Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Tutorial For ES 300 Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-02, 08:20 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Tutorial For Lights

How to do headlight mods... (This is a compilation of old threads)

Eric :
"I changed my parking lamps. And this also applies to anyone who wants to know how to remove the headlight assembly. When you open the hood, unscrew the five screws in the front black plastic, and pop put the 9 clips, to remove the cover that covers both headlights and the center. You should see 3 bolts directly connected to the assembly. The first, is connecting the black assembly to the painted metal. The second is down near the horn, ( I started with the passenger side first ) , and the third is vertical right below the second one. You can obviously see that they hold the assembly in place. Now you have unscrewed all 3. If you look in the crack right near the first screw holding the assembly, you should be able to see (with a flashlight) a whitish plastic clip with a silver rod in the center. That is holding your headlight on. Place a long screwdriver on the side of the metal that the clip is going through, on the side that is closest to the headlight. I pried some, trying to push the headlight out, and it released the clip. Now you are able to pull the assembly most of the way out, with the wires still connected. The parking lamp bulb is right where it should be, on the bottom of the place where you see it. turn that socket to the left, then pull it down. The bulbs you can just turn them left and they pop out. Replace them and put back the headlight. After you get the first one done, it will be much easier to do the second. Maybe this can help us get the orange out of there now. I have super white parking lamps and turn signals now. Looks good, as long as I get my xenons in the mail soon. Thanks guys. Later. Eric"

Sean:
"did my clear corner mod tonight, it was a lot easier than expected

1. Remove headlight (if you don't know how to remove your headlight, don't bother with the clear corner mod at all)
2. Take off all metal clips and remove any screws near the edge seal
3. Place headlight in oven at 200 degrees (made my roomate do this part, haha) for 3-4 minutes, remove from oven and slowly work housing apart with a flathead screwdriver or knife.
4. Repeat step 3 until housing comes apart (took about 3 heating/prying sessions)
5. Unscrew interior housing connector
6. Remove 2 mirrored interior pieces
7. Remove amber insert
8. Reassemble interior parts
9. Reheat
10.Replace clips and screws"

Eric:
"I finished my clear corners yesterday. They look so good. I will take some pictures this afternoon and post them in the forum. MC's instructions were really good. Only, it took me about 5 heating prying sections. It was easiest to begin opening the side with the signal, then moving to the bottom. Prying that open, then the top just follows. Thanks again. I have a new mod that I want to try now. About a year ago, I wanted to put some knd of light into the housing to make the entire housing glow (much like the IS parking lamp). I had no ways of doing this (that didn't look horrible in the daytime) until I saw the wire that glows neon. I was thinking about putting the wire either around the canisters, or around the outsied of the housing, and wiring it into my parking lamps. Does this sound do-able? Has anyone tried anything like this?"
Old 05-03-02, 08:22 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Photos

Clear Corners (Eric's car)
Attached Thumbnails Tutorial For ES 300 Lights-mvc-023f.jpg  
Old 05-03-02, 08:24 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Night

Clear Corners and Xenon Bulbs at night (Eric's Car)
Attached Thumbnails Tutorial For ES 300 Lights-xenon2.jpg  
Old 05-03-02, 08:36 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Fog Lights

This is the link to the fog light tutorial.

Fog Light Tutorial
Old 05-03-02, 11:27 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand all of it except for the reheat part. Does it have something to do with getting the glue to stick again?

Now if only we could find an effective way to get the tail lights cleared. Or a company who'd make us some Euro Taillights. I'd prefer the latter.
Old 05-04-02, 05:18 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Glue

Yes, the glue is heat sensitive glue. So when you try and put it back together, you will see that you will not be able to push it back together until you reheat the glue. Then reheat it again to make sure that your seal is completely connected.
Old 10-05-02, 04:57 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

I reposted in this so that it would be at the top of the list and you guys could see how to do it....
Old 10-05-02, 05:31 PM
oosoul
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what type of xenon's did u buy & where did u get them from ...and how much did it cost ?
also i will be clearing my corners in the near future what type of sealant do i need to buy to reseal them? i'm also going to try the angel eyes mod while i have them out...

Last edited by oosoul; 10-05-02 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-08-02, 05:07 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

reposted again