LC Model (2018-present)

Wing Activation

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-17, 05:36 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Wing Activation

Anyone find a way to keep the automated wing logic from overriding the manual activation? It would be nice to have it remain deployed when the manual setting has been selected, but the automatic retract logic always takes over when slowing past the pre-programmed speeds while driving. According to the manual, there doesn't appear to be a dealer-programmable option for this.

Last edited by uchujin; 09-26-17 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-31-17, 02:15 PM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Set wing constantly up

Here is how to get wing to stay up all the time. Park car, push console wing button to raise wing. Then go to settings on dash next to speedometer-set wing to OFF. Your wing will stay raised at all times.
The following 3 users liked this post by runner44:
Hoppean (11-02-17), LRCSALES (11-02-17), uchujin (10-31-17)
Old 10-31-17, 04:55 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Thanks runner44! I remember reading that in the manual (pg 395), but for some reason I confused the ABC columns and I tried to find that functionality via the Remote Touch system rather than the Meter Control Settings. When I couldn't find it in the Remote Touch Setup, I moved on to other things. This is helpful! Thanks again!
Old 11-01-17, 06:49 AM
runner44
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Page 395 does not help

It took me many tries to figure it out. Lexus dealers no help. Had same problem with my RCF wing.
Old 11-01-17, 01:11 PM
uchujin
Advanced

So this process worked perfectly for me. The manual seems unnecessarily confusing. After reading that section a few times, it started to sink in... I was thinking (incorrectly) there's an automatic mode and a manual mode - where the manual mode would obey the push-button switch setting. This would simplify things greatly. In manual mode - the the wing would obey the button setting, in automatic mode - the wing would follow the drive-mode deployment settings. But it doesn't work that way and the manual seems to (intentionally???) avoid describing this option. Logically, the manual is not incorrect, it just doesn't spell out this option clearly. Probably because - there's a greater risk of the wing getting damaged if left up all the time.

Now that I know how to do this, I'm debating whether I should have ordered the pre-painted TRD lip spoiler that I'm waiting to be delivered! I may still prefer the look of the TRD version over leaving the wing up all the time. When it arrives, I'll rest it in place and see what I think. If I don't like it, it will go onto eBay - for someone with a white LC (without a popup wing) to consider...

Old 05-15-18, 05:40 AM
Jules640
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uchujin
So this process worked perfectly for me. The manual seems unnecessarily confusing. After reading that section a few times, it started to sink in... I was thinking (incorrectly) there's an automatic mode and a manual mode - where the manual mode would obey the push-button switch setting. This would simplify things greatly. In manual mode - the the wing would obey the button setting, in automatic mode - the wing would follow the drive-mode deployment settings. But it doesn't work that way and the manual seems to (intentionally???) avoid describing this option. Logically, the manual is not incorrect, it just doesn't spell out this option clearly. Probably because - there's a greater risk of the wing getting damaged if left up all the time.

Now that I know how to do this, I'm debating whether I should have ordered the pre-painted TRD lip spoiler that I'm waiting to be delivered! I may still prefer the look of the TRD version over leaving the wing up all the time. When it arrives, I'll rest it in place and see what I think. If I don't like it, it will go onto eBay - for someone with a white LC (without a popup wing) to consider...

Did you decide to fit the spoiler to your car? I'm sure I read somewhere that you were waiting for the warmer weather.
Old 05-15-18, 05:51 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jules640
Did you decide to fit the spoiler to your car? I'm sure I read somewhere that you were waiting for the warmer weather.
I didn't think anyone would actually remember that! Yes - I did just install it a couple of weeks ago. It's very subtle, but I like the look of the car better with it on there.

Old 05-15-18, 05:56 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Old 05-15-18, 06:27 AM
Jules640
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for replying and for the photos. It looks really nice and definitely improves the rear of the car. I have always thought that the rear needs something to lift it as it looks a bit 'flat'. It is quite subtle but makes a huge difference.Did you have to drill the bootlid (trunk) to fit it?

Also, do you mine me asking how much it was? It is £1,000 ($1,350) to order in the UK which seems very expensive. I'm wondering if it might be cheaper to order from the US and pay the shipping.
Old 05-15-18, 06:59 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Thanks for replying and for the photos. It looks really nice and definitely improves the rear of the car. I have always thought that the rear needs something to lift it as it looks a bit 'flat'. It is quite subtle but makes a huge difference.Did you have to drill the bootlid (trunk) to fit it?

Also, do you mine me asking how much it was? It is £1,000 ($1,350) to order in the UK which seems very expensive. I'm wondering if it might be cheaper to order from the US and pay the shipping.
Hi Jules - If you look through this thread (link below), you'll see that I removed the pre-attached bolt. No way I was drilling the trunk. I paid way too much (~$1800 US with shipping). I seem to recall seeing much lower prices online after I bought it - but they were mostly Japanese sites. The site I used was also a Japanese merchant, but it has English text and accepts PayPal. They also responded to questions in pretty-good English. The instructions were all in Japanese, but I can translate what I did - if you end up getting one, They have a few pre-painted options as well as unpainted. You'll find a link to that site at the thread-link below.

BTW - I won't be installing the ground-effects kits. Personally, I prefer the clean lines of the lower body over the side skirts and front splitters I've seen. I just find the artistry of the clean body design more appealing. But I agree with you on the visual appeal of the trunk. I always felt it needed something, and I didn't like leaving the pop-up wing deployed all the time.

Read through this thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...-lc-trd-2.html

I
Old 05-15-18, 09:35 AM
Jules640
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the information. My car is white and so I would get a pre-painted one.

I agree with your comments on the other parts of the kit, the car looks better as standard.

It seems as though quite a few owners like to change the wheels too. Personally I think the standard 21" wheels look a lot better.
Old 05-15-18, 11:28 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Thanks for the information. My car is white and so I would get a pre-painted one.

I agree with your comments on the other parts of the kit, the car looks better as standard.

It seems as though quite a few owners like to change the wheels too. Personally I think the standard 21" wheels look a lot better.
I really like the color combination of the 21" OEM wheels too, but not the offset. I'd prefer a wider track - flush with the fenders. And the openings are a bit small for cleaning inside the barrels (which I do with latex gloves - to clean out all the nasty brake dust after every drive!). I'm likely gonna pull the trigger on a set of gloss clear polished Vossen wheels (with tires and new TPMS), and just keep my current setup for backup and/or resale.