Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Navigation: DVD Update

Old 07-19-03, 01:56 PM
dzar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Updates and Dealer Prognostication

For all of you hearing this or than from your dealer, keep in mind that for over two years, now, I have heard various pieces of misinformation from noth my dealer and from Lexus, corporate. Just to be clear, what they may be telling you is true, but I have never had my dealer be correct on what the updatres would contain or when they would be available. Until they are available, everything you hear is suspect.

Just a warning before you put a lot of stock in what they tell you.

I suggest contacting corporate Lexus and let them know if you are unhappy with the data, the frequency of updates and/or the cost of the updates. I have done this (and they don't care, but maybe there is help in numbers).

Wishing for an October release with lots of corrected data, more POI and a reasonable update fee ($250 is NOT reasonable).

Dave
Old 07-19-03, 05:09 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by btanchors
Hello everyone,

FYI, I just became a new Lexus owner yesterday (2003 GS 430). I have NOT been following this thread, but I did happen to ask about updates to the Nav system from the person who sold me the car. He told me that he expects an update this fall (I don't recall the exact date). But, he said, in about a year, they are coming out with a vastly updated set that will have an order of magnitude more points of interest (restaurants, tourist attractions, etc.) than the currently planned update. His comment was that I might want to wait for that update to come out instead of getting the one this fall. I wish I could be more specific, but this was more casual conversation I had with the dealer... perhaps someone else can confirm/deny this information...
Good luck on the updates. FYI, I spoke w/ my service tech last week who had just attended a Lexus training session. Lexus showed off their "next generation" navigation system which is supposed to be technologically amazing, and a quantum leap ahead in features. He said it may become available in the redesigned LS this fall, or beginning sometime next year.
Old 07-19-03, 07:09 PM
hmorse
10th Gear

Its true. The new navi system will have several "million" POI's. (Points of Interest) according to Lexus development.
Old 07-19-03, 08:00 PM
Drive4Fun
Driver

Re: Navigation systems-

What Lexus says and what Lexus delivers have been two very different things.