E39 Xenon Projector - before and after year 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-06, 09:57 AM
fiver777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E39 Xenon Projector - before and after year 2000

Hello folks,

im a german newbie owner of a 92 SC 300 with 58000 miles and a manual transmission.
I realy like the car, but the headlights are terrible, they are realy bad for german standart, yellow and much too short. I know, you guys have straight highways with max speed 90 miles per hour, but europeen streets and speed limits are different, so i will be dead soon with this bad light

I have read in other threads the e39's will fit perfect into SC's headlights, i will try to get some. But my question is: in Germany you can get two different kinds of E39 headlights, for years 95-00 and for later then year 2000. Also you can buy them with or without angel eyes. Do somebody know if there are differences between the production years? Will later models (after 2000) also fit in my SC?

I know, im a nag and this is to 99% posted already somewhere, but my english is very bad (as you can read) and it difficult to me read a us forum, so a hint would be nice.

best regards from Germany
White Rabbit
Old 02-13-06, 10:09 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!!!!!

Your English is actually very good - better than some English speaking folk as a matter of fact.

ClubLexus is a great site and someone will reply to you very quickly regarding your question. I personally don't know anything about SC's so will shut up now.

I just find it very interesting when someone in Germany actually buys a Lexus as those are very rare cars in Germany. Not be negative about Germans or anything like that, but I think there is a very fundamental reason why Lexus does not sell very many cars in Germany or in Europe for that matter.
Old 02-13-06, 11:42 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

i agree with Hameed, your english is very good. trust me theres people on this board with way wrost grammar and spelling erros. like me! hahaha. well sorry i cant help you but welcome to CL. will be following this post because i also do hate the stock lights on the SC. I will also be doing a retrofit sometime this year.
Old 02-13-06, 02:49 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi and welcome to CL, I don't know if we even have 90mph speed limits here... In California atleast.
Old 02-14-06, 08:46 AM
fiver777
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the warm welcome Concerning my englisch, thanks im wreaking, feel please free to correct me

Lexus is, how Hameed said, absolutely rare in Europe. The problem is europeens, despite good credibleness and quality, dont like cars designed for the american marcets. The favorite merks are Audi, Bmw and Mercedes. I was an owner Alfa GTV before, but the quality was really bad. About the 90 miles limit, thay say here it is so in complete USA. Bur there are things like the V1 They also say, the same cars are builded deifferent for the amrican and europeen marcets, to tell an example the actual SC 430.

Have mercy, write something about the headlights

best regards
White Rabbit
Old 02-14-06, 01:34 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fiver777
Hello folks,

im a german newbie owner of a 92 SC 300 with 58000 miles and a manual transmission.
I realy like the car, but the headlights are terrible, they are realy bad for german standart, yellow and much too short. I know, you guys have straight highways with max speed 90 miles per hour, but europeen streets and speed limits are different, so i will be dead soon with this bad light

I have read in other threads the e39's will fit perfect into SC's headlights, i will try to get some. But my question is: in Germany you can get two different kinds of E39 headlights, for years 95-00 and for later then year 2000. Also you can buy them with or without angel eyes. Do somebody know if there are differences between the production years? Will later models (after 2000) also fit in my SC?

I know, im a nag and this is to 99% posted already somewhere, but my english is very bad (as you can read) and it difficult to me read a us forum, so a hint would be nice.

best regards from Germany
White Rabbit
Here you go my friend!

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/

Go to OEM HID lighting for more info
Welcome to Clublexus! May your HID days be all the while more merrier!
Old 02-15-06, 08:28 AM
fiver777
Driver School Candidate

Thanks They is no information if the projectors are diffenrent in size, but about other differences between the production years, it is a beginning. I think a will see that price is better, the quality of light should be nearly the same.
Old 02-15-06, 09:58 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fiver777
Thanks They is no information if the projectors are diffenrent in size, but about other differences between the production years, it is a beginning. I think a will see that price is better, the quality of light should be nearly the same.
In my opinion, for the money, you're better off going with something more superior to the Hella projector. There are dozens of HID projectors on the market. Have you seen some of the nicer ones like the Acura TSX or the Audi A4 Valeo ones? Check www.hidplanet.com/forums and take a look around at what some of the guys there are going all over the planet.

I also do retrofits as well and help people here with their projects as well so the door is open to assistance if you'd like that as well in the near future!
Mike
Old 02-18-06, 09:39 AM
fiver777
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Mike, i will probably pester you with questions soon.
I would like to take the e39 projectors, cause there i dont need to change something to built them in, they should fit like OEM. In the strict sence it is illegal in Germany to built Xenon in a car without washer bay and levelling for the headlights. And because of lawful checking all 2 years of any car here, it should look OEM
I have found out that the difference between different years of the projectors probably is, are only the projectors them self, electronic control units are the same.

best regards White Rabbit