Search this Thread

Old 10-31-13, 09:15 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts
Default PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler

UPDATES ON PAGE THREE

MORE UPDATES ON PAGE 8

PPE finally completed their Prototype Exhaust System this afternoon. I'll try and have videos up tomorrow. We haven't put it on the Dyno yet, because I'm taking it on a trip next week, and hope to break it in. This is a vacuum operated system with a 3 position switch inside the car. There are two exhaust outlets, a 1.5" straight through pipe with some steel packing and a perforated core. This outlet is controlled by a valve which is controlled by a 3 position switch (open, closed or automatic) that is located on the dash. The second outlet is a 1.25" solid pipe that gets it's exhaust flow through baffling from the from the first outlet, when it is in the closed position.

As I indicated it has three positions. Open, the straight through pipe is always open. Closed, the straight through pipe is always closed, and automatic where the vacuum signal from the engine keeps the straight through pipe closed, but it opens at approximately half throttle.

As you can see by the picts, workmanship is excellent, welding is top notch, and V-Bands are used for the connections. The valve fittings on the ends of the straight through pipe, are OEM quality. the Cats are 4" diameter units and flow very well.

When the production units are available there will be various options available. My system will soon have the rear section coated black. The cats will be an option, as well as the vacuum valve. This will be a truly custom system.

IMHO, this is a real cool exhaust, and I am very excited to be the first to have this.

Impressions:

As many of you know, I am very sensitive to drone. In the closed position, I hear a very slight drone between 1900 and 2300 RPM. However, not everyone who has ridden with me hears what I hear. But, IMHO, it is so quiet that it will not be noticeable or interfere with any conversations going on inside the vehicle. When the valve is open, it's a whole nother story. It's loud, volcano loud, but with a great V8 tone. I luv it

My seat of the paints impression, is when I floor it on the freeway and the valve opens up, the kick-in-the paints acceleration feels stronger. But, the Dyno will tell us more when I get it done.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-pict-1.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-pict-2.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-pict-3.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-left-muffler.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-back.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 04-30-14 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 09:16 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

More Picts. And Video added: Sorry for the Crappy Video. I don't know what that background noise was But you get the idea. If you look closely at the muffler on the right hand side, you can see the valve open and close.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-cannaster.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-rear-1.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-tips.jpg   PPE Full Exhaust System with Dual Mode Muffler-switch.jpg  

Last edited by flowrider; 11-01-13 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-31-13, 09:42 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

awesome, im very interested to see more of this.
Old 10-31-13, 09:44 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Instead of adding another exhaust in the market they should of made an equal length header lol.. theres more demand in that than anything else IMO
Old 10-31-13, 09:59 PM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick man, i'm in for updates!
Old 10-31-13, 10:04 PM
kbtoiz
Pole Position

Very cool Lou! Looking forward for the vids!!
Old 10-31-13, 10:09 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to see that there are finally more choices! Cant wait to hear how it sounds! Do we know an approx price range?
Old 10-31-13, 10:18 PM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed!
Old 10-31-13, 10:55 PM
rc2o6
Driver

Awesome!

Any chance they'll do a "special run" with extended tips (similar to the ISS Forged DES exhaust)?
Old 10-31-13, 11:15 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Looking forward to the results, Lou! PPE's quality is thoroughly shown in the pics, and it will be a treat for us F owners to see what it puts down on the dyno. Enjoy it during the trip!
Old 10-31-13, 11:43 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

PPE FTW! I love their design, craftsmanship, added power from their header. I cant wait to see your dyno results! and +1 for extended tips. If that would be an option, I would be SOLD!
Old 11-01-13, 02:01 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any ballpark figure of the cost ???
Old 11-01-13, 02:05 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Sub'd looks interesting.

Pls upload vids when u can
Old 11-01-13, 03:14 AM