Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

OEM Integration for Sirius And iPod possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 10:27 AM
stevil
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Integration for Sirius And iPod possible?

I'm a proud owner of a new 07 black-on-black GS 450h with Nav & Mark Levinson. I've been researching various options for satellite and iPod integration, but there doesn't seem to be a solution that offers both fully accessible via the Nav unit.

Is it possible to use a combination of the various Sirius and iPod integrations to allow for BOTH Sirius and iPod control via the Lexus interface? Any recommendations?

For example, could I use the Scosche AXIPTA or and Vais Tech SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) for iPod and a Vias Tech SoundLinQ (SLS) or lexus-parts.com Sirius Fit-Kit for Sirius?

Otherwise I think I will just need to make a trade on what I want to have fully integrated into the Nav vs. partially integrated via an Aux in...

I already have a Sirius Sportster that needs a new antenna... I could pick one of the iPod interfaces with AUX in and just run the Sirius into that and then control it via the Sportster interface that I could get mounted into my center console.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good installers that deal in Viastech and Scosche in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro area? Best buy said that if I bought all the stuff I wanted they'd install it (about $75/hr, probably 1-1.5 hrs).
Old 12-19-08, 09:59 PM
jgardn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2005 ES330 with Nav, 6 CD changer, and Mark Levinson, and I'm essentially looking for the same thing - sirius & ipod integration. The VAIS SoundLinQ SLS looks to be the best option, but I'm not 100% sure it will work. Has anyone done this install on a similar system & are they satisfied????
Old 12-22-08, 11:51 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

im trying to figure out how to integrate a siruis tuner and my vasitech ipod adapter together.
Old 12-23-08, 07:05 PM
jgardn
Driver School Candidate

As far as I can tell from their website (http://www.vaistech.com), you can only use one vaistech adapter with the head unit. Which vais adapter do you have, AM1?
Old 12-24-08, 01:30 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i have the SLI. i dont think i can use both. hmmmm
Old 01-02-09, 08:34 AM
jgardn
Driver School Candidate

Default Success: Vaistech SoundlinQ SLS in my 2005 ESS330 with Nav

Hey all,

I took a chance and installed the SLS adapter with the Sirius SIR-PAN1 tuner. Now I can listen to and control my sirius radio through my Nav system, and I also have an aux input for my ipod. I just posted my install experience here.
Old 01-03-12, 09:56 AM
zibby07
Driver School Candidate

Default Installer?

Did you find an installer ? Any recommendations?

Originally Posted by stevil
I'm a proud owner of a new 07 black-on-black GS 450h with Nav & Mark Levinson. I've been researching various options for satellite and iPod integration, but there doesn't seem to be a solution that offers both fully accessible via the Nav unit.

Is it possible to use a combination of the various Sirius and iPod integrations to allow for BOTH Sirius and iPod control via the Lexus interface? Any recommendations?

For example, could I use the Scosche AXIPTA or and Vais Tech SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) for iPod and a Vias Tech SoundLinQ (SLS) or lexus-parts.com Sirius Fit-Kit for Sirius?

Otherwise I think I will just need to make a trade on what I want to have fully integrated into the Nav vs. partially integrated via an Aux in...

I already have a Sirius Sportster that needs a new antenna... I could pick one of the iPod interfaces with AUX in and just run the Sirius into that and then control it via the Sportster interface that I could get mounted into my center console.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good installers that deal in Viastech and Scosche in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro area? Best buy said that if I bought all the stuff I wanted they'd install it (about $75/hr, probably 1-1.5 hrs).
Old 01-03-12, 10:25 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Default just some extra info

I'd look into Isimple items. for your setup you want. Full ipod/iphone interface and full Satellite Radio Control with NAV displays/charging/and use of all OEM controls.

ISimple ISTY571- $189.95
ISimple ISSR11 - $59.95
Sirius SCC1 - around $69.99

BBY - Install around $130 flat rate. Some bays may charge hourly but since BBY sells the SCC1 for $60 and ISimple is a brand BBY carries you have a case to avoid the hourly if the installer is slow and decides to charge you a ton.

goodluck