Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Options for Aux/Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-11, 06:18 PM
z0lt3c
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd highly suggest installing the $16 ground loop isolator. The grounding of this unit leaves alot to be desired and the unshielded case does not help. I would be very interested, and surprised, if your new unit improves the issue. if it does, it basically points to poor workmanship since the device is all IC/digital controlled. Install the isolator now before you put your car back together. If you are using an external aux, they also make an inline model that doesn't even need to be hardwired.

Also, are you using the Y cable they provided and did you connect anything to the Y or leave it vacant? I found a big difference when leaving the Y cable vacant.
Old 11-01-11, 06:53 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by z0lt3c
I'd highly suggest installing the $16 ground loop isolator. The grounding of this unit leaves alot to be desired and the unshielded case does not help. I would be very interested, and surprised, if your new unit improves the issue. if it does, it basically points to poor workmanship since the device is all IC/digital controlled. Install the isolator now before you put your car back together. If you are using an external aux, they also make an inline model that doesn't even need to be hardwired.

Also, are you using the Y cable they provided and did you connect anything to the Y or leave it vacant? I found a big difference when leaving the Y cable vacant.
I was thinking about the ground loop isolator. They never mentioned it to me though. I just answered their questions, and they recommended me swapping the box. I can pick one up at my local radioshack, or ebay, if the new box doesn't make a difference.

I do think that the box was poorly crafted, as it basically opened up a few times when I handled it in my car. The box and bt dongle were already scuffed up when I received it as well, so maybe I received a returned item.

I've left the other end of the Y cable vacant, as I don't have navi, or sat radio in my car.

It says the noise filter is great for eliminating ground loop noise between an auxiliary source and radio, but would this take care of the high pitched/static sounds from my bluetooth as well?

Last edited by CPMD; 11-01-11 at 06:57 PM.