trunk switch, turn the switch off/on.

I tried that to no avail.

I clicked my ride height switch, and since mine is noisy, i could tell if it was working or not. I heard nothing... i started to get worried

I disconnected the battery, (loosened the nut on the positive, pulled it off, waited a second or two, then reconnected it and tightened it back up)

I turned the car on again, and nothing. still blinking!

the car doesnt look too low, but i know by two weeks, it might drop.

i pushed on the car to see if the shocks bounced up and down, but no, they work as normal, absorbing shock.

I wont be able to go home to have my dad look at it for 2 weeks and i need to use it at least 4 more days of driving driving over 40 miles each day with load of passengers and some sound equipment.

any suggestions?

Last edited by ZeRoSL; 02-27-08 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-04-08, 09:33 PM
ZeRoSL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: So I still needed to drive around, and it started to get kinda low, and when i turned the car on to get back to my room, (i had the ride height on the High Setting) and it was working and filled up! but then after it got pretty high, it stopped working and the light began flashing again.
I turned the car on once more afterwards and it did fill up, but again (and a little sooner) stopped working again.

Now i heard that the suspension has a senser and sometimes it gets bent? can anyone show me some pics of that? maybe mine is bent?