Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

LEDs - Wedge Bulb options (2GS & 3GS) comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-06, 10:50 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtgs400
So any of you guys received your J-51's yet? I'll be getting mine on thursday. Can't wait.

Also, do any of you know how I can remove a bulb that falls into the housing? When I tried taking out my old LEDs one popped off and fell into the housing. I tried scooping it towards the hole but made it worst cause I can't see the bulbs at all anymore.
ahahhahahaaah HORRIBLE! you dont even understand lol. i got my j51s this past weekend. i went out and installed the passenger side one no problem, swapped the driver side, had the new light and socket 90% of the way in and it hit the edge of the housing and popped out and fell in the headlight housing...i proceeded, for about an hour and a half, to use various types of bent hangers and funny looking contraptions to get at the damn thing from the back side of the opening under the hood..to no avail..this thing didnt just fall into the housing, it fell UNDER the chrome part and all the way down to the front of the housing lol....now i unplugged the working light so it doesnt look stupid and just have to remove the headlight this weekend...the bumper obviously has to come off but it doesnt matter i guess...im going to do my new blinker swap and yellow fog swap at the same time... anyone have a nice link to the easiest way to remove the front bumper on the 98-05 gs400? thanks
Old 02-22-06, 05:14 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jtgs400
So any of you guys received your J-51's yet? I'll be getting mine on thursday. Can't wait.

Also, do any of you know how I can remove a bulb that falls into the housing? When I tried taking out my old LEDs one popped off and fell into the housing. I tried scooping it towards the hole but made it worst cause I can't see the bulbs at all anymore.
Tape a rubber hose to a standard household vaccuum cleaner hose. Turn it on and suck the bulb out. If you don't have the regular wet/dry type or a otherwise bagless, use a tube that's smaller than the bulb so you can get it back.

If you prefer something more archaic, a stick with gum (still warm) at the end of it will work as well.
Old 02-22-06, 08:00 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Tape a rubber hose to a standard household vaccuum cleaner hose. Turn it on and suck the bulb out. If you don't have the regular wet/dry type or a otherwise bagless, use a tube that's smaller than the bulb so you can get it back.

If you prefer something more archaic, a stick with gum (still warm) at the end of it will work as well.
wow, im actually probably going to give the vac thing a shot. never would have thought of that before...
Old 02-22-06, 08:03 AM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

upstate... you ordered from eautoworks and got the LEDs? I did too and have not received anything, order says backordered. I'm gonna give them a call today.
Old 02-22-06, 08:32 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't gotten mine yet.

You can probably fish that bulb out with one of those antenna-type wands that has a magnet on the end.
Old 02-22-06, 05:37 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtucci
upstate... you ordered from eautoworks and got the LEDs? I did too and have not received anything, order says backordered. I'm gonna give them a call today.

yup, ordered from ea and they came like this past week. i called and told them i wanted them immediately, this was after they tried to tell me it was going to take another 2 weeks.. i guess i sounded convincing enough for them to "come up" with an extra set when they heard i wasnt satisfied about having to wait.
Old 02-22-06, 05:38 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by engin_ear
I haven't gotten mine yet.

You can probably fish that bulb out with one of those antenna-type wands that has a magnet on the end.

tried that already not enough metal in the end of the bulb to work with the magnet..
Old 02-22-06, 05:42 PM
CleanCL
Lead Lap

ugh, i called today and they said backordered for a couple weeks.
Old 02-22-06, 06:10 PM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
ahahhahahaaah HORRIBLE! you dont even understand lol. i got my j51s this past weekend. i went out and installed the passenger side one no problem, swapped the driver side, had the new light and socket 90% of the way in and it hit the edge of the housing and popped out and fell in the headlight housing...i proceeded, for about an hour and a half, to use various types of bent hangers and funny looking contraptions to get at the damn thing from the back side of the opening under the hood..to no avail..this thing didnt just fall into the housing, it fell UNDER the chrome part and all the way down to the front of the housing lol....now i unplugged the working light so it doesnt look stupid and just have to remove the headlight this weekend...the bumper obviously has to come off but it doesnt matter i guess...im going to do my new blinker swap and yellow fog swap at the same time... anyone have a nice link to the easiest way to remove the front bumper on the 98-05 gs400? thanks

Did you try turning the lights on to see how they look? If so, how close are they a match to your main headlights? Here's a pic of the Raybrigs I bought but currently switched back to the M4's.
Old 02-23-06, 06:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

i turned the one on that DIDNT fall into the housing...it was an ok match, obviously not perfect, it will never be exact...nature of the beast....but anyway its not bad, not blue at all, the whitest of all the ones ive seen so far i think....ill try posting up a pic whenever i end up fishing the other bulb out of its new home and actually get it installed.
Old 02-25-06, 06:33 AM
TeflonGS
Driver

Default recommend Sigma

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Never received these last year, had to cancel order, there was a problem with Edward's supplier. Because of this, I cannot really recommend Sigma.

