IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anybody drive or jump to a Camaro ZL1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 11:32 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsmike177
I guess I get into races that proves that the ISF isn't even close to being the fastest out there. I have lost to GTR's, CTS-V's, E63 the V8TT, tuned Audi S7, tuned S4 and RS4, Corvettes, modded Mustangs, and a few months ago,a McLaren MP412C. The McLaren was insanely fast on the highway, after 2 seconds of full throttle in the ISF from 70mph, it was already 5 bus lengths ahead and pulling away as if I was driving a Corolla.
Well that is some serious comeptition if I say so myself... But if I ran into any of them I would "Go"...LMAO
Old 05-28-14, 11:35 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I played with a white convertible one this morning on the way to work. I pulled up next to him and gave him a thumbs up. I launched and he didnt then when I calmed down he flew by but then exited and clipped the curb entering a gas station
You crack me up dude...LOL...clipped the curb entering a gas station...I could not stop laughing...
Old 05-28-14, 03:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MYISF
You crack me up dude...LOL...clipped the curb entering a gas station...I could not stop laughing...
LOL "clipped " isnt the right word as much as went over. It was like the sidewalk had an extension right before the entrance of the gas station and the dude went over the curb literally. Tires even squealed . Im pretty sure he might need a new wheel for his rear right .
Old 05-28-14, 10:24 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove my bro-n-law's new ZL1, with manual trans. It is a bad *** machine. I like the muscular stance and the view of the long hood as seen from the driver's seat. The exhaust is stock, but definitely sounds very aggressive with the dual mode stock exhaust. At idle and low rpm/speed, the exhaust lets you and anyone nearby know that you have something special (no m2w switch). In contrast with the F, at low speeds/rpm, only you know there is a hint of a beast - but it is far too tame or Lexus-like. You MUST force the 2ndary-intake to open, so you can be rewarded with aggressive sound.

It pulls like a freight-train, handles very well, and is tons of fun to drive.

On the negative, blind spot/sight lines are bad, the back seats are useless for anything more than short trips to drop off kids or an adult who will be there for very short distances. I say this only b/c I need 4 doors b/c of my small kids. I know it is cramped in the ISF back there, but it has 4 doors and more convenient.
Reaching for the seatbelt in the Z is a bit annoying, but that is the coupe layout. Supercharger whine can get old.
Shifting the gears leaves room to miss a gear or slow your acceleration down - so I would definitely go with the automatic. I have had a z06 and manual GT stangs -so I'm decent rowing the gears. Put it this way - if it is a DD, automatic. Weekend car - manual.

Not sure if the Z will have leaky RMS, but the V was sort of plagued with that ---even some a few months old and low mileage.

I made my choice on the F (already been 1 yr! now) from the M3 coupe, CTS-V sedan, and ZL1.
I don't regret my choice in the least.

That's my ghetto commentary on your question.

Last edited by BluISF; 05-28-14 at 10:49 PM.