Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

SC400 Car Stereo Installation Kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-02, 05:32 PM
is300lexusgirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 Car Stereo Installation Kit ??

IS THERE A Car Stereo Installation Kit FOR A 92-97 ??
IF SO WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS AT?? I NEED IT FOR MY DADS GIRLFRIENDS RADIO.. SHE IS BUYING A AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT.. THANKS GUYS!
Old 02-27-02, 05:39 PM
rhart00
Pole Position

Nope... and a lot of car stereo places will try to tell you that Toyota wiring harnesses will work but they won't. You have to figure it out manually. It isn't really that hard.
Old 02-28-02, 07:28 AM
xBlkGs430x
Lead Lap

i was looking into the same thing last week, i couldn't find anything, but i found a guy that is going to make the kit for me, he will be finished with it by monday, if you are intrested i could send you a picture of it and if you like i'll have him make you one, e-mail me at azmh_ott@yahoo.com and let me know if you want
Old 02-28-02, 08:29 AM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Unhappy Japanese again!!

There are stereo kits available for the Toyota Soarer, with the 2din face plate and the cabling to plug into aftermarket units.

The usual problems, finding anyone in Japan who will ship them worldwide and then checking that the harness matches up to USDM SC's......

Why is life so difficult
Attached Thumbnails SC400 Car Stereo Installation Kit ??-2dina.jpg  
Old 04-26-08, 10:02 AM
termin8or
Driver School Candidate

Old post, same problem. Where can I get a kit that will work? I can get the wiring done but I really would like to know that I have the correct mounting before I pull it all apart.
Old 04-26-08, 10:09 AM
SC40095
Driver

Circuit City told me they have the wiring harness and a dash kit because I don't have a radio at all. Just have to wait to get it done since the previous owner cut some wires to bypass the factory amp. Pretty much a hack job but I was told that the car used to belong to a car stereo installer. He must do ****ty work.
Old 04-26-08, 11:26 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

that is not a hack job, the factory amp sucks.
and if they made proper harnesses, you wouldnt have to cut them.
the reality is, is its much faster and the same if you have the ability to
match like colors.
Old 04-26-08, 03:18 PM
Ac93sc
Driver

Originally Posted by 'S'Low Rider
There are stereo kits available for the Toyota Soarer, with the 2din face plate and the cabling to plug into aftermarket units.

The usual problems, finding anyone in Japan who will ship them worldwide and then checking that the harness matches up to USDM SC's......

Why is life so difficult
Does anyone know where can i get this???????????????
thank you!!!

Last edited by Ac93sc; 04-26-08 at 03:20 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 04-26-08, 03:27 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC40095
Circuit City told me they have the wiring harness and a dash kit because I don't have a radio at all. Just have to wait to get it done since the previous owner cut some wires to bypass the factory amp. Pretty much a hack job but I was told that the car used to belong to a car stereo installer. He must do ****ty work.
Circuit does not carry a plug and play harness or a mounting kit. they should be able to come up with something that will work. i work at a circuit city so i know. you will need the factory iso mounts that are screwed to the side of the factory radio. it will make the install easier if you can find some. Custom is the only way a kit can be made for it. factory is 2.5 din.
Old 04-26-08, 10:16 PM
blackops
Rookie

It's wiring 101 for anyone with radio knowledge to get an aftermarket radio working on the factory sound system.
Old 04-28-08, 12:04 AM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackops
It's wiring 101 for anyone with radio knowledge to get an aftermarket radio working on the factory sound system.
as long as you know where the factory amp is and what wires are what.
Old 04-28-08, 08:15 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

amp is in the trunk on the passenger side under the carpet of the trunk
Old 04-27-09, 05:07 PM
o_mtz16
Rookie

Now its my turn to have the same problem how do u guys did it?
Old 04-28-09, 02:27 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this kit online but Im not sure if it'll work...

http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=70-8112
Old 04-30-09, 08:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I just replaced my Nakamichi head unit with another one.. Simply said, you will have to make brackets for the radio to work on the stock mounting plate inside the car. The plate is what secures the front trim around the radio, ashtray, and cup holder.
I rewired all of the wires behind this. I cut the factory plugs and tested each one to find the 12 volt constant, remote and ground. I then ran all new speaker wire, along with 2 sets of RCA's to the rear, along the right side, through the rear seat hole.. This hole is behind the rear upper portion of the seat. It will have to be completely removed. Once I ran the wiring to the rear, I left 3 feet slack in the wire for plenty of play.
You can buy this wire at any radio place, this is one solid piece of plastic, that holds 8 wires on the inside, it keeps it all together, so basically you are running 8 wires at one time. Dont forget to run your RCA's along with it, if you are using amp/s.
Got to Lextreme, to get the audio link for the whole wiring. If you are replacing all the speakers, the front are 4 inch, the rear is 5 1/4, and the sub is a 10.. Make sure to measure the depth of the new sub, due to the gas tank being real close. Heres the link. If you choose to use a aftermarket amp, then trash the amp, or sell it.
http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html

Make sure you ground everything properly and take your time.. If you need some help, PM me! I can send some pix or give further instructions on this.

Quick Reply: SC400 Car Stereo Installation Kit ??