Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Does everybody's Dyn Tweeters fit perfectly????

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-01, 12:13 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does everybody's Dyn Tweeters fit perfectly????

I just finished my temporary system
Alpine cva1006
Mcintosh MC444
Dyn system 240

I can't get my tweeters to fit in the stock location even when it's out of it's housing.....
The thing sticking out the back of the tweeter and the positive and negative posts are hitting the back and not allowing the tweeters to fit. I bent the post and attached my wires with a female spade however only one of the post on each tweeter can take it and the other i had to used solder because that middle thing will prevent me from bending the post with the spade connecters attached.

I really suck at soldering and I have to redo it tomorrow cuz it's probably going to detach sometime soon. I manage to have the tweeter barely fit in but now I can't fit the stock grill in because it'll touch the dome..

How is everybody doing their tweeter????? Are you guys soldering..cuz I see no other way to use female spade and have it fit perfectly not to mention the grill not touching the tweeter....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Thanks

BTW Percy...I'm getting my X-overs next week... ....I think one of my tweeter is out of phase...sounds kinda weird...i forgot to make a note of the positive post when I took out the casing......my imaging is pretty poor now that's why i think it might be out of phase...Couldn't I adjust the phase with the Mcintosh x-over?
Old 10-04-01, 02:35 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Mc's will adjust phase, but it's done in pairs, not as a single driver. As for the Dyn tweet, you have to take it out of the casing, seperate the bottom half with the terminals and then fit the driver in the pillar location. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS. All that should be left is the magnet and the outer dome with the tinsel leads. That's it. That's the only way to get them to fit in the stock locations. Once again, be very very careful!

Percy
Old 10-04-01, 02:55 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure i understand... You mean the terminals can separate from the tweeters? then how are you attaching the speaker cables to it? The terminals are the ones that are taking the most space at the back of the tweeters even when bent because of the female spade.

I've accidently bent the tinsel leads on my tweeters (they're pressed down) ...I was very careful but still it's extremely difficult to not screw them up...is this OK? or does it have to be arched like when I first got them....

Thanks
Old 10-04-01, 08:48 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You'd have to desolder the tinsel leads from the spade connections. Have the speaker wire braced or suppported somehow and then attach them to the tinsel leads. As for arching the tinsel leads, just make sure they don't have ANY stress on them whatsoever. Otherwise they'll tear from the coil and that would be bad!

Percy