LFA Model (2012)

White Pearl #408 has landed !

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 03:29 PM
Contender
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default White Pearl #408 has landed !

After having a number of 911s (turbos, gt3rs and most recently a turbo S) I drank the 'LFA coolaid'. I wanted something that I didn't see every day (in fact I never saw one before this one in real life) sounded great and wasn't going to be outdated by a newer model.

I am very, very happy although the car is not quite a week old. I violently agree with Jeremy Clarkson's assessment - this is the best car I have ever driven !
Attached Thumbnails White Pearl #408 has landed !-lfa17.jpg   White Pearl #408 has landed !-lfa11.jpg   White Pearl #408 has landed !-lfa10.jpg   White Pearl #408 has landed !-lexuslfa.jpg  
Old 10-22-13, 03:39 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

sick ride! one of my all time favorites!
Old 10-22-13, 04:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

congrats on the new ride! can't wait to see more pics and driving feedback
Old 10-22-13, 04:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Sweet pictures!!

Please do write a full review of your LFA when you get some good seat time in it.
Old 10-22-13, 11:04 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Very nice combo....white on red

Huge congratulations!
Old 10-22-13, 11:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 10-23-13, 09:41 AM
spinout180
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet! Here is the link to the original import topic:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...-interior.html
Old 10-23-13, 10:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Congratulations !! One of my favorite color combinations for the LFA
Old 11-01-13, 11:03 AM
Contender
Rookie

Default Driving experience - 911 Turbo S vs LFA

One thing about the Turbo S – besides being less exclusive than the LFA – it had no passion, no visceral excitement. The Turbo S was almost too good and did it all without the effort or emotion of the LFA.

I have read a lot of articles about the LFA from both the lovers and the haters. What I can honestly say now that I own one is that the driving experience that the car affords is fantastic. It may not be the fastest, but more important, it is the best driving experience one can possibly experience on the short side of $1,000,000.

Sure, the LFA is very expensive, but the ownership experience truly is priceless. And regarding the price - the jury is still out what the cost of ownership will be over the long period (cost to purchase and maintain less price upon selling). I believe time will recognize the excellence of the car and the true specialness of the story surrounding its manufacture.

My two cents.
Old 11-01-13, 01:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Contender
One thing about the Turbo S – besides being less exclusive than the LFA – it had no passion, no visceral excitement. The Turbo S was almost too good and did it all without the effort or emotion of the LFA.

I have read a lot of articles about the LFA from both the lovers and the haters. What I can honestly say now that I own one is that the driving experience that the car affords is fantastic. It may not be the fastest, but more important, it is the best driving experience one can possibly experience on the short side of $1,000,000.

Sure, the LFA is very expensive, but the ownership experience truly is priceless. And regarding the price - the jury is still out what the cost of ownership will be over the long period (cost to purchase and maintain less price upon selling). I believe time will recognize the excellence of the car and the true specialness of the story surrounding its manufacture.

My two cents.
so much truth

another owner review talking about the driving experience making it all worth it

fantastic! congrats again
Old 11-01-13, 10:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks. Agreed with all your impressions.

Besides, LFA's strong suit is its track performance even with average traction on tires. Even if it cannot match the turbo S 0 - 60 mph in 2.7 seconds, it has proven to outhandle all flavors of 911 except the GT2 RS (which like all other GT 911 uses super sticky Cup slick tires and LFA's tires are not even half as sticky as those).

Originally Posted by Contender

My two cents.
Old 11-01-13, 10:33 PM
NickawdIs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that some one rather buys something different :-)
Old 11-02-13, 08:16 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks. Agreed with all your impressions.

Besides, LFA's strong suit is its track performance even with average traction on tires. Even if it cannot match the turbo S 0 - 60 mph in 2.7 seconds, it has proven to outhandle all flavors of 911 except the GT2 RS (which like all other GT 911 uses super sticky Cup slick tires and LFA's tires are not even half as sticky as those).
Lexus should have used the best tires for the car but as for why, who knows? I do know that the car does feel special and you get more an appreciation for it. However how did the Chevy Camaro Z28 beat this car? LoL
Old 11-02-13, 11:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
Lexus should have used the best tires for the car but as for why, who knows? I do know that the car does feel special and you get more an appreciation for it. However how did the Chevy Camaro Z28 beat this car? LoL

Obviously, Tanahashi san said Akira Iida lapped only 7 seconds faster in the Nurburgring Edition LFA so that makes the factory standard LFA lap time of 7:21 seconds.

LFA has lapped faster the VIR track than the ZL-1 and GT500 in the Car and driver lightning lap competition (even when they were going easy on Roy's LFA). with a 10 mph higer trap speed on the back straight.

Also, I have heard the Pirelli Corsa Z-28 uses are even more sticky than the Michelin Pilot Cup tires. Generally, there is a 10% improvement in lap time by using slick tires on the track.

The Sport Auto lap time of LFA (like the 458 Italia) was done by Horst Von Saurma who is known for running flimsy lap times for majority of the cars (he did the same lap time in a ZR-1, GTR, 458 Italia etc.)

Regarding tires, from what I know,Lexus did not want to compromise daily drivability so not putting super sticky tires was a strategic decision to gain traction in the wet by giving up some dry traction.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-02-13 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-02-13, 11:20 AM
Contender
Rookie

Default Here's the bottom line - it's like having children....

and you don't get it till you have had them. With the LFA - you don't get it until you have had the pleasure of driving one and/or understand what went in to its manufacture.

Only then do you realize how special it really is....

Quick Reply: White Pearl #408 has landed !