ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics-12/)
-   -   How To: Build and Hardwire an Auxillary Input to OEM Stereo (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-video-security-and-electronics/269156-how-to-build-and-hardwire-an-auxillary-input-to-oem-stereo.html)

PureDrifter 02-18-08 01:12 AM

looks good, i just drilled a hole in the side of my center console (inside the lower inner portion)

trackball 02-18-08 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by trackball (Post 3287047)
anyone know if there is a good switched 12v source in the SC400 trunk near the factory amp / cd changer?

to answer my own question (based on the diagram here), it looks like the following wires will work fine for a switched 12V source and a ground on the factory SC400 stereo :

Cable harness on the Factory Amplifier (larger 14-pin connector)
A10 (NCA ?? wire) [GND]
A14 (grey wire) [ACC / 12V switched]

labtec 02-18-08 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by trackball (Post 3287158)
to answer my own question (based on the diagram here), it looks like the following wires will work fine for a switched 12V source and a ground on the factory SC400 stereo :

Cable harness on the Factory Amplifier (larger 14-pin connector)
A10 (NCA ?? wire) [GND]
A14 (grey wire) [ACC / 12V switched]

thanks...i think i'm going to rewire mine. right now its to a 12v constant.

handXgunz 02-20-08 07:18 PM

I really want to do this mod, but I am afraid that due to my inexperience I feel that I will mess something up. Do you think that if I took this diagram to my local car audio/video shop they would be able to do this, or would they charge me an arm and a leg??

thanks.

rgarjr 02-20-08 08:23 PM

It really isn't that hard to do. Just need to find out which wires to cut and then solder them back on. It's actually fun doing this mod.

PureDrifter 02-20-08 11:21 PM

contact RTGS400, he MIGHT have a spare set of soldered relays.

handXgunz 02-21-08 06:50 PM

I thought this might help those confused about the SC. It helped me figure a few things out.

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf

labtec 02-22-08 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by handXgunz (Post 3298162)
I thought this might help those confused about the SC. It helped me figure a few things out.

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf

i think those diagrams are wrong...they don't match the wire numbers that puredrifter gave me, which worked just fine

jimmyjay 02-25-08 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyjay (Post 3285892)
My 2000 ES non-Nak system is the same way, I believe. I took off the glove box yesterday and discovered no direct connection between the amp and the headunit.

Based on what I can determine from reading the entire thread I would connect the device between the CD changer and the head unit. Puredrifter, would you be so kind as to confirm this? Thanks.

Finished connection between CD changer and head unit. The Ipod source sound mixes with the other input sources (AM, FM1, FM2 and tape) when they are selected. Does anyone know if this is to be expected with this setup or did I do something wrong?

PureDrifter 02-25-08 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyjay (Post 3307947)
Finished connection between CD changer and head unit. The Ipod source sound mixes with the other input sources (AM, FM1, FM2 and tape) when they are selected. Does anyone know if this is to be expected with this setup or did I do something wrong?

sounds like you tapped the wrong wires.

you needed to tap the black, red, white, and green wires on the back of the headunit, pins 1, 2, 6, and 7 on the R3 (12pin) connector. in order these are R+, L+, R-, and L-

jimmyjay 02-25-08 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by PureDrifter (Post 3308014)
sounds like you tapped the wrong wires.

you needed to tap the black, red, white, and green wires on the back of the headunit, pins 1, 2, 6, and 7 on the R3 (12pin) connector. in order these are R+, L+, R-, and L-

Wouldn't those be the same black, red, white and green wires going into the CD changer connector?

PureDrifter 02-25-08 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyjay (Post 3308329)
Wouldn't those be the same black, red, white and green wires going into the CD changer connector?

yes, pins 1,2,6, and 7 respectively (R+, L+, R-, and L-)

be careful since there are 2 red and 2 white wires on each harness, and only ONE of each is the sound, the others are the data transmit wires.

jimmyjay 03-01-08 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by PureDrifter (Post 3308749)
yes, pins 1,2,6, and 7 respectively (R+, L+, R-, and L-)

be careful since there are 2 red and 2 white wires on each harness, and only ONE of each is the sound, the others are the data transmit wires.

OK, I'm stumped. Checked and doubled-checked wiring from harness. Still have ipod source on top of other input sources (AM, FM1, FM2 and tape) when switch is on. Not a big deal to just turn the switch off to listen to other sources, I guess.

rgarjr 03-01-08 07:32 PM

The audio from the IPOD (AUX IN) can most likely overcome the signal from AM/FM, TAPE. I would just have it CD mode to hear the AUX.

PureDrifter 03-02-08 10:54 AM

hmm, thats unusual but i dont know how/why since ive never actually worked on an ES stereo.

but yea, just use CD so that you dont get any background noises...