Sponsored by:

Audio tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 05:22 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audio tuning

I have a pioneer avic-f900bt HU with stock speakers and replace the sub with a 10" kicker cvr with I believe it's either 200 or 400 watt amp, car is a 98 ls400 by the way. Have been messing with the audio tuning and just could not find the right tune, so just wanted to ask what is the best settings for it? Something that will sound nice and clear with bass but not to point where it sound like speakers blown. Something that sound like the factory but just up a bit more. Just hate the equalizer tuning on this HU, since cant do it individually lol
Old 02-14-13, 06:50 AM
twistedman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SynicalVip
I have a pioneer avic-f900bt HU with stock speakers and replace the sub with a 10" kicker cvr with I believe it's either 200 or 400 watt amp, car is a 98 ls400 by the way. Have been messing with the audio tuning and just could not find the right tune, so just wanted to ask what is the best settings for it? Something that will sound nice and clear with bass but not to point where it sound like speakers blown. Something that sound like the factory but just up a bit more. Just hate the equalizer tuning on this HU, since cant do it individually lol
The only way I could help you is if I were sitting inside your car and listening as I tune. Have u tried all the presets? Have you tried the Auto Eq feature? Auto Eq can make a huge difference in the sound of your front Stage(highs) and then all you would have to do is tweek your sub afterwards!!
Old 02-14-13, 06:57 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twistedman
The only way I could help you is if I were sitting inside your car and listening as I tune. Have u tried all the presets? Have you tried the Auto Eq feature? Auto Eq can make a huge difference in the sound of your front Stage(highs) and then all you would have to do is tweek your sub afterwards!!

I don't even see where you can do the auto eq on the hu
Old 02-14-13, 08:26 AM
twistedman
Rookie

I just checked and unfortunately your HU doesn't have auto eq feature, but it does have a High-Pass Crossover (HPF) 50Hz/63Hz/80Hz/100Hz,125Hz, -12dB/oct and a subwoofer cross over! Cut or boost the frequency in small steps until it sounds good to your ear, Add treble or bass for each frequency. If there's no improvement working with one, move on to another. If this is to complex for you just stick to adjusting your 3 band Parametric Eq, Know that boosting the treble on the equalizer can enhance the clarity of the sound, while boosting bass produces a richer, fuller sound.
Old 02-14-13, 02:16 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Parametric EQ adds the additional complication of Q or the width of the audio band being adjusted.

I've used a parametric EQ on my home theater sub but I had to measure the response, graph it using Microsoft Excel and then some simulation software to determine what changes I needed to make.

Room EQ Wizard is free software that will give you a real-time graph of the system but it will require that you buy a calibrated mic. Those run about $100.
Old 02-14-13, 02:18 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

like others said, there is no preset.

my suggestion would to be take it to a car shop or a buddy who works with audio. if they are nice they should be able to adjust it (to the best of their hearing ability and experience) for free