Sponsored by:

iPod hook up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-04, 08:09 AM
GSpeed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ice>Link v1.1 for iPod

Looks like the Ice-Link v1.1 for iPod by Denison could be a likely solution for you.

Check out: http://www.densionusa.com/
*Click on picture of the iPod

It takes the place of an external CD changer. It also includes nicely done mounting hardware.

They apparently have tons of vehicle applications for this product. For example, I know they have an application for a RX 330 with Mark Levinson w/ Nav. I would contact them to check for your vehicle.

Also, check out iPod Lounge. Its basically the ClubLexus for iPod owners. Really helpful website and online community:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-05, 10:27 AM
tynee
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation Ipod interface

a company called VAIS technology makes a unit that is a direct line into your lexus reciever and also lets you control the ipod and your cd player throught the reciever as well. I was thinking of trying to start a group buy. the unit is $360, but the people on the Prius sites have done group buys and brought the price down to $220. Don't know where to start the thread. The piece is the VAIS-100i I think.
Old 10-20-05, 11:06 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's not going to help the SC300/400 owners that started this thread, since no one is making adapters for cars that old. Other SC owners have claimed that they successfully hooked up an iPod in an SC, but when I ask for details on how others can do it, they get oddly quiet. For example:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135995
Old 10-24-05, 12:39 AM
salimshah

Received 1,003 Likes on 906 Posts

I am also on my path to add an ipod for my son in his SC4.

I can deal with creating differential out put {L+/L- and R+/R- from single ended L/Gnd & R/Gnd output from ipod. Minor irritant (I will need a scope) is the lack of specification on output levels.

The biggest set-back is that if I sever the connections from the the cd changer {l+/-, r+/-) the head unit does not select cd as the source. For a while I thought I had disconnected the wrong wires, but am pretty sure that I have the right wires.

Any one knows what could be going on?

Salim
Old 10-24-05, 12:57 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

heres something that i was planning on doing, before i decided that i was just too damned lazy.

go get a Wired FM Stereo Modulator. this is special in the sense that it is hardwired to the HU and is powered. when u turn it on, it blocks the signal from the antenna from reaching the HU and pushes its own signal into the HU. the sound quality is supposedly excellent and u will retain full cd Changer funcionality. the reason i havent done this is u have to take the HU out and find a place to mount and a way to power the unit itself. as well as figuring out where to put the iPod dock and how to charge it. if anyone atttempts this please let me know how it turns out.

heres a link to the kind of fm modulator im talking about.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cl...ator&scoring=p
Old 10-25-05, 09:20 PM
salimshah

Received 1,003 Likes on 906 Posts

Here is some info that might help tinkerers.

Line out level from ipod (measure on Nano) ... line level output [not the headphone] 2Vp-p

Pioneer 12Disc Changer out put measured differentially [between L+/L- .. same as right pair] 6.5Vp-p ... individual L+ or L- wrt to signal ground 3.25Vp-p.

How measured: Generated 4khz tone from computer and saved the wave file. Transferred the file to nano and burned a cd. Played back both and measured levels using oscilloscope.
Nano was driving into a 10Kohm resistance and CD changer was connected to the Head unit.

Note: I did not observe any dc bias on the CD ouputs.

Correction: I was unable to reproduce the following ...
Mystry: I have not been able to figure out why CD mode switches to Radio when I cut all 4 (l+,l-,r+, & r-) lines.
So today I had no problem and successfuly remained in CD mode after cutting the 4 wires. ..

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 10-27-05 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-08-05, 10:35 AM
weinhous
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tynee
a company called VAIS technology makes a unit that is a direct line into your lexus reciever and also lets you control the ipod and your cd player throught the reciever as well. I was thinking of trying to start a group buy. the unit is $360, but the people on the Prius sites have done group buys and brought the price down to $220. Don't know where to start the thread. The piece is the VAIS-100i I think.
Any news about a group buy?
Old 11-27-05, 02:49 PM
TommyBoy2K
Driver School Candidate

VAIS

Above is the link to the VAIS Soundlinq Adaptor. Has anyone done this in their GS? My eyes glazed over when I read about it but sounds like you could use the CD controls for the IPOD which would be huge and possibly worth the $300.
Old 12-20-05, 03:46 PM
Spotswood
Driver School Candidate

VAIS does not support 1998-2000 models. Any luck on highjacking the tape output?