LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Got my new 20's put on.. let me know what you think!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-07, 01:43 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new 20's put on.. let me know what you think!

To many guys here, these 20" rims are going to be considered "over-the-top" and/or too blingy.

I am happy with them.. even though they weight a TON! The tires are 245/35/20s in the front, and 255/35/20s in the rear. Rims are 20" 8.5 front, 9" rear, both +38 offset. I am not going to deny the fact that it would look better lowered, cause I agree. I am not gonna BS and say "Oh I like the way it looks all lifted up high", but honestly it isnt as bad as I thought it would be so I dont mind it for now. As you can see, I dont have the mufflers on it, but I will be putting tips on there soon as well.

Let me know what you think.. be brutally honest.

Also, sorry about the crappy pictures (I had to use my cell cause I lost my digicam charger), AND I apologize for the kink in your neck you might get from looking at two of the sideways pictures. I am not responsible for any damages.

Old 11-13-07, 02:17 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love chrome wheels but these seem out of place on the car. So it's the design that is the issue. They seem huge for 20's. Looks more like 22's.
Old 11-13-07, 02:23 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not bad man, not bad at all. Its somewhat importish, but nothing extreme, which is good
Old 11-13-07, 02:51 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

not bad (ie, could be worse) but the wheels are too big for the 1LS, and it might be just the pics but the front seems to stick out a bit too much.

not a fan.
Old 11-13-07, 02:58 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
not bad (ie, could be worse) but the wheels are too big for the 1LS, and it might be just the pics but the front seems to stick out a bit too much.

not a fan.
I do agree that the front tire does stick out ALLIITTTLLEE too much. (so its not just the pics ).

I honestly was surprised how big they did look when I got them on there, cause I dont think 20's usually look that big on a 1gen. Oh well...

By the way Pure.. Do you have any pics of your car? I have never seen a picture of it, but I have been wondering what it looks like for some time now, especially since you have so many posts!

Thanks for the comments, by the way!
Old 11-13-07, 04:39 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
I do agree that the front tire does stick out ALLIITTTLLEE too much. (so its not just the pics ).

I honestly was surprised how big they did look when I got them on there, cause I dont think 20's usually look that big on a 1gen. Oh well...

By the way Pure.. Do you have any pics of your car? I have never seen a picture of it, but I have been wondering what it looks like for some time now, especially since you have so many posts!

Thanks for the comments, by the way!
uhh, heres a pic from the VIP meet (i parked in a corner and someone STILL took a pic )

wheels may be in the classifieds very soon i got somethin special on the way (hopefully)
Old 11-13-07, 04:56 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Not bad, needs a drop though!
Old 11-13-07, 05:39 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

A drop would fix it...
Old 11-13-07, 05:42 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I am happy with them.. even though they weight a TON! The tires are 245/35/20s in the front, and 255/35/20s in the rear. Rims are 20" 8.5 front, 9" rear, both +38 offset. I am not going to deny the fact that it would look better lowered, cause I agree. I am not gonna BS and say "Oh I like the way it looks all lifted up high", but honestly it isnt as bad as I thought it would be so I dont mind it for now. As you can see, I dont have the mufflers on it, but I will be putting tips on there soon as well.
lol he said he knows it looks better when its dropped. i thought u said ur gettin VIP rims iansaltes....i read a post somewhere saying u was gonna buy the same vip rims as someone else.
Old 11-13-07, 05:48 PM
Patrick622
Driver School Candidate

I'd drive it
Old 11-13-07, 06:12 PM
FLIPMOE
Pole Position

If you decided to lower your car ask CL member jasonm on what springs/shocks he used. He has 20" on his LS

Old 11-13-07, 07:00 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
lol he said he knows it looks better when its dropped. i thought u said ur gettin VIP rims iansaltes....i read a post somewhere saying u was gonna buy the same vip rims as someone else.
Hmm.. I don't remember saying that, but I might have. I wasnt really looking for a specific look when I was looking for rims.... I was open to the VIP look or the blingy chrome look as well.. and these just came around for a really great deal so I picked them up!

Puredrifter,
I love the look of your car, very nice and clean!

Flipmoe,
I read what he did awhile ago... if I remember correctly he had Tanabes (2"'s?) and Tokicos. If I do drop it in the future, I do plan to use that same setup. Thanks!!
Old 11-13-07, 08:44 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Also, is it normal for the front rims to get hotter than the rear rims? The same thing happened with my 19's. I know thats probably a "noob" question...
Old 11-13-07, 08:47 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, is it normal for the front rims to get hotter than the rear rims? The same thing happened with my 19's. I know thats probably a "noob" question...
Yeah, it's definitely normal. The front brakes apply more force to stop the car, so naturally they generate more heat, making the front rims hotter than the rears.
Old 11-13-07, 08:50 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

and more brake dust in the front.....

Quick Reply: Got my new 20's put on.. let me know what you think!