TX Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 09:47 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad-*** Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass

Price Update $1,000

Locals/pick-up only. I'd like to get 1200 to 1500 for all custom fiberglass, speakers, and all other items. I am somewhat negotiable. Will not part out unless I have zero interest in all.

I recently totaled my vehicle. Thankfully my extensive trunk audio/video was disassembled at the time and sitting in garage. I was able to salvage some working cabin audio parts as well.

This was built to fit specifically in a 2IS trunk but I suppose it'd fit in a bigger trunk as well.

Here's a list of what I have. I can email specific product information to those interested. Good stuff. I'll be as upfront about any wear or issues as I can be.

Trunk Fiberglass:
-2 custom, 12in. sub boxes (they look like a big "U" shape when together. A bracket inbetween the two is to mount a flat LCD (which I have). There is a cosmetic flaw (a rough edge) visible in the photo. When a TV is mounted it cannot be seen.

- amp rack. Used to hold 2 mono block sub amps. I kept one. The rack can now hold the other sub amp (more than sufficient for both subs) and 4 way amp.

-amp rack lay-over. This goes over theamp rack. The center (cut out area) has some plexiglass lining which illuminates blue when powered.

-A few misc. pieces that connect to the sides of the rack/surround and fit squarely to cover the entire trunk bed.

-2 custom door mounts, each containing two 6in drivers and one tweeter in each.. These replace the pop-out bins in doors. Speakers included

-2 custom rear cabin speaker mounts, speakers not included (6in driver and tweeter in each I am keeping these two, 2way's for new ride). These were mounted in the rear area behind the backseat head rests.

-2, fifty farad soundstream caps. One or both of these may not work. I have not tried to charge and use them. I have new caps...you'll get both sets.

-2, Kole audio capacitors brand new, never used

-1 soundstream dvd head unit with 3in. screen. Missing the volume control ****. Can still turn it up and down by the metal dial but the plastic cover vanished I'm sure one can be obtained

-1, 17in "accelevision" raw LCD monitor that mounts in center. It is brand new,never used, still has plastic on screen. You can also have the old 17in. monitor that stopped working. If you're good with electronics or want to pay a tv repair person I'm sure it could operate again.

The fiberglass is in great condition. Recently had a fresh paint job. The sub boxes have some screw holes that you might want to use some wood filler on...or just find a new spot to drill to secure subs.

Subwoofers not included.

Internal fiberglass is in great condition as well. Maybe a small scratch or two.

currently missing two speaker grilles....they were a tad worn and I was considering getting new ones. Minor expense I think.

I think that's about it. PM me with any questions or to make an offer. The photo of the trunk is without the side pieces to fill gaps and conform to the contours of trunk. Sorry about the dirty garage floor photos. No, sorry, I do not have the trunk lid parts.
Attached Thumbnails Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-installed.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-all.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-doormount.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-dvd.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-fittings.jpg  

Last edited by patrick323; 01-19-12 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-16-12, 09:49 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

more pics....
Attached Thumbnails Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-tube.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-newtv.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-oldcaps.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-rearmount.jpg   Bad-ass Extensive trunk audio/video, custom fiberglass-surround.jpg  

Old 01-16-12, 10:16 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

damn bro glad you are ok.... and awesome set up. glws
Old 01-16-12, 12:23 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

What part of Texas? And did you install it all yourself? Would like a hand installing it if you were able to (+$ of course). I'm in Houston and this caught my eye.
Old 01-16-12, 11:04 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heyarms
What part of Texas? And did you install it all yourself? Would like a hand installing it if you were able to (+$ of course). I'm in Houston and this caught my eye.
Far north dallas area.

I purchased this , along with some other things like interior tv's, from a CL forum member in LA. It was built for a large car show and then he put it up for local sale right after. Hardly any usage. Was in a few import/ audio, video magazines. It was so extensive and perhaps pricey that it seemed to not have any buyers follow through. I think this was because of cost of it and the realization of $ and time to install. Instead of parting it out, we came to a good price and I drove out to LA to have it swapped over. What I'm selling is a fraction of what I bought. Its a fraction as complicated as I bought as well. Aside from the TV it'd all be wired like any sound system would be.

As much as I wish I could offer audio install help....I cant. I likely know less than you. It ran pretty much flawlessly for a few years so I never had to explore it much.

