ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/)
-   -   How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/269156-how-to-build-and-hardwire-an-auxillary-input-to-oem-stereo.html)

PureDrifter 11-15-07 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by RTGS400 (Post 3057379)
I do have a spare set of 4 relays that are already soldered together if anyone wants to save some time :) Shoot me a PM.

to help the sale il add that i made that set :)

isdjmark 11-17-07 11:03 AM

how come i dont see the trigger part? Help Please

GSLEXXX 11-18-07 09:36 PM

hi puredrifter. Would the pin diagram be the same for the 03 gs300 Mark L. as the 01 gs300 Mark L. that was described earlier in the thread? thank you.

isdjmark 11-20-07 08:18 PM

K got this to work on a 02 Gs430 with ML/Nav but have some issues:

1.I have a Zune, same thing right?, and hhok it up via headphones to the rca jack but the signal goes goes in even on radio mode.

2. The CD Changer is bleeding into the Aux.

3. I think i have a ground issue b/c when i hit the gas it makes a winding sound.

4. The signal is not that loud i mean its good but i want it louder and advice.

Also i didnt see the trigger part of the tutorial so maybe i did sumtin wrong with that. But i thought it jsut common sense that triger one goes to neg and the other goes to pos.

Any help would be nice. Thank you.

PureDrifter 11-21-07 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by isdjmark (Post 3070249)
K got this to work on a 02 Gs430 with ML/Nav but have some issues:

1.I have a Zune, same thing right?, and hhok it up via headphones to the rca jack but the signal goes goes in even on radio mode.

2. The CD Changer is bleeding into the Aux.

3. I think i have a ground issue b/c when i hit the gas it makes a winding sound.

4. The signal is not that loud i mean its good but i want it louder and advice.

Also i didnt see the trigger part of the tutorial so maybe i did sumtin wrong with that. But i thought it jsut common sense that triger one goes to neg and the other goes to pos.

Any help would be nice. Thank you.

the only way this would happen is that you didnt intercept the correct wires.

post up which wires/colors/pins u cut (and where ur cutting) and il tell you what the problem is.

the grounding issue and SQ issue is related to cutting into the wrong wires.

isdjmark 11-21-07 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by PureDrifter (Post 2539920)
01 GS3 w/o ML
only plug behind changer OR the only 8pin connector behind the amplifier, should be orange :)
R- =pin 6 white
L- =pin 7 Green
R+ =pin 1 Black
L+ =pin 2 Red

with ML is same colors/pins but the amp connector is the only 12pin instead of 8pin
nav/non nav doesnt matter.

I taped these wires on my factory amp located under my nav.

GSLEXXX 11-21-07 09:58 PM

Which cables would be the Sub output and would i be able to connect these to a high level input on another amp without frying the mark L amp? Does a separate amp power the stock sub? Or the other option I have is, which I would also need guidance in finding these, output of R+,R-,L+,L-. While doing this aux port might as well kill two birds with one stone and hook up a kicker cvr12 and a amp. Mark L sub picks up the higher tone bass very well, while the very low tones not so much. I think a 12" kicker and the mark L sub will work pretty nice together.

Thanks for the response isdjmark by the way. Found the amp ^_^

PureDrifter 11-22-07 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by isdjmark (Post 3071491)
I taped these wires on my factory amp located under my nav.

those seem to be the right wires but the amp on the 2GS as far as i know wasnt in the dash.....

GSLEXXX 11-22-07 12:28 AM

he means under the nav unit in the trunk not the nav monitor.

PureDrifter 11-22-07 02:08 AM

ahh, icic.

snap some pics of the wiring u cut, make sure u didnt loosen any of the pins in the harness.

this mod has already been confirmed on navi equipped 2GS so there is something in the wiring that hasnt been done right.

GSLEXXX 11-24-07 10:51 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-PAC...QQcmdZViewItem are these the correct relays?

PureDrifter 11-25-07 12:22 AM

yep, similar to waht i used.

isdjdmark: the issues you described to me are consistent with what happened to me when i miswired the setup the very first time i installed it. BE 100% sure that you are reading the pins correctly on the harness you are cutting, the same/similar colors may be present more than once.

GSLEXXX 11-25-07 12:37 AM

kk i'll order them today. how difficult is it to get to the back of a cd changer in the 2gs? figured I'll tap into the connection from there since I'm making the aux cable come out of the ashtray.

PureDrifter 11-25-07 04:14 AM

i honestly have no idea, i havent personally worked on a 2GS. i have had confirmation that this method works on the 2GS and on a NAV equipped 2LS.

RTIS250 11-25-07 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by GSLEXXX (Post 3077330)
kk i'll order them today. how difficult is it to get to the back of a cd changer in the 2gs? figured I'll tap into the connection from there since I'm making the aux cable come out of the ashtray.

The changer is super easy to remove. Take the glove box out, which is two 10mm bolts and a couple phillips screws. And then its a couple more 10mm bolts to remove the changer. Thats where i tapped into the wiring to install my ipod :) Works like a charm.