GuidePoint Systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-04, 11:13 PM
tony woo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GuidePoint Systems

Buyer Beware!

I had this installed by a Massachusetts dealer. It is a vehicle locator system. Unfortunately, the button installed is difficult to use. The horn sounding feature when your car is moved when the "Security fence" feature is on doesn't work. When I complained, Guidepoint told me that it is a problem I have to resolve with the dealer. The literature I got did not indicate potential extra charge for my plan (GPS1) for false alerts (not turning off the Security fence before moving the car). Now I was told that I have many false alerts. Unless I upgrade the plan to pay more, I would be charged for the false alerts.

There was one feature-low battery notification, that was on the literature for my plan is not removed from this plan. One has to upgrade to the next plan for this feature to work.

Furthermore, I discovered that in other to upgrade, additional hardware would have to be installed. Doesn't it mean that I would be forced to pay more?

I will update my continued effort to resolve these issues with Guidepoint. I plan to write to the dealership and Lexus headquarter if the issues could not be resolved.