IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Transmission mount upgrade (KEIN)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-20, 11:10 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
The proper material would be Polyelast and there are just limited form factors we can use to make the adaptation. I think Poly in a trans mount will just not hit the right frequencies. We have one that a customer of ours molded but we never tested it. We will see what we can do. Mike
​​​​​@FIGS Mike, any update?
Old 09-01-20, 12:31 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
​​​​​@FIGS Mike, any update?
As many things that I am working on, this falls pretty far down the list, unfortunately. I have something that might work, but a lot of things ahead of it.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 09-01-20, 02:19 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Only the original IS F ones have a shorter service life on the OEM engine mounts..
The only one that fails over time, is the Drivers side / LH mount do to the engine torque upward.

The passenger side / RH mount has no issues of breaking (that I know) at its always being pushed down on.

Anyways around June 2014 the IS F mounts were superseded with new part numbers that are still current and found on all 2015 to 2020 RC F & GS F.

Only time will tell if the newer mounts have the same problems..

If the mounts last 10 years / 100k miles.. I would think they have done their jobs.

Joe Z
Has anyone seen that the track edition of the RCF uses these motor mounts, or does it have its own?
Old 09-01-20, 03:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,059 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Has anyone seen that the track edition of the RCF uses these motor mounts, or does it have its own?
The RC F Track Edition uses the same 2 motor mounts and 1 rear trans mount

All found on GS F / RC F / IS F

Joe Z
The following users liked this post:
Jwconeil (09-01-20)
Old 09-24-20, 09:42 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
I stumbled upon this..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KEIN-Transm...UAAOSwQ5pdFLdp

Anyone seen or purchased one? I just ordered mine since it looks overall better then the oem design.
yo i have it installed (fitment was trash btw), but the cabin noise is SOOOO INSANELY LOUD. is this normal??? its so loud my ears hurt when i do a pull. lmk since i cant dm u
Old 09-24-20, 09:46 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Romeomvm
yo i have it installed (fitment was trash btw), but the cabin noise is SOOOO INSANELY LOUD. is this normal??? its so loud my ears hurt when i do a pull. lmk since i cant dm u
How was the fitment trash? Mine bolted right up no problem. Do you even know the condition of your motor mounts? Seems to me you have a bigger issue with your car if changing out a transmission mount made your car SO LOUD your ears hurt. You installed a mount not open headers so stop exaggerating.
Old 09-24-20, 09:56 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

How was the fitment trash? Mine bolted right up no problem. Do you even know the condition of your motor mounts? Seems to me you have a bigger issue with your car if changing out a transmission mount made your car SO LOUD your ears hurt. You installed a mount not open headers so stop exaggerating.
the bracket no longer lined up with the holes. ill try to include pics. and my motor mounts are okay. i barely had any noise before this installation. it really is loud man. i had trouble talking to my passanger during highway driving. do u have IG or something? i can send u some vids. thanks. i exagarrated with the trash fitment. but basically i had to drill the holes bigger to make the bolts go in. the mount was slightly crooked.

Old 09-24-20, 10:19 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

the bracket no longer lined up with the holes. ill try to include pics. and my motor mounts are okay. i barely had any noise before this installation. it really is loud man. i had trouble talking to my passanger during highway driving. do u have IG or something? i can send u some vids. thanks. i exagarrated with the trash fitment. but basically i had to drill the holes bigger to make the bolts go in. the mount was slightly crooked.

I don’t have social media sorry. All you needed to make the support brace to line up was a pry bar and slide the bolt on. If your on stock engine mounts that could possibly make the vibration worse since the oem mounts aren’t stiff by any means. Have you actually checked them? Mine were torn. I’m on solid motor mounts and the kein transmission mount and have slight vibrations at idle but that’s it’s and it’s so insignificant you might not even notice.
Old 09-24-20, 10:29 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

I don’t have social media sorry. All you needed to make the support brace to line up was a pry bar and slide the bolt on. If your on stock engine mounts that could possibly make the vibration worse since the oem mounts aren’t stiff by any means. Have you actually checked them? Mine were torn. I’m on solid motor mounts and the kein transmission mount and have slight vibrations at idle but that’s it’s and it’s so insignificant you might not even notice.
my mechanic didnt recommend using a pry bar to line it up. he drilled the existing hole a little bit bigger to fit the bolt.
anyways, in my cabin it sounds like i have a full straight pipe exhaust eventho i am completely oem.
idk whats up with that.
Old 09-24-20, 10:44 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

my mechanic didnt recommend using a pry bar to line it up. he drilled the existing hole a little bit bigger to fit the bolt.
anyways, in my cabin it sounds like i have a full straight pipe exhaust eventho i am completely oem.
idk whats up with that.
If you can post up a video on YouTube or upload it on hear so I can hear it.
Old 09-24-20, 10:48 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

just uploaded this.
I drove normal at the start, and then i hit the gas. pre installation the noise while cruising would be almost non existant.
Old 09-24-20, 10:49 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

If you can post up a video on YouTube or upload it on hear so I can hear it.
normal drive first, then i hit the gas.
usually during the normal driving the noise in the cabin would be minimal/non existant. now listen to it. i can barely hear my music.
Old 09-24-20, 10:58 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

normal drive first, then i hit the gas.
usually during the normal driving the noise in the cabin would be minimal/non existant. now listen to it. i can barely hear my music.
https://youtu.be/mouEDRuZAn8
I listened to the video and I honestly could hear anything weird or odd from it.
Old 09-24-20, 11:10 AM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Mine definitely doesn't sound that loud. There's that mechanical/whirring sound but you don't hear it with music on at volume 20+, it's very minimal. I have RR engine mounts as well. Also, not sure what's up with your fitment there. Did you flip the brace? Lol.
Old 09-24-20, 11:11 AM
Romeomvm
Driver School Candidate

I listened to the video and I honestly could hear anything weird or odd from it.
hmm, thats quite odd. since from other recordings in my car my car is literally close to silent in the cabin when im doing city driving or normal driving. and now with my volume at 30 i can barely make out what the artist is saying.
My exhaust is completely stock. so if it went from close to dead silent on a cruise, to barely hearing my music at level 30, something is defenetely up.

Quick Reply: Transmission mount upgrade (KEIN)