I do really like dealing with eautoworks.com and xtremewhite.com , which are 2 different web fronts for the same e-business.
I just ordered the Polarg J-51 Hyper White LED P2310W from eautoworks.com.
I ordered two sets of Raybrig RC81s from Edward at Sigma and received them in a timely manner. He even kept me updated throughout the process.

I recommend Sigma.

Last edited by TeflonGS; 02-25-06 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-26-06, 05:40 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Gs-300

Folks,

I am seriously confused and hope someone can help me... I want to match the Fogs, DTRs, Parking, turns, reverse, side markers, etc., as close to the factory HIDs as possible. I am unsure which bulbs to purchase and would like to use LEDs where possible... I do not want to risk damage to the vehicle and/or modify the wiring. Can someone confirm if the below order at Sigma will fit the bill and whether I will need resistors??? Please advise, thanks!

Product Name Unit Price Quantity Cost Increase
Quantity Decrease
Quantity Remove
Item
PIAA High Intensity LED (pair except T6)

Super LED WhiteWhite
$25.00 $50.00

OHINATA Bulbs

OH-670 194 White pair
$26.00 $26.00

Polarg Miracle White (pair)

$84.00 $84.00

RAYBRIG LED Color

T10WB RC341 pair
$35.00 $35.00

Polarg Miracle White (pair)

$84.00 $84.00

Lee
Old 03-09-06, 12:19 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any word on the J-51's?? Any pictures??

Jonny
Old 03-09-06, 02:08 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

i put both of mine in the other day, as i suspected they dont really look that great with the 4300k hids..but again its TOTALLY personal preference..im my own opinion..the 4300k's along with the new yellow fogs i just put in, are more then enough different colors for the front of the car..i actually removed the J51s and dont even have any bulbs in the parking sockets now..so when i drive its just the hids and the fogs...i also did the foglight mod so i can just have the fogs on when im driving and no headlights...im not sure if im even going to bother putting the j51s back into the housings or just leave them out...seriously the j51 color, along with the 4300k hids, and the yellow fogs, AND the oem sidemarkers (orange) would just be too many different colors up front. the yellow fogs and the hid compliment eachother nicely. when you throw the j51s into the mix now you have three colors and its just funk in my opinion...but like i said, some people might like them....but i will give the j51s this...they are BRIGHT as hell, and out of all the 194s and led 194s i have tried, these are the best in my opinion...they are the whitest white out of the bunch i think, but still not a great match for my hids (4300k from xenondepot.com)...honestly though, you will never find a 194 size bulb or led 194 that ever will actually be identical to hids, its just not possible, so either you have to deal with this look or dont rock the citylight/parking bulbs at all...
Old 03-09-06, 02:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i put both of mine in the other day, as i suspected they dont really look that great with the 4300k hids..but again its TOTALLY personal preference..im my own opinion..the 4300k's along with the new yellow fogs i just put in, are more then enough different colors for the front of the car..i actually removed the J51s and dont even have any bulbs in the parking sockets now..so when i drive its just the hids and the fogs...i also did the foglight mod so i can just have the fogs on when im driving and no headlights...im not sure if im even going to bother putting the j51s back into the housings or just leave them out...seriously the j51 color, along with the 4300k hids, and the yellow fogs, AND the oem sidemarkers (orange) would just be too many different colors up front. the yellow fogs and the hid compliment eachother nicely. when you throw the j51s into the mix now you have three colors and its just funk in my opinion...but like i said, some people might like them....but i will give the j51s this...they are BRIGHT as hell, and out of all the 194s and led 194s i have tried, these are the best in my opinion...they are the whitest white out of the bunch i think, but still not a great match for my hids (4300k from xenondepot.com)...honestly though, you will never find a 194 size bulb or led 194 that ever will actually be identical to hids, its just not possible, so either you have to deal with this look or dont rock the citylight/parking bulbs at all...
I have the stock HID's and no parking lights in right now. I have the L-Sportline kit so I have no sidemarkers. What would you recommend?

Thanks man,
Jonny

Quick Reply: LEDs - Wedge Bulb options (2GS & 3GS) comparison