To fully install it you pretty much gut your trunk. Not to the extent mine was but you'd lose your spare. and you lose your cargo space the upsides are very nice though . You can fully install it. You can just use the tubes and mount amps elsewhere in the car. Heck, I suppose there are many options. There are probably more parts here than you'd use. Aside from running the TV; It's just like installing any car stereo and any professional can do it. Any knowledgeable person could. I'm just not that person. I wouldnt let a "pro" charge you a heck of a lot more than a normal full stereo install just because it's custom. It wires the same and you'd have most everything you need except 2 subs and wires/cable and the speakers to fill those rear pods IF you even wanted to use them.

I had an extra battery. It fit behind the sub boxes accessible via the backseat armrest hole. That's not really needed unless you plan to run it run it loud for long without your car running. I suppose the caps are somewhat for show as well. I had an additional 1000w sub amp. I am running both subs (in a new simple box) off one of them and its actually too much to tolerate for long -turned all the way down- without a headache. One amp is more than sufficient. So the 4 way can be mounted where the other sub amp was, on that "plate," and you wouldnt have to cut up more of the trunk for space to mount it.

If you want more info and/or are serious about wanting it feel free to PM me I'm happy and talk to whoever is interested. Anything here that wouldnt work has a brand new replacement ready to fill its spot (old caps and old tv) so I feel confident just offering it as a cash and carry kind of thing.

Last edited by patrick323; 01-16-12 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-17-12, 10:49 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I had the $, that would look sick in my F.
Old 01-17-12, 10:52 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleadog99
Throw me an offer. Worst I can say is 'sorry, cant go quite that low."
Old 01-17-12, 06:41 PM
CCM03
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident

Will you be selling your s4play diffuser???
Old 01-18-12, 01:22 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fleadog99
where in tx are ya?
Old 01-18-12, 03:01 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Sorry, thought I answered that earlier when someone asked, or maybe that was a PM.

I'm near frisco, tx (north dfw). If someone a distance away but not crazy far I might be willing to meet halfway or something.

....or perhaps you were asking that to fleadog since i just noticed you quoted him.
Old 01-18-12, 03:08 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CCM03
Sorry to hear about your accident

Will you be selling your s4play diffuser???
I totally forgot all about that thing and I dont think i want to make the 120 mile (round trip) to the salvage auction yard it's at. I am still contemplating trying to get the trunk lid stuff too but It requires insurance permission and that is via some person on the phone who doesnt really grasp the scope of what I would like to have removed the car. Plus I have to pay the salvage yard 50 bucks every time i go. Some fee for them moving the vehicle from the yard to some supervised area where people take their belongings.
Old 01-19-12, 01:54 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Price update, First 1k or close offer takes it. Want it gone and clear some room for some modding of the new car.

Here is some info on individual components. It's hard to find retail prices on a few since they are a few years old. Some I have pulled from sites, others I am guesstimating.

Soundstream Picasso 1500d sub amplifier 1500w RMS
Approximately $400 new

Soundstream picasso Four way amp, pca4.520
rms powerrange 80-260w
Cannot find a price on this, My guess is $250-$300

4 of the Soundstream PCC.6 Soundstream 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System • 125 watts MAX • Carbon Fiber and Kevlar Composite Cones • 1" Silk Dome Tweeters. I have 4 of the drivers and 2 of the 1in. tweeters.

Soundstream vir-8004 DVD player
3.6in wide monitor. 5 position drop screen, sd slots, ipod input on back (no cord) usb mp3,
best guess of around $300 since it's almost impossible to find one of these unless refurbished.

Accelevision 17in lcd
16:9 aspect ratio
1280/800 resolution
300:1 contrast ratio
onlline for 399.99

Sound Stream 50 farad capacitors
retail $489.95 each, have two. Again There is a small (very small) chance one or both may have an issue. if they do These are more than sufficient. If not I have two new unused capacitors listed next.

Kole Audio 30 farad capacitors, Two of them
retail $299.99, probably online some where for 100-150 each.

The custom fiberglass is a pretty pricey thing. When I purchased all this it was just a package thing. I am not sure what it would cost for such custom fiberglass...my guess is in excess of 1k but I am unsure of this.

First 1k takes it. Looking to get it out of the garage (out of sight) and start modding my new vehicle (out of mind).

Last edited by patrick323; 02-01-12 at 09:54 PM. Reason: was half asleep, so many typos. I sound like a 5th grader.
Old 01-31-12, 02:41 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

bump

make offers. might start parting out next week.
Old 02-13-12, 01:06 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

bump:

make offers on individual components if interested in anything imparticular (not willing to ship the sub boxes).