ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/)
-   -   How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/269156-how-to-build-and-hardwire-an-auxillary-input-to-oem-stereo.html)

1uzfelbc 01-17-08 01:14 AM

dude this is awesome stuff, i've got an SC4 and wanted to do it also. i think i was reading and it mentioned that i would intercept between the radio and the cd player?? is the plug orange and would the one plugged in the HU be the one I need to splice??

thanks

dashan 01-17-08 11:32 AM

Antena control

Can the OEM Pioneer radio Head Unit stay in the "radio FM or AM" status so that the antena stays up while the auxillary input is being used to receive sound signal?

I am going to install an HD radio turner in my car. The HD radio turner will connect to the OEM antena, but the antena up-down status will still be controlled by the OEM HU. The sound of the HD radio will be transmitted to the car audio system through the Hardwire Auxilary Imput as described in the thread.

Also, where can I get the "constant" and "ignition" power sources for the HD radio turner?

I know little about the car audio electronics and some of the Qs may sound naive.

Thanks

rgarjr 01-17-08 06:14 PM

U should be listening to your AUX IN on CD mode only. If you change it it FM/TAPE then you're going to have 2 audio signals feeding the amp, which isn't good. I would find another way to lift that antenna up, switch/relay or something.

RTIS250 01-17-08 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by rgarjr (Post 3194755)
Just so you guys know that universal cable from pcmall.com won't work with the Iphone or Ipod touch, and possibly the new nanos and classics. I hooked it up to my home receiver to test it out and no audio is going out from the rca's. Looks like the only cable that would work for the Iphone is the one from Apple with the video out and audio out which is like 50 bucks. It seems Apple has a new authentication chip installed on their cables for it to work only with their cables.

I have a 160gb classic, and recently installed the 1.1 firmware update (the one that everyone says will make your aftermarket cables stop working). I installed the new firmware, and took it out to the car, and it works perfectly. I cant comment about the video output, because i dont have that set up in my car. But my classic works with the aftermarket cables.

PureDrifter 01-17-08 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by dashan (Post 3202215)
Can the OEM Pioneer radio Head Unit stay in the "radio FM or AM" status so that the antena stays up while the auxillary input is being used to receive sound signal?

I am going to install an HD radio turner in my car. The HD radio turner will connect to the OEM antena, but the antena up-down status will still be controlled by the OEM HU. The sound of the HD radio will be transmitted to the car audio system through the Hardwire Auxilary Imput as described in the thread.

Also, where can I get the "constant" and "ignition" power sources for the HD radio turner?

I know little about the car audio electronics and some of the Qs may sound naive.

Thanks

just wire a relay for the oem antenna with the on switch for the relay array so that when u power up the array it automatically raises the antenna....

greenvy2k 01-18-08 06:24 AM

i can't wait to do this mod. thanks

Caseyls400 01-19-08 09:24 AM

Problems!

Hi Everyone. I have a 96 LS400 and i found out that they dont make a aftermarket wiring harness for a pioneer head unit!:thumbdn:I'm going to have to hard wire it, but i dont have a wire color chart and the local audio stores want $150 just to hard wire my stereo. I wanna do it myself i just need the color codes or some info on how to put it in. I'd really appreciate it, everyone seems very knowledgable in this forum:)
Pioneer deh-4900ib
JL 10"W6
JL 500/1 amp

PureDrifter 01-26-08 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Caseyls400 (Post 3207232)
Hi Everyone. I have a 96 LS400 and i found out that they dont make a aftermarket wiring harness for a pioneer head unit!:thumbdn:I'm going to have to hard wire it, but i dont have a wire color chart and the local audio stores want $150 just to hard wire my stereo. I wanna do it myself i just need the color codes or some info on how to put it in. I'd really appreciate it, everyone seems very knowledgable in this forum:)
Pioneer deh-4900ib
JL 10"W6
JL 500/1 amp

the12volt should have it.

dentpusher 01-26-08 05:30 PM

On the 2gs panavise makes a nice hidden bracket. They also have them for every other model as well. Then you can get a bracket from proclip usa for any divice you are using.

Links for bracket and mounting kit.
http://www.panavise.com/nf/comm/indash/index.html
http://www.proclipusa.com/choosecoun...secountry.aspx

Here is a pic of my GS with the zune bracket wired into the factory system with the swivel holder.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/CRW_0026.jpg

tam4G63 01-27-08 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I just finish soldering and wiring the relays, Thanx to LEXESIVE for some information. BUT, I do not know where to wire the TRIGGER and still need to purchase an Ipod adapter cable. And last is to try and splice into the cd changer wiring harness ................ PLEASE which wire to splice into the cd changer and where and how to wire the trigger help.......

tam4G63 01-27-08 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by RTGS400 (Post 2965286)
I got the PAC adapter... it was 25 bucks :)

Can u address me to the website or place to purchase this. Please send a link, trying to complete this mod. THANK YOU

lexesive 01-27-08 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by tam4G63 (Post 3227634)
Can u address me to the website or place to purchase this. Please send a link, trying to complete this mod. THANK YOU

Go to this site for your lead http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=4 Scroll down and look for "IPOD-RCA CABLE ADAPTER"

Check post #187 for switch wiring, look at spst switch, all it does is turn relays on and off

Wiring diagram is at Bedford Library but login doesn't work, will try to get it for you, anybody know why the login fails?????????? "user" "password"

tam4G63 01-27-08 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by lexesive (Post 3227641)
Go to this site for your lead http://www.davidnavone.com/cart.asp?24&cat=4 Scroll down and look for "IPOD-RCA CABLE ADAPTER"

Check post #187 for switch wiring, look at spst switch, all it does is turn relays on and off

Wiring diagram is at Bedford Library but login doesn't work, will try to get it for you, anybody know why the login fails?????????? "user" "password"

So since I solder and bridge the relays, for the switch I just use the speaker wire and solder it to L+ 86 and to R- 86, and the power wire to L+ 87 and R- 87.
Each at the end of the RELAYS and NOT each individual terminal ??? Because from the diagram it looks like each 86 terminal are connected, but in the first step I connected it by soldering a power wire to each of them as describe.

Just ordered the RCA Adapter you recommended Lexesive. Thanx again !!!

lexesive 01-27-08 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by tam4G63 (Post 3228254)
So since I solder and bridge the relays, for the switch I just use the speaker wire and solder it to L+ 86 and to R- 86, and the power wire to L+ 87 and R- 87.
Each at the end of the RELAYS and NOT each individual terminal ??? Because from the diagram it looks like each 86 terminal are connected, but in the first step I connected it by soldering a power wire to each of them as describe.

Just ordered the RCA Adapter you recommended Lexesive. Thanx again !!!

Please study the diagram at post #187 very carefully, your 12v positive wire connects to all "85" terminals and your ground wire with the switch connects to all "86" terminals which is then attached to the body of the car i.e. grounded

lexesive 01-27-08 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is the wiring diagram for a gen2 with Pioneer Sound not ML or Nak

Please note the hand written numbers on the right are the number of pins for the four plugs at the Amp and the "X's" are where to cut and join, also note "ACC" on 12 pin plug, this is the 12v supply you will need for the relays, please check with a tester of some sort to verify this and then the ground wire to one of the bolts holding the CD changer in place.

Once again, please be sure to study diagrams and verify all colours are the same for your Amp, CD etc. as I give no guarantees this will work in your or anyone elses particular case