IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

anyone getting the grom vline?

Old 04-25-17, 08:27 AM
fateh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regeenoble
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Waze a few times for various reasons and it has come back working perfectly every time. One time, I force closed it when it could not connect to the network after repeatedly opening and closing the app. After the force close it would not open at all. After the uninstall/reinstall it worked instantly. Hope that works.
I have tried force stopping/ uninstalling/installing Waze app. Still same issue. All other apps work fine. It seems like Waze is not recognizing location services.
thanks
Old 04-25-17, 02:19 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

We are happy to announce that we are shipping VLine Gen 6 pre-orders now! Apologize for long wait, we truly appreciate your cooperation.
The pre-sale pricing will be removed tomorrow, so today is the last day to enjoy discounted pricing on VLine for Gen 6 Lexus stereos:
http://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl1-lex6.html

Compatible with:
Lexus ES 350 2010-2012 (Navi)
Lexus IS 250/350/F/C 2010-2012 (Navi)

Last edited by gromaudio; 04-25-17 at 02:19 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 04-28-17, 10:02 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone else install the GPS antenna under the dash next to the Lexus one successfully?

Installing this weekend and would prefer to have it there instead of on the dashboard or windshield.
Old 04-28-17, 11:20 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kjer
Anyone else install the GPS antenna under the dash next to the Lexus one successfully?

Installing this weekend and would prefer to have it there instead of on the dashboard or windshield.
Expect to be receiving my unit shortly. I would like to avoid anything too visible also.

Would appreciate immensely if you take good pictures of your installation. It will really help me out with mine. A DIY would be good too...

Thanks
Old 04-28-17, 02:06 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Well the install is done and I am testing now. Just can't figure out where to put the GPS antenna. This whole area is packed with plastic ducts and airbag stuff.
Old 04-28-17, 04:04 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Well the GPS antenna got mounted over the air ducts. Still have to do some driving to make sure it maintains connection.

Everything else went smooth. Performance seems good. Not sluggish at all for people complaining about the specs.

Make sure you update the OTA, there was one download available.

Still playing around with Google maps. It is giving me a hard time getting to the settings in the app. No up and down in the screen just zoom in and out so I can't scroll. Going to try to access it with a Bluetooth keyboard paired up with it.
Old 04-28-17, 04:07 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Here is where the harness and the GPS got fished through. I plan on mounting the box on the top of the glove box. Need some Velcro before I can do it but it will fit there and still be out of the way and have the ports open.
Old 04-28-17, 08:16 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Well it was fun while it lasted... Currently stuck at this screen no mater what I do. Anyone know if there is a way to factory reset these things by hand?

UPDATE: Unit came back on this morning. Hopefully that was a one time issue. I'll keep you all posted what happens. Still having issues with Google music app not playing back audio and I am noticing the lag of 1gb of ram this thing may need a task killer app or something lol

Last edited by s2kjer; 04-29-17 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-29-17, 10:52 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Got Android Auto sideloaded with the link on page 27 of this thread. Seems stable beside the Google music issue. Getting an error on the pre loaded Google music that I am signed in on too many devices even though I am not and on the download Google music from the market I am getting eternal buffering and no audio.
The following users liked this post:
newgsman (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 11:24 AM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Heh S2kjer

Thanks for the pictures. Gives me a pretty good idea what I will be dealing with when I do mine. anything I should watch out for. I want to make sure I don't snap anything when taking things apart. Does the whole unit just sit in the glove box?
Old 04-29-17, 11:37 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Originally Posted by newgsman
Heh S2kjer

Thanks for the pictures. Gives me a pretty good idea what I will be dealing with when I do mine. anything I should watch out for. I want to make sure I don't snap anything when taking things apart. Does the whole unit just sit in the glove box?
If you follow the Grom video you will not have a problem. Just don't scratch or break your trim when removing it. Use plastic pry tools if you are worried. I also recommend using a stick and some tape to feed the harness and antenna from the back of the unit through the cabin filter pass through. After I get the technical issues worked out I will mount it with Velcro to the top of the glove box.
Old 04-29-17, 02:10 PM
s2kjer
Driver

Ok, did some test driving got the music working with Google music and the GPS is working like trash with Google maps. It updates your location every 3 to 5 minutes. I took the antenna back out of the dash and it was the same crap sitting on the dashboard so I'm not sure what is going on. All connections are good and I reset everything. Same thing. Going to test it outside on the roof next to see if it makes a difference.
Old 04-29-17, 05:14 PM
charlesrg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fateh
I have tried force stopping/ uninstalling/installing Waze app. Still same issue. All other apps work fine. It seems like Waze is not recognizing location services.
thanks
Interesting. I've a similar problem. Google Maps always crashed but Waze works well. Already cleared cache, uninstalled and re-installed multiple times.
Old 04-30-17, 10:36 AM
s2kjer
Driver

Ok, did some test driving got the music working with Google music and the GPS is working like trash with Google maps. It updates your location every 3 to 5 minutes. I took the antenna back out of the dash and it was the same crap sitting on the dashboard so I'm not sure what is going on. All connections are good and I reset everything. Same thing. Going to test it outside on the roof next to see if it makes a difference.
My GPS is still a no go with Waze and Google maps even with the antenna outside on the roof. Location is slow to update and then just gets stuck. Mostly everything else has worked itself out for now. Waiting for Grom to help me tomorrow. Hopefully it's a simple fix.
Old 04-30-17, 05:47 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

My GPS is still a no go with Waze and Google maps even with the antenna outside on the roof. Location is slow to update and then just gets stuck. Mostly everything else has worked itself out for now. Waiting for Grom to help me tomorrow. Hopefully it's a simple fix.
Can you please check what is the FW versions on your VLine (Settings -> About Device -> VLine System Update) ? Is it gen6 version ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone getting the grom vline?