Search this Thread

Old 07-07-18, 03:31 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts
Default RRR Bazooka Exhaust Made By PPE Review

**Sound warning for headphones users**

Hello CLexus,

Just thought I' d like to share a mod offered by RRRacing, its a directly muffler delete quad pipes, I didnt even know this mod existed until recently, and its rare to find any videos of this setup so I decided to make one here. The RRR Bazooka pipes are actually quad tips made to fit borla exhaust, it fits the Y Pipe of the borla exhaust and deletes the Borla mufflers. I must say when received this piece looked amazing, PPE always delivers and it actually looks much much better than the products shown on websites.

The fitment was perfect and quality of the pipes are amazing. I figured it would be since they were made my PPE, I also have headers by them and they are still looking like they did day one. The only issue I had was the pipes were initially touching the bumper on the right side, which was easily fixed by the muffler shop by welding a plate onto the Y pipe of the borla exhaust to widen it. After that was done, it fit like a charm, Another thing to consider is that the right pipes sit about .25" outward that no adjustment could fix, while it was not noticeable unless pointed out, that may be something to consider. Not sure if PPE would fix this issue, but its a fairly simple issue that any exhaust shop can modify to make it perfect. Needless to. say, the pipes sitting in the middle was fixed with a metal plate, and the right side sticking out was only noticeable up close and if pointed out, something I could easily live with.

Lastly, these pipes makes the car sound amazing and made me fall in love with my car again. Its not for someone who wants a quiet system, but if your looking for the mean sound these pipes make these are for you. You can get by daily driving it, but will need to be under 50% throttle, anything over and it may become overwhelming for some.

I am a horrible editor, but I made three videos, one startup, one high rev 6k, and one low rev 3.5k. About a minute each so hopefully wont waste too much time.

Here are the photos of the parts, amazing thanks to PPE and RRR for developing a great mod for borla owners looking for something a little bit more special.

Understanding that exhaust note videos are more for reference than actual sound itself, I can assure you the car sounds amazing, not that ricer fart can sound, more of a mean angry v8 roar sound, here are videos below:

Last edited by k20trick; 07-08-18 at 02:30 PM. Reason: warning for headphone user
The following users liked this post:
idoke1 (07-08-18)
Old 07-07-18, 03:46 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Mods can you please move this to ISF forum, guess I post too often here that I made a mistake and posted a regular post onto the detailing section.
Old 07-08-18, 06:40 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow! You definitely captured that sound! Warning for anyone with headsets on, the high rev will be loud. Awesome videos k20trick.
k20trick (07-08-18)
Old 07-08-18, 09:07 AM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds amazing James wish something like this could be available for my joez.
k20trick (07-09-18)
Old 07-08-18, 10:42 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Thanks for the likes Gents, Im not being paid to do this review, but when something comes out or had been out for awhile that you never know about and you had to get it with great outcome, I guess this comes out of helping the other members, honestly no clue how I never knew this product existed, but very glad it did, because I like the car even more now.

Josh, you can cut the joez mufflers and weld a pipe there, but I guess it wouldn't have the same fit and finish as a quality made product by PPE/RRR thats direct bolt on.

It is loud, but you can control it with under 40-50% throttle then it'll stay quiet, anything above that and the whole neighborhood will hear you.
Old 07-09-18, 09:23 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Aren’t they releasing a valved muffled version of the Bazooka in just a manner of weeks?
Old 07-10-18, 09:08 AM
davidcausa
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

glad you like them. i've had mine about 2 years now and still smile every time i start her up or punch it fast.
I constantly get looks and compliments with it too. People stopped asking if my car was a 250 or 350 now haha.
Old 07-10-18, 11:03 AM
topguy573
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

outside of the headers, what did this system run you dollar wise?
Old 07-10-18, 11:27 AM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by davidcausa
glad you like them. i've had mine about 2 years now and still smile every time i start her up or punch it fast.
I constantly get looks and compliments with it too. People stopped asking if my car was a 250 or 350 now haha.
Definitely puts a huge smile on my face!

Originally Posted by topguy573
outside of the headers, what did this system run you dollar wise?
Not sure exact amount but ball park 1000-1300 full borla system, plus 700 for rrr pipes, looking at roughly 1700-2000 depending on where you buy and if bought used. I consider it a budget version of the greddy ti, but louder and not too far off on weight. The borla system is already light as it is, I believe the greddy ti is 15-20 lbs lighter than standard borla system, then you factor in removal of borla tips, and stock tips and the difference in weight may not be much.
Old 07-10-18, 11:54 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally posted by k20trick:

"The fitment was perfect..."

"...the pipes were initially touching the bumper..."

"...the right pipes sit about .25" outward that no adjustment could fix, ..."

imho, this seems to be one of those mods that won't age well. I'll take the look of stock tips w/toms diffuser every time.
Old 07-10-18, 12:01 PM
5LITERV8YO
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had mine installed last week. It sounds super mean. The sound is different inside the car vs outside the car at WOT. I had my friend drive my car and punch it while I was standing outside. My next mod will be the PPE EL headers.
Old 07-10-18, 12:07 PM
JPxMODz
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^Post #10 Based on appearances alone, I couldn't agree more. But after having this setup myself, I could never return to stock sound or even Borla mufflers paired with stock tips for that matter

Last edited by JPxMODz; 07-10-18 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 12:57 PM
k20trick
Instructor

tas apologies, let me rephrase that, product was 100% direct bolt on, no modification required to make it fit onto standard borla system.

The pipes were initially slightly touching the bumper while I couldve left it alone I wanted a perfect flush fitment and eliminate any issues of blackening the bumper, imo the slight touching will lead to burning and/or blackening and I hate that look when you modify an exhaust you could see actual pollution and/or burn marks on a bumper ruining the whole look, well in order to minimize that and/or hopefully eliminate that issue ive done my due diligence and a metal plate was welded into the borla Y pipe, took ten minutes, doesnt look pretty but you cant see it anyways. I also recoated that area, if I see areas of black marks, I will address it here or get to it right away.

The setup sounds intoxicating, if you like brutal pops on decel and and shifts, intoxicating sound, and actual quad pipes sticking out not the fake oem tips (although functional), then this may be for you.

Lastly the right sticking out is unnoticeable unless your right above the bumper starring right down at it, i even asked my friend to see it and he couldnt notice anything until I pointed it out, its there but unnoticeable unless you point it out and right above it. It may even fit better when paired with the full exhaust system rrr sells.

I understand its not for everyone and to each his own hopefully this is more informative than actually presenting as this is better type of deal because I never knew this existed (wonder where Ive been?), but Id take the look of real quad pipes over fake ones that came at the factory any day.

Last edited by k20trick; 07-10-18 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 02:34 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I never been a fan of the design of the setup, but I definitely do Love the sound it creates. I’m hoping the new valved exhaust sounds the same and is designed better.
k20trick (07-10-18)
Old 07-10-18, 03:57 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Thanks for sharing. I never been a fan of the design of the setup, but I definitely do Love the sound it creates. I’m hoping the new valved exhaust sounds the same and is designed better.
Saving up for a greddy ti setup myself, this should help me get by for now..

Quick Reply: RRR Bazooka Exhaust Made By PPE Review