Notices
Lexus Customer Service (archive) The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus has been inactivated at this time, but past posts will be left as a visible archive forum for a period of time.

factory painted rear bumper cover 2014 Lexus IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 12:43 PM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory painted rear bumper cover 2014 Lexus IS 350

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to order a factory painted nebula gray pearl rear bumper cover for a 2014 Lexus IS 350 F sport? My rear bumper cover was replaced and painted but the paint job does not meet my expectations.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-15, 01:37 PM
LexCareSP
Lexus Customer Service

thegrey, we apologize as we do not offer bumper covers pre-painted from the factory. We apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause.
Old 03-16-15, 05:20 PM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Would it be possible to purchase nebula gray pearl OEM paint from Lexus? Alternatively, would it be possible to look up the specific paint mix details at the time of manufacture (that could be used by a body shop for an effective repaint) using my car's VIN number?

My car is less than one year old with only 3000 km, and I find it difficult to accept that I cannot get it restored to its original state.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by thegrey; 03-16-15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 07:32 PM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Originally Posted by thegrey
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Would it be possible to purchase nebula gray pearl OEM paint from Lexus? Alternatively, would it be possible to look up the specific paint mix details at the time of manufacture (that could be used by a body shop for an effective repaint) using my car's VIN number?

My car is less than one year old with only 3000 km, and I find it difficult to accept that I cannot get it restored to its original state.

Thank you in advance.
My car was hit at **265mi**. I just kept driving the body shop insane until they did a good job. Keep bringing it back and demanding redo's and/or new bumpers. They'll get the message soon enough.
Old 03-17-15, 08:05 AM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WolfSnap
My car was hit at **265mi**. I just kept driving the body shop insane until they did a good job. Keep bringing it back and demanding redo's and/or new bumpers. They'll get the message soon enough.
I am doing that, but so far no results. They keep telling me that with the available paint (the shop uses Sikkens paint) they cannot do a perfect match.
I also had paint cards sprayed using paint from 2 other paint providers, and all came out as notably darker than my car's factory paint.

Last edited by thegrey; 03-18-15 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-17-15, 09:23 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Ask your Lexus dealer where they repair their cars and take it there.
Old 03-17-15, 09:36 AM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

We can refer you to a website that we reference when paint is involved. However, we cannot provide the mixture details as this occurs in Japan and we would not have access to the information.

Please see the paint information at: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/lexus/
Old 03-18-15, 04:30 PM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexCareSC
We can refer you to a website that we reference when paint is involved. However, we cannot provide the mixture details as this occurs in Japan and we would not have access to the information.

Please see the paint information at: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/lexus/
Thank you for the information. I am aware of this site - I had bought touch up paint from them before.

If I understand your message correctly, you are saying that their paint is a perfect match to the factory paint? As a common practice, does Lexus refer its customers in need of paint for repairs to purchase from this company?

Is this based on customer feed-back received by Lexus and/or accurate insider/industrial knowledge that the Lexus factory paint and the Automotivetouchup paint is identical/perfect match?

My apologies for asking perhaps too many questions... I just want to make sure that the next paint job on my Lexus is the last paint job needed for a satisfactory outcome.

Thank you in advance for any information you may provide in this regard.

Last edited by thegrey; 03-18-15 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-18-15, 04:33 PM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by azmojo
Ask your Lexus dealer where they repair their cars and take it there.
I did. The respective body shop does not guarantee a perfect match for the nebula gray pearl (it is a tricoat pearl). They examined the existing paint job and while they acknowledged that it is visibly different from the rest of the vehicle, they are not sure whether they could do a better job.
Old 03-19-15, 11:00 AM
LexCareSC
Lexus Customer Service

Default Paint

We refer to this site because they offer the paint codes to the colors of our vehicles in which a customer may need assistance with providing the number to a repair shop.

Because our vehicles are built in Japan the paint may never be a perfect match. Body shops here in the US may not have the same color combinations used internationally.

Have you thought about asking a custom paint shop to see if they can duplicate the paint color?
Old 03-20-15, 08:41 AM
thegrey
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexCareSC
We refer to this site because they offer the paint codes to the colors of our vehicles in which a customer may need assistance with providing the number to a repair shop.

Because our vehicles are built in Japan the paint may never be a perfect match. Body shops here in the US may not have the same color combinations used internationally.

Have you thought about asking a custom paint shop to see if they can duplicate the paint color?
Thank you for the clarification. I understand and can fully appreciate your arguments. I shall look into a custom approach, if available.

Best regards,
Istvan Imre