ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LFA Model (2012) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa-model-2012-232/)
-   -   Are LF-A's always gonna remain NA? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa-model-2012/569876-are-lf-as-always-gonna-remain-na.html)

ashtray 05-10-11 01:48 AM

Are LF-A's always gonna remain NA?

Do you think anyone is gonna try to put a supercharger or turbo on any of these?

If it does stay NA, is it impossible to gain anymore horsepower out of these cars considering how technically sensitive they are or I assume them to be?

Thanks for any input, I thought this an interesting topic to share.

Best, Ashtray

Djdot2k 05-10-11 07:26 AM

all production cars to date are de-tuned from the factory. it may take years, it may take weeks, someday some1 will open em up.

i want to know if they will ever come manual.

05RollaXRS 05-10-11 07:31 AM

God willing and thankfully LFA will always remain naturally aspirated during its product lifecycle.

MR_F1 05-10-11 07:39 AM

I wanna see what these motors can do with DI. 620+hp perhaps?

Drool at the thought of it being boosted, as long as it doesn't muffle the sound too much. Beastly it would be.

05RollaXRS 05-10-11 07:44 AM

That is the trade off. It will sound like a vaccum cleaner just like the Audi RS6 Lambo V10 TT does.

Throttle response, efficiency, ability to do several laps without going into limp mode and pure F1 sound are the advantages of naturally aspirated over turbo.

N/A is all about the purist experience of the most intimate level of connection with the car while turbo is mainly about extracting power from the engine that it is impossible without it.

Originally Posted by MR_F1 (Post 6377098)
I wanna see what these motors can do with DI. 620+hp perhaps?

Drool at the thought of it being boosted, as long as it doesn't muffle the sound too much. Beastly it would be.

07grIS350 05-10-11 09:04 AM

I think Mr silver LFA in Atlanta might turbo charged his car as mentioned by his tuner.

jpvarghese 05-10-11 09:09 AM

There's nothing on earth the compares to a well engineered N/A motor.

MR_F1 05-10-11 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS (Post 6377107)
Throttle response, efficiency, ability to do several laps without going into limp mode and pure F1 sound are the advantages of naturally aspirated over turbo.

N/A is all about the purist experience of the most intimate level of connection with the car while turbo is mainly about extracting power from the engine that it is impossible without it.

Somewhat.

p.s. The Gallardo doesn't sound too bad compared to stock when turbo'd ;)

TF109B 05-10-11 11:24 AM

You don't need to turbocharge it, a more free flowing exhaust will add good power. Making it lighter and using better tires is the better route IMO.

MR_F1 05-10-11 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by TF109B (Post 6377703)
You don't need to turbocharge it, a more free flowing exhaust will add good power. Making it lighter and using better tires is the better route IMO.

moderator edit, post removed - please keep the discussion mature and polite. You can edit this post and replace it with something productive if you like.

LexFather 05-10-11 06:50 PM

Got money :D The hardest part is cracking the Lexus ECU's which has proven to be pretty impossible for later model cars. We have seen twin turbo modified Lambos, Ferraris etc....

It will also take someone who wants to modify a very rare vehicle that might lose value modified.

rominl 05-10-11 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX (Post 6378829)
Got money :D The hardest part is cracking the Lexus ECU's which has proven to be pretty impossible for later model cars. We have seen twin turbo modified Lambos, Ferraris etc....

finally someone says something right

flipside909 05-11-11 12:22 AM

Yup...if I owned an LFA, I would leave it in its purest form. Everything stays stock. I think it would be of disrespect to the engine builder and everyone involved in building that specific LFA to modify something that took 10 years of development.

Like Mike mentioned above...anyone who knows Toyota history and tuning knows its impossible to break the ecu coding of any Toyota or Lexus. People have claimed...tried...and still no one has been able to do it to date.

So to answer the OP question...yes it will remain NA for the rest of its production cycle.

ashtray 05-11-11 05:09 PM

Cool. I'd leave mine stock, maybe get it an intake if a better one was ever produced or something.

Lexxy813 05-11-11 05:26 PM

Wished the car was a little cheaper th0 so that maybe one day I could afford it. :(