LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

All Weather Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 11:06 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default All Weather Mats?

Now living in Seattle, I'm looking into getting a set of all-weather mats, and I can't find any company that definitely makes custom mats for our cars.

This is what I'm looking at. They claim to be "custom fit", but I'm pretty sure they are the generic type and I will have to cut them to make them fit.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=348&Year=1994

Looking at the reviews, for some cars they fit perfectly (newer cars), and others said they had to cut and fold them to get them to fit.

I really want to get some heavy duty mats like these in grey to match my interior...

What do you guys use? I used to use ExactMats clear mats, but I lost a few of them, and I didn't like the way they looked. They did fit perfectly though.
Old 01-02-08, 11:58 AM
etex
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set from cocomats.com that I like a lot. They are custom-made and fit very well.
Old 01-02-08, 12:43 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by etex
I bought a set from cocomats.com that I like a lot. They are custom-made and fit very well.
Can you post pics? And do you have a first gen?
Old 01-02-08, 12:44 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Interesting, their website has all sorts of cool patterns, but I'm really looking for those rubber water-holding mats.. it rains a lot out here.
Old 01-02-08, 12:50 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Suneet
Now living in Seattle, I'm looking into getting a set of all-weather mats, and I can't find any company that definitely makes custom mats for our cars.

This is what I'm looking at. They claim to be "custom fit", but I'm pretty sure they are the generic type and I will have to cut them to make them fit.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=348&Year=1994

Looking at the reviews, for some cars they fit perfectly (newer cars), and others said they had to cut and fold them to get them to fit.

I really want to get some heavy duty mats like these in grey to match my interior...

What do you guys use? I used to use ExactMats clear mats, but I lost a few of them, and I didn't like the way they looked. They did fit perfectly though.
ive run a set of exactmats since back when most of the dealerships used to run them

a lot of dealerships have switched to lexus-oem mats but they arent available for older cars. iirc u can order exactmats (set of 4 custom fit) from exactmats directly (in TX) for like $72-73 shipped

http://www.exactmats.com/ just call the 1800 no.
Old 01-02-08, 01:38 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Yeah I know, I just don't want exact mats. I didn't like the look.
Old 01-02-08, 03:16 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

I called up Weathertech, the mats are not custom-- they are a close shape and have to be cut to fit.

Not sure what to do.. seems like they look pretty good, and they look very rugged.. its a $100 gamble though.

I guess I could go the ExactMats route again.. I don't know.
Old 01-02-08, 04:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you're considering exactmats, do what I did and save yourself a few bucks. When I originally got exactmats for my GS, they didn't quite fit right, so when I got my LS, I went to staples and bought two chair mats (the ones for carpet, with the studs). They are $15 a piece, so for $30 I had two of them, and I laid Lexus floormats on top of these chairmats, drew around them with a marker, and cut them out with scissors. These chairmats have exact the same looks as the exact mats - exact the same texture and even pin spacing, but they are actually made out of thicker and more durable material, and they wont slide around at all. I eventually even changed out the exactmats in the GS for these custom made ones, and I'm very happy with them.
Old 01-02-08, 05:32 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
If you're considering exactmats, do what I did and save yourself a few bucks. When I originally got exactmats for my GS, they didn't quite fit right, so when I got my LS, I went to staples and bought two chair mats (the ones for carpet, with the studs). They are $15 a piece, so for $30 I had two of them, and I laid Lexus floormats on top of these chairmats, drew around them with a marker, and cut them out with scissors. These chairmats have exact the same looks as the exact mats - exact the same texture and even pin spacing, but they are actually made out of thicker and more durable material, and they wont slide around at all. I eventually even changed out the exactmats in the GS for these custom made ones, and I'm very happy with them.
Thats a pretty good idea.

The reason why I don't want exact mats is that it rains so much up here, those rubber mats I'm talking about actually collect the water so you can just pick up the mat and dump it out.

I also found that my ExactMats got stained to the point where I couldn't get rid of the stains.. so I just threw them away.
Old 01-02-08, 05:44 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats a pretty good idea.

The reason why I don't want exact mats is that it rains so much up here, those rubber mats I'm talking about actually collect the water so you can just pick up the mat and dump it out.
I think you will spill more water into the car than actually dump out while trying to take these mats out. I think its easier to just run some paper towels over the mats to pick up the water.

I also found that my ExactMats got stained to the point where I couldn't get rid of the stains.. so I just threw them away.
Yeah, they are a bit difficult to clean, but I found that a brush with some strong cleaner works wonders.
Old 01-15-08, 12:00 PM
slimlma04
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ebay.com should have th custom fit mats that are oem lexus...
Old 01-15-08, 01:25 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesnt lexus-parts.com have the all weather ones

well maybe not for the 1gen
Old 02-27-08, 06:34 PM
Nyxtopouli
Driver School Candidate

Default All Weather Mats

The news LS460 mats fit the LS400 in my brothers 99 LS400 and my 90 LS400. Go to the dealer for yourself and check them out. The only color option of course is dark brown or black, if that doesnt bother you.
Old 02-27-08, 08:36 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

think your brother could get some pics of the 460 mats? just laid out on a flat surface would be great! (side by side shots would be even better!)

do the 460 mats have the holes for the floor clips in the same place?
Old 02-28-08, 07:05 AM
Nyxtopouli
Driver School Candidate

ill get some pictures posted soon, of the mats that are in the car and an outside comparison