Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Custom installers in southern california?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-05, 03:59 PM
thwang99
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Custom installers in southern california?

Hi all,

I need some references to good custom installers in souther california. I've used this place before, pricey but they do great work:

Mobile Fantasy

Any others?

I am considering doing the following things (probably won't do all of them, these are just ideas!):

1. Side view cameras, plus two LCDs on the left/right door, and side turn lights, remove side mirrors.

2. Overhead touchscreen monitor, hooked up to laptop.

3. DVD player in glovebox

4. Everything hooked up to input of navigation screen via aftermarket thingie.

5. Front view camera in front bumper/grill?

6. Hidden camera inside car, this could also be used for video conferencing in the car.

7. Rear view camera/front/inside/and side mirror cameras all hooked up into PC for 24 hour video survailance (like CCTV).

8. Deep cycle battery so laptop can stay on 24/7 (unless car is parked for a long time).

9. Subwoofer and enclosure in trunk, which is removable if I want more trunk space.

10. Subwoofer amp that takes out low frequencies to other stock Mark Levinson speakers (I don't like how the doors vibrate currently).

11. Laptop would have to be mounted somewhere where it won't overheat when car is parked in the sun, I was thinking actually underneath the car?

12. Wireless bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

13. USB and firewire ports in the car that go to the laptop.

14. 24 hour wireless internet connection where I could log into a website and view the camera feed from my car. Also somehow alarmed so if the car gets stolen I get notified via cell/email, etc. And the images when motion is detected will be stored online via the 24 hour internet connection in case car's computer is compromised.

15. Don't know if this would be that beneficial, but some sort of tube pre-amp type buffer before the amplifiers to soften up the sound? I can't use a full blown tube amp because I have the Mark Levinson system which is too integrated.

I want the system where the laptop would have all the wires it would ever need, so I could upgerade the laptop by just putting in a more powerful one. For example, it would need 12V power, USB cables, and the 5 video cables from the cameras going to whereever the laptop is mounted. Maybe a firewire cable too.

Do-able? Any recommended shops for this? Possible to do this for under $5k? I have an old laptop I can use already. Thanks!

- Tony

Last edited by thwang99; 09-30-05 at 04:03 PM.