LC Model (2018-present)

Exhaust Valve Controller

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 08:21 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Exhaust Valve Controller

Hi, my first post as a new member. I've got a fully optioned LC on order and am looking for info on exhaust baffle valve controller. Anyone already have a shot at this?

If not, sharing a diagram of the fuse box would be a good start

Last edited by LCInfrared; 02-17-18 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-17-18, 08:51 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I would think if you would disable it, it would trip a check engine light...
Old 02-17-18, 08:59 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Originally Posted by Craig B
I would think if you would disable it, it would trip a check engine light...
That would be part of the test; Removing the fuse for permanent open mode is not an option I'm looking for, would prefer a remote module that could control it, much like one that is sold for the Camaro ZL1 and corvette.
Old 02-17-18, 11:10 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Not to change the subject, but Forum Sponsor PPE Engineering makes an exhaust system for the ISF, RCF and GSF with vacuum controlled valves. My installation also includes an override switch on the dash that allows me to open and close the valves at will.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-muffler.html

Lou
Old 03-12-18, 10:12 AM
TCB1977
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know of any valve controller for the LC, but if you should want them to ALWAYS be open, then on the passenger side under the hood just block off the vacuum line that opens it. It is not much louder but you now don't get that extra surge of open flap power and sound at 3500 RPM as its always available, and no engine light. Enjoy
Old 03-12-18, 10:17 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Originally Posted by TCB1977
I don't know of any valve controller for the LC, but if you should want them to ALWAYS be open, then on the passenger side under the hood just block off the vacuum line that opens it. It is not much louder but you now don't get that extra surge of open flap power and sound at 3500 RPM as its always available, and no engine light. Enjoy
Thanks but there are in fact two valve controlers mounted onto the flaps that are located just behind the rear silencer. They are electrically operated. My goal is to gain the option to open them up full at the press of a button. The remote controller will not trigger any engine lights and it has been used in several exotics for years without any issues.

Edit: Based on my research, the vacuum tube you are referencing controls the (noise) flap for the cabin not the exhaust itself, which is electrically controlled by the ECU.

Last edited by LCInfrared; 03-12-18 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-12-18, 03:24 PM
Hoppean
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I'd be interested in getting one if the remote indeed turns out to be compatible. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Old 03-12-18, 03:28 PM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoppean
I'd be interested in getting one if the remote indeed turns out to be compatible. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Of course. If you can locate a fuse that is dedicated for the exhaust baffle control, it would certainly help speed up the process. There are several fuse boxes on the LC and the application of each fuse should be marked under the covers. Cheers!
Old 04-01-18, 09:43 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

After much research and electrical diagram verifications, it's clear now that one cannot control the exhaust flaps through the use of a remote module. There are several signal inputs coming from both the drive modes and the ECU algorithms, so they are not controled by a single source.

FYI: If anyone is interested I have the the complete electrical diagrams for the LC, including detailed fuse box lists, MIL codes, acronyms, code abbreviations, network ground points, etc...Just PM me.

Last edited by LCInfrared; 04-01-18 at 09:52 AM.