LFA Model (2012)

LFAs for sale online

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-11, 12:58 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also remember hearing about people buying two. I'm really confused by the selection process for this car.
Old 09-08-11, 01:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Like I have said before, folks in Japan are highly committed to their plans
Once they are agreed upon they do not revisit them
that would be bad
Old 09-08-11, 03:14 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
.. and in Japan people are still on a "Waiting List"

Why, I just don't get it..!!

Joe Z
It really is a travesty IMO. After all the hooplah, u have to wonder if the people in charge of allocation really knew wtf they were doing.

That being said, if anybody is willing to finance me an LFA for $50/month for the next 50 years that's fine. I'm game. They can even have it back when I can't drive fast anymore.
Old 09-08-11, 04:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MR_F1
It really is a travesty IMO. After all the hooplah, u have to wonder if the people in charge of allocation really knew wtf they were doing.

That being said, if anybody is willing to finance me an LFA for $50/month for the next 50 years that's fine. I'm game. They can even have it back when I can't drive fast anymore.
lol 50 a month or 500? i don't think 50 a month will fly
Old 09-08-11, 09:00 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
lol 50 a month or 500? i don't think 50 a month will fly
No, I pretty much meant $50. I'm cheap. lol lol lol

Naw, j/k $500. $550 if I get to keep it.
Old 09-09-11, 10:04 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

depends on how they look at it. i am sure on one hand, they want to just unload all the cars as soon as possible, especially when they still have more unallocated slots coming 2012. but on the other hand, they have always wanted to control the price and avoid any flipping (evidently), although i don't know how they can really do that.
The sole concern of all auto dealers are generating profits, nothing else. Now the demand is proven to be lower then the supply, they are happy to just unload it at MSRP, or even lower. They are not looking the other way, they are looking directly at them to see how they can possibly flip it for a profit. The dealers would be flipping the cars themselves if there are profits to be made.

The "waiting list" in Japan could very well be artificially created to keep the value and demand up. You know how everyone who is selling anything always tells you it is flying off the shelf, hurry up and come buy the last ones before is all sold out. At the end the reality is there are still planty of unsold items. Remember when the LFA 1st came on the market, the news of "all 500 of them are all sold out" instantly came out? That apply to just about all limited quantity items. All Ferrari is always all sold out at any given time, but you can always buy one with a mark up on the open market. It is so funny.

Last edited by BNR34; 09-10-11 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-09-11, 11:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BNR34
The sole concern of all auto dealers are generating profits, nothing else. Now the demand is proven to be lower then the supply, they are happy to just unload it at MSRP, or even lower. They are not looking the other way, they are looking directly at them to see how they can possibly flip it for a profit. The dealers would be flipping the cars themselves if there are profits to be made.

The "waiting list" in Japan could very well be artificially created to keep the value and demand up. You know how everyone who is selling something always tells you it is flying off the shelf, hurry up and come buy the last ones before is all sold out. It really works!
well we do have a member in japan (dave600hl) who wants a lfa but didn't get the lucky draw. he's been trying to work with lexus japan however seems like he's not getting one. well at least that was the case few months ago
Old 09-10-11, 09:24 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

well we do have a member in japan (dave600hl) who wants a lfa but didn't get the lucky draw. he's been trying to work with lexus japan however seems like he's not getting one. well at least that was the case few months ago

^ ^ Agreed..
We havent seen or heard of any un-sold LFA's sitting in Japan dealerships, not going to happen....

If I were in the Marketing / Sales Dept. I would have made sure the country specific allocations were not "set in stone"...

It's pure economics at this point that there is NO waiting list for USA LFA's..

Other countries may start flopping to the US dealerships for prosective buyers..

As an example, I personally know 1 or 2 sales people that have sold fully loaded LS's to buyers in other countries..

~ Joe Z
Old 09-10-11, 10:13 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I know that fact

But that is just what we hear, how do we know if any of that is true? Lexus could be lying to him also to create that artificial hype, then one day he get a call telling him there is a car for him and he would be super excited and pay any amount they ask for because he crave one so much.

Human nature is very dark, most people would do anything for a buck. I don't believe anything unless I am directly in the middle of it.
Old 09-10-11, 01:26 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
I've mentioned before that there was no way Lexus (both USA and global) wouldn't know that they couldn't sell 173 before the allocation got increased. The only explanation is that Lexus wants these models to be in the US - sold here, staying here, and being visible here. We've already determined that the LFA is sold out in virtually every other region in the world. That would also explain why they attempt to put restrictions on moving LFAs (e.g., our Japanese members reporting that dealerships in Japan will not service LFAs bought overseas).

I know that fact

But that is just what we hear, how do we know if any of that is true? Lexus could be lying to him also to create that artificial hype, then one day he get a call telling him there is a car for him and he would be super excited and pay any amount they ask for because he crave one so much.

