Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

about to buy HID from DDM

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 01:26 AM
LXLUTHR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good guys! Has anyone tried the DDM 55w 5000k?
Old 01-30-09, 02:36 AM
Mr.412
Lead Lap

Got my kit from DDM, weather sucks right now in my city so not sure when it's getting put in
Old 01-30-09, 07:09 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

About how long did you guys have to wait to receive your kits?
Old 01-30-09, 08:27 AM
Inzane089
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

took me like 3 weeks i think?
Old 01-30-09, 10:36 AM
Mr.412
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Inzane089
took me like 3 weeks i think?
about the same maybe a lil less, the best way to get it is to keep on calling them
Old 01-30-09, 11:30 AM
NguyenD408
Driver School Candidate

I'm pretty sure this is a noob question, but will the DDM 9006 hids fit right in the sc with out any modifications? And when do we need to do a retrofit?
Old 01-30-09, 02:22 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

should come with all needed.... good luck
Old 01-31-09, 10:46 AM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, just wondering if the 55w lows and fogs are ok for the plastic housing?
Old 01-31-09, 12:04 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

People say that 55w isnt good for the fogs because of all the heat that is generated but i heard a few people were able to run them without any problems. I have 55w on my lows and after awhile of driving i touch my headlights they're pretty warm.
Old 01-31-09, 12:13 PM
DangGS3
Pole Position

i just order one too. it took a week for them to ship my kit. i should be getting it on monday
Old 02-04-09, 08:18 PM
shadowless
Driver School Candidate

im a distributor for ddm hids, and i can tell everyone on here that the wait people were experiencing for the last month was due to the large amount of orders they got after thanksgiving combined with holiday price drops. when i ordered on the 17th of december and asked what the eta was for my order. they told me flat out im one of 700 orders and growing that they had to process and fulfill in order received.

your best bet would be to call them before you order and simply check to see if your desired kit is in stock then ask to place them a phone order if they have it while your on the phone. depending on who your talking to when you call they will take your order or tell you to go through the site. the majority of those who ordered last december probably didnt call before hand to check stock of the item hence the unexpected wait times. there usual wait for in stock items is 1-3 days for order processing and then another 3-7 business days for shipping. so about a 1.5 weeks if your item is in stock.

on another note.... raptor brand kits ( the $39.95 kit) is constantly out of stock and they just got a shipment in today but chances are the majority of that shipment if not all is already called for and being shipped. they usually have stock of ddm and apexcone ballast so those ship quick. HOWEVER, be wise when ordering raptor brand hids and other components or other brand kits or parts they carry. if you ordered something with a raptor hid kit and everything is in stock but that hid kit your order will be put on hold till those lights come in so they can ship everything all together.

i personally use 3 of the kits they offer the ddm slim ballast 35w h13, apexcone full size 35w 9006and raptor 35w 9004. i have had good experiences with the hids so far since ive had them on my cars. and i will be soon upgrading to 55w h13 bixenon and 9004 bixenon. they are by far the best bang for your buck. the light out put is amazing and price cant be beat as well as lifetime warranty.

hopefully this helps clear everyones questions about ddm hids. just remember call to check stock before ordering!!

PS.... for those of you who dont know for some odd reason some of the ddm kits have the + and - wires switched on the plug that goes to the vehicle harness.... so when you attach the plug correctly and it clips to the vehicle harness the lights dont work. to remedy this simply flip it over. or if you have time and tools carefully remove the pins and switch them around so they will clip into the oem harness as they should. either or works.

Last edited by shadowless; 02-04-09 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-05-09, 08:53 AM
LexDymond
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shadowless
im a distributor for ddm hids, and i can tell everyone on here that the wait people were experiencing for the last month was due to the large amount of orders they got after thanksgiving combined with holiday price drops. when i ordered on the 17th of december and asked what the eta was for my order. they told me flat out im one of 700 orders and growing that they had to process and fulfill in order received.

your best bet would be to call them before you order and simply check to see if your desired kit is in stock then ask to place them a phone order if they have it while your on the phone. depending on who your talking to when you call they will take your order or tell you to go through the site. the majority of those who ordered last december probably didnt call before hand to check stock of the item hence the unexpected wait times. there usual wait for in stock items is 1-3 days for order processing and then another 3-7 business days for shipping. so about a 1.5 weeks if your item is in stock.

on another note.... raptor brand kits ( the $39.95 kit) is constantly out of stock and they just got a shipment in today but chances are the majority of that shipment if not all is already called for and being shipped. they usually have stock of ddm and apexcone ballast so those ship quick. HOWEVER, be wise when ordering raptor brand hids and other components or other brand kits or parts they carry. if you ordered something with a raptor hid kit and everything is in stock but that hid kit your order will be put on hold till those lights come in so they can ship everything all together.

i personally use 3 of the kits they offer the ddm slim ballast 35w h13, apexcone full size 35w 9006and raptor 35w 9004. i have had good experiences with the hids so far since ive had them on my cars. and i will be soon upgrading to 55w h13 bixenon and 9004 bixenon. they are by far the best bang for your buck. the light out put is amazing and price cant be beat as well as lifetime warranty.

hopefully this helps clear everyones questions about ddm hids. just remember call to check stock before ordering!!

PS.... for those of you who dont know for some odd reason some of the ddm kits have the + and - wires switched on the plug that goes to the vehicle harness.... so when you attach the plug correctly and it clips to the vehicle harness the lights dont work. to remedy this simply flip it over. or if you have time and tools carefully remove the pins and switch them around so they will clip into the oem harness as they should. either or works.

great info buddy, i order two sets of the raptors for my lows and fogs, should be gettin them somtime next week. Quick question, since u have all three kits what can you say of them? which do u like most, which looks the best(light outpu) thanks for your input.
Old 02-05-09, 04:02 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jgscott
Can you guys tell help me with a few q's ?

Wil the 55 w one be safe in the SC, no melting ? Are they to bright, like do they blind oncomming traffic ?

Which xxxx K color is the whitest or closest to the Lexus new car factory ones. The new Lexus car one are suppose to image the sun.

if your worried about melting wires get a relay for it.

Worried about melting the house... then iono haha

temp wise.. 5000k is like OEM Lexus. thats what im running.. DDM 5000k Slim.

6000k will give you a more BMW look.
Old 02-07-09, 01:31 AM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFvoOanFXE

So far I like them! 3000k fogs DDM slim ballasts. Everything was easy to install...Yes the plugs were backwards.
Old 02-08-09, 11:20 PM
shadowless
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexDymond
great info buddy, i order two sets of the raptors for my lows and fogs, should be gettin them somtime next week. Quick question, since u have all three kits what can you say of them? which do u like most, which looks the best(light outpu) thanks for your input.
ive been running all 3 sets for about 3 months now. and they are equally just as good. although the raptor doesnt look as nice as the ddm slim they are the same size and pretty much the same quality other than gloss black paint and a nicer looking sticker. so far they havent had any issues related to the HID kits them selves. but i can tell you they need some additional mods to help them on chryslers and what not ( i have the kits on my truck). and its all worry free since they all have lifetime warranty

Quick Reply: about to buy HID from DDM