LFA Model (2012)

Are LF-A's always gonna remain NA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 12:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

FT-S - baby LFA...but without the price and the sound.
Old 05-12-11, 05:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
FT-S - baby LFA...but without the price and the sound.
Engine swap?
Old 05-12-11, 06:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Who in their right mind would do anything to alter the jaw dropping sound that the LFA already produces?
Old 05-13-11, 01:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Engine swap?
Money talks! LOL

Originally Posted by G Star
Who in their right mind would do anything to alter the jaw dropping sound that the LFA already produces?
Yeah agreed. I know there are people out there anxious to get their hands on an LFA so they can try to make an exhaust system or intake system for the car. In my opinion, you're messing with 10 years of engineering and master craftsmanship. The LFA exhaust system is all titanium. Trying to remaster a precision tuned titanium exhaust from the factory is going to be hard to match...let alone be cost effective.
Old 05-13-11, 07:29 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,425 Likes on 1,746 Posts

LFA's stock exhaust is still restrictive considering LFA clears the very stringent Euro 5 emissions standards.

I am sure LFA is very similar to Carrera GT that no one believed could sound better with the free- flowing exhaust system, but it did. The 40 wheel HP gain was not too shabby either.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Money talks! LOL

Yeah agreed. I know there are people out there anxious to get their hands on an LFA so they can try to make an exhaust system or intake system for the car. In my opinion, you're messing with 10 years of engineering and master craftsmanship. The LFA exhaust system is all titanium. Trying to remaster a precision tuned titanium exhaust from the factory is going to be hard to match...let alone be cost effective.
Old 05-13-11, 07:42 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think anyone would be modifying a 375,000 dollar Lexus. just sayin. and if it did happen. i don't think anyone here has that kinda of moola. lol

specially since everything would have to be expertly custom made for that awesome V10 in that puppy.
Old 05-13-11, 09:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
LFA's stock exhaust is still restrictive considering LFA clears the very stringent Euro 5 emissions standards.

I am sure LFA is very similar to Carrera GT that no one believed could sound better with the free- flowing exhaust system, but it did. The 40 wheel HP gain was not too shabby either.
The LFA is street legal and it is also capabable to meet California Emissions standards which is very tough compared to federal emissions requirements. Doesn't matter if the exhaust is restrictive or not...you know well that the Toyota engineers developed it for optimum output. Put an aftermarket exhaust on the car and you throw the street legal credibility out the door. I personally believe that Toyota and Yamaha put more emphasis into the sound of the exhaust and creating a balance of horsepower with the LFA more so than the Carerra GT. It took them 10 years to perfect it. Otherwise the car could have more horsepower but not sound the way it does at all ranges in the RPM band. If you ever drive the car or get to just hear it in person under full load...you would understand. Merely watching the LFA on youtube videos don't do it justice.
Old 05-13-11, 02:18 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Ring (RACE) cars might differ in the intake and engine 'noise' being pumped through the cabin, I'm not certain though, but the Nurb edition does have a tweaked exhaust. I wonder if there is 10hp gained or is it underrated.
Old 05-13-11, 03:39 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Do you think anyone is gonna try to put a supercharger or turbo on any of these?
I sure hope not!
Old 05-13-11, 03:53 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,059 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Sound could be kept the same or increased..

But adding a properly designed Intake and/or Exhaust can easily add 25-50 Rwhp on this supercar.

Some comments in this thread are truly funny though..

Joe Z
Old 05-13-11, 03:59 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

If I had a LF-A and the money to boost it I would. I would have Justin Nenni build a custom harness and tune it using a stand alone ECU on pump and E-85. Twin 6262 billets to start with if there's room and go bigger. But I don't have an LF-A or the money.....(off to buy lotto ticket)
Old 05-13-11, 05:14 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z

But adding a properly designed Intake and/or Exhaust can easily add 25-50 Rwhp on this supercar.

Joe Z
No amount of winky emoticons will convince me until you've proven it, good luck on R&D though.
Old 05-13-11, 05:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

I personally think LFA should remain NA but I have nothing against forced induction.
Old 05-13-11, 10:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,425 Likes on 1,746 Posts

I am so looking forward to the Joe Z LFA free flowing exhaust and/or Joe Z LFA intake putting out to the tune of another 40 wheel HP.

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Joe Z
Old 05-14-11, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

lexus put a lot of time on the exhaust design, but i doubt all 10 years. 10 year design time was on the whole car. and personally i believe things can always be improved, always. i have no doubt that with careful design, another exhaust system can give the car more power. sound might change, but then at that point it's all subjective

it's nothing different from talking about any other stock vehicles out there (by lexus or any other manufacturer). take isf as example. yeah it's fast. but with exhaust and intake, does it get faster? hell yeah. does it sound louder? of course. so what's the point of "optimal"? it's all subjective

with that said, i have a strong feeling most lfa owners wouldn't touch (mod) their cars at all. i would find myself hard to do it either (and i mod all my cars).

Quick Reply: Are LF-A's always gonna remain NA?