Human nature is very dark, most people would do anything for a buck. I don't believe anything unless I am directly in the middle of it.
I think you would be well served with a considerably less cynical outlook on the world. First is that Lexus puts a lot of pressure on the dealerships not to sell over MSRP. Besides, your guesses don't fit well with Lexus' actions in general. They have done very little hype on the LFA. Lexus USA for example has never hyped up the LFA sales; as I've posted before, all that hype was done by media outlets and irrelevant commentators. More globally, even the 7:14 Nürburgring time had to be broken here by the relative of an LFA owner who heard it from Lexus people at the event, then reposted to twitter before it went viral. If Lexus is really trying to create some sham to sell LFAs, they're doing a really bad job of it.
Old 09-10-11, 03:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

^ ^ Agreed..
We havent seen or heard of any un-sold LFA's sitting in Japan dealerships, not going to happen....

If I were in the Marketing / Sales Dept. I would have made sure the country specific allocations were not "set in stone"...

It's pure economics at this point that there is NO waiting list for USA LFA's..

Other countries may start flopping to the US dealerships for prosective buyers..

As an example, I personally know 1 or 2 sales people that have sold fully loaded LS's to buyers in other countries..

~ Joe Z
in another thread i believe a car is for sale in middle east area now? can't remember

I know that fact

yes, i understand. but until we hear that, i think i will give the benefit of the doubts and go with what's being said so far. now if suddenly we hear from dave again and that he's getting one, yea, we can all smell something

Originally Posted by gengar
I've mentioned before that there was no way Lexus (both USA and global) wouldn't know that they couldn't sell 173 before the allocation got increased. The only explanation is that Lexus wants these models to be in the US - sold here, staying here, and being visible here. We've already determined that the LFA is sold out in virtually every other region in the world. That would also explain why they attempt to put restrictions on moving LFAs (e.g., our Japanese members reporting that dealerships in Japan will not service LFAs bought overseas).

I think you would be well served with a considerably less cynical outlook on the world. First is that Lexus puts a lot of pressure on the dealerships not to sell over MSRP. Besides, your guesses don't fit well with Lexus' actions in general. They have done very little hype on the LFA. Lexus USA for example has never hyped up the LFA sales; as I've posted before, all that hype was done by media outlets and irrelevant commentators. More globally, even the 7:14 Nürburgring time had to be broken here by the relative of an LFA owner who heard it from Lexus people at the event, then reposted to twitter before it went viral. If Lexus is really trying to create some sham to sell LFAs, they're doing a really bad job of it.
i think it's pretty clear lexus usa has trouble selling the car here in the US. we have 7 for sale by lexus dealerships so far with more to come, that's pretty solid proof already. they couldn't estimate the conversion rate on customers. 6 (don't count the one coming next yr) available while 36 (?) delivered.

and like i mentioned i believe a lfa is up for sale in another region (middle east?) now

lexus drove up the hype back then just fine, except that they burned themselves bad when they said the car was sold out. yeah, i know, no official statement on that. but then any smart companies like lexus wouldn't do that anyway, right? media got their rumors from somewhere, and when more than a few sources pointed that out, it probably meant something.

in any case, i do like how lexus mellows out now and i think they did a good job on the new nur track record. just let the news out and let it brews itself. it grows in the right direction into the ears of those who care

Last edited by rominl; 09-10-11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-11-11, 05:15 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
I know and I don't disagree Gengar. However, the point is;

1) They increased allocation to the US when the "demand" is the US was clearly from the dealers.

2) They seem to not mind the car sitting doing nothing in the US when it could well be on the road driven in Japan or elsewhere. People in other parts of the world have a far higher transaction price for the LFA due to import duties/taxes etc but you don't see the LFA on dealer lots elsewhere.

How does this make any sense? Someone, somewhere is clearly failing at his job.
Old 09-27-11, 08:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

That is a lot of LFAs up for sale (combined with the LFAs being parked in dealerships like nine pins, which I am sure will end up on cars.com). I am just very perplexed at how horribly it went wrong for the LFA in America.

Last edited by rominl; 01-31-12 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-27-11, 09:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so any of the 7 being sold yet? if not, that's 10 lfa for sale in the open market now. wow...

white makes sense, it's probably one of the easiest color to sell, if happens
Old 09-28-11, 04:05 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

New Arrivals to the Cars.com list...

Lots of WHITES I see.....
White is the official racing color of Japan. Most NSX-R is white, also most Skyline GTR and EVO are white in Japan.

Like British racing green, red for Ferrari, orange for Mclaren, blue for Bugatti......etc.

Last edited by BNR34; 09-28-11 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: LFAs for sale online