Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

about to buy HID from DDM

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-09, 11:23 PM
LXLUTHR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
if your worried about melting wires get a relay for it.

Worried about melting the house... then iono haha

temp wise.. 5000k is like OEM Lexus. thats what im running.. DDM 5000k Slim.

6000k will give you a more BMW look.
How do you like 5000k? What color output do they put out? If you could post some pictures that would great
Old 02-09-09, 05:59 AM
LexDymond
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowless
ive been running all 3 sets for about 3 months now. and they are equally just as good. although the raptor doesnt look as nice as the ddm slim they are the same size and pretty much the same quality other than gloss black paint and a nicer looking sticker. so far they havent had any issues related to the HID kits them selves. but i can tell you they need some additional mods to help them on chryslers and what not ( i have the kits on my truck). and its all worry free since they all have lifetime warranty

so by look u mean the actual ballast not the light output right? thanks for the info i look forward to my kit, i will post pics as soon as they arrive.
Old 02-13-09, 09:22 PM
shadowless
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexDymond
so by look u mean the actual ballast not the light output right? thanks for the info i look forward to my kit, i will post pics as soon as they arrive.
yes just the look of the ballast.

just so everyone knows... raptor kits are gonna take forever to get in again
Old 02-16-09, 01:37 PM
LexDymond
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shadowless
yes just the look of the ballast.

just so everyone knows... raptor kits are gonna take forever to get in again
thats ridiculous! i ordered my kit 3 weeks ago and im still waiting. i called when i order and they told me they just got a shipment in and one would be sent out. 1 week after that i called back and they said mine wasnt in that shipment but they had one coming in the next day and it would be included in that one. 1 week after that (2weeks) i called and they said that shipment was backorders and i wouldnt be inlcuded in that one. and finally i called last week and they said they were expecting a shipment and it would be included in that one. yet still no kit, i dont even wanna call this week cuz im afraid of what new story there gonna give me. 3weeks and counting and im still waiting, this is lame! oh and they took my payment 3weeks ago so they got my money but i got no product....
Old 02-16-09, 01:41 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexDymond
thats ridiculous! i ordered my kit 3 weeks ago and im still waiting. i called when i order and they told me they just got a shipment in and one would be sent out. 1 week after that i called back and they said mine wasnt in that shipment but they had one coming in the next day and it would be included in that one. 1 week after that (2weeks) i called and they said that shipment was backorders and i wouldnt be inlcuded in that one. and finally i called last week and they said they were expecting a shipment and it would be included in that one. yet still no kit, i dont even wanna call this week cuz im afraid of what new story there gonna give me. 3weeks and counting and im still waiting, this is lame! oh and they took my payment 3weeks ago so they got my money but i got no product....
lol i got my spare kit today, i ordered it last friday.
Old 02-20-09, 03:02 PM
LexDymond
Driver School Candidate

finally got my kits in today... 6k and 3k ... install was a breeze took all of 5min, plug and play....im very pleased with the product the light output is great and looks great. didnt get to install the fogs (3k) yet but will do so 2moro. will post pics after that. Only gripe about DDM is they took 3 1/2 weeks to ship, but considering the price i cant really complain. overall = very satisified customer! i def recommend ordering from them as long as you have patience....
Old 02-20-09, 07:36 PM
ns3425
Rookie

i orderd on wed so 2 days ago. i hope mine come next weeek. let me see some pics of yours
Old 02-27-09, 04:05 PM
HighSoarer
Driver

I just got a DDM HID Kit (H7) for my daily driver. Everything hooked up fine but when I went to turn them on the lights flickered (kind of like turn signals) but they weren't hooked up in the wrong location or anything. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 03-05-09, 05:24 PM
shawnlexus
Driver

Default ddm

where do you guys order from?
Old 03-08-09, 08:51 AM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shawnlexus
where do you guys order from?