Sponsored by:

A word to the wise...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-17, 10:18 AM
Dishy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A word to the wise...

Hello fellow enthusiasts. Like every other gen III Lexus IS350 F Sport AWD sedan owner, I assumed that when Lexus says the car is sold with a “Security System”, that said security system would go off, you know like when someone tries to break into the vehicle. Last night someone first attempted to break into the vehicle with a slim jim as evidenced by the torn window gasket. When that failed, they just shoved a crow bar in between the door handle and lock cylinder and ripped the cylinder right out of the driver’s side door…and it failed to set off the “car alarm”! Then they opened the door, opened the trunk from inside the car, lifted up the rear deck, took the locking lug nut removal tool from its intended place near the spare, took off all four wheels and left the car on bricks. No alarm and right in the middle of a very crowded and fully occupied residential neighborhood. I was shocked and disappointed. When I asked the dealer about it they responded, "Hmmm not sure about that, let me take a look at your door.. Maybe they can rip the lock cylinder out of the door and not set off the alarm."

Thanks Lexus for the peace of mind.
Old 06-04-17, 11:12 PM
WilliamPra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting post!!
Old 07-09-17, 12:33 PM
AmanO
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That seems like a ****in' eternity, when doing something in secret.
Do they pull out a speed jack from their vehicle?

Sorry you had to go through that. I remember how I felt when my car was broken into and they were not even able to get anything, let alone at LEAST $4k worth of wheels.
Old 07-11-17, 07:19 AM
MotoCARR
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear! To OEMs, "security" only refers to theft of the vehicle as a whole. All security measures that take place are geared towards slowing or preventing people from driving away with the car.(Ignition immobilizers aka chips in the key, horn honk if doors are unlocked manually, etc.) Unfortunately that's why a lot of thieves gain access to the car via the trunk, lots of them do not have sensors in them!