Vaistech MML vs. SLB3 (Bluetooth) - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by: Beat-Sonic USA

Vaistech MML vs. SLB3 (Bluetooth)

Old 04-21-17, 10:18 AM   #1
Dmeadow
Driver School Candidate

Default Vaistech MML vs. SLB3 (Bluetooth)

Considering buying one of the other of these systems to patch over my problem with the factory Aux not working in my 2008 GX470. Vaistech tells me that the MML has better music quality, but that the SLB3 Bluetooth system has more convenient connectivity and those are the only differences. However, for the Bluetooth system it seems you have to organize everything in playlists, which doesn't seem to be the case with MML, correct?

The hardwire connectivity doesn't bother me if I'm gaining quality. I've got the Mark Levinson system and I'd like to take full advantage of it. Is the difference in sound quality distinguishable?

I will be using the system to connect to iPhone and iPad for both music and to listen to podcasts and audiobooks.
Dmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 01:40 PM   #2
gromaudio
Vendor

Generally speaking you do not have to set up the playlists for Bluetooth streaming, as A2DP (streaming) will stream whatever music is currently playing. If it is downloaded audiobooks you probably have to arrange them by chapter (if they have not been arranged yet). The dufference in sound over Bluetooth and USB connection is there, usually USB connection provides better sound quality specially of the files are coded with high definition (FLAC for example). However it is totally personal preference.
gromaudio is offline   Reply With Quote