IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

No more IS-F?

Old 03-02-14, 07:34 AM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more IS-F?

So I'm sure this subject has been beatin like a dead horse. I have taken a hiatus from the board for a while, but I'm back with questions now. I am absolutely in love with the new M3. Don't really want a coupe or I might consider the RcF over the M4.

Are we 100% sure there won't be a revision of the ISF? I have seen some leaks on Lexus Enthusiast about a possible ISF. I know there is possibly a GSF in the works but more than likely we are talkin M5 price. I want a high performance sedan and before I go buy the M3 next year I need to be able to rule out an ISF. I would like to stay with Lexus but the latter may force me to leave...

Any input?
Old 03-02-14, 07:44 AM
Raybean
Pole Position

So far there have been no words on a sedan, but I'll keep my hopes up.
Old 03-02-14, 09:37 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

The M3 is a beautiful car, my cousin has an E92 M3 coupe and its a nice....but I can tell you he's had more problems with his car than mine.

Just recently he's had to have the whole dashboard removed due to a faulty AC unit (which is supposedly a known problem).

Hope you don't face any issues with yours, his has been pretty hassle free for a BMW apart from a few bits and pieces, but the above is the biggest problem he's found so far.
Old 03-02-14, 11:01 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Double post
Old 03-02-14, 11:03 AM
Stuno1
Driver

Don't see why they wouldn't??

They should always have a m3/m4/m5 etc competitor IMO.
Old 03-02-14, 12:53 PM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too many M's on the road. I think they want the IS-F to be collectible, hence a limited production.
Old 03-02-14, 04:36 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

A month ago while getting service done for my F, I was talking with master tech he's been with Lexus for 20 yrs and is one of few master tech trained to work on LFA told me that Lexus was working on twin turbo setup. That they were working out bugs for next F car either GS-F or possibly next gen twin turbo V6 IS-F.

This is second time I've heard that Lexus will produce Gen II IS-F, but it will be twin turbo V6 which makes sense if lexus follows what other big three are doing in this segment, which is smaller forced induction motors.
Old 03-02-14, 04:51 PM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by Weapon F
A month ago while getting service done for my F, I was talking with master tech he's been with Lexus for 20 yrs and is one of few master tech trained to work on LFA told me that Lexus was working on twin turbo setup. That they were working out bugs for next F car either GS-F or possibly next gen twin turbo V6 IS-F.

This is second time I've heard that Lexus will produce Gen II IS-F, but it will be twin turbo V6 which makes sense if lexus follows what other big three are doing in this segment, which is smaller forced induction motors.
I don't get it. Why go through the trouble of updating the IS-F's V8 for the RC then? Wouldn't it be easier to use the same motor for the sedan?
Old 03-02-14, 05:40 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kesando
I don't get it. Why go through the trouble of updating the IS-F's V8 for the RC then? Wouldn't it be easier to use the same motor for the sedan?
Maybe because Lexus is headed toward the turbo setup throughout the entire lineup. Been hearing rumors that the IS250/350 will be V4/V6 TT soon.
Old 03-02-14, 05:43 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by kesando
Just my opinion but from everyone I've spoken to in lexus as well as everything I've read on line and in magazines V8 would be GS-F and RC-F Marketing these two cars more as halo cars for this segment. But who knows this is all conjecture at this time, Lexus can do whatever they want we won't know until it's actually done.
Old 03-02-14, 05:50 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

Well let's hope it happens sooner than later! I can't believe lexus would do away with a high performance sedan and surrender to only a 2 door coupe! Talking about losing the war to bmw and benz, wow. Might as well throw cadillac in there as well.
Old 03-02-14, 09:43 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just wanted to confirm my previous understanding....

There will not be a 2015 ISF

If there is a gen2 ISF at some point, it is rumored to have a V6TT under development

Has anything changed? Thanks, just trying to keep current.
Not sure how a V6TT means lex has lost a battle...to me that would mean they're adapting to current market conditions while developing rumored GSF and possibly LSF debuts.
Old 03-02-14, 10:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

with the last gen M3 they killed the four door a few years in didnt they? I am wondering if Lexus is following
Old 03-02-14, 11:08 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the 2nd ISF will be seen around late 2015 early 2016. I don't think ISF will be discontinue from lexus line up. There were many rumors regarding new ISF will use RCF engine w/ 450hp. Will wait for more source from lexus.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/01/25/b...rrive-in-2015/
Old 03-02-14, 11:54 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They may launch the RCF and lay back on the 4door for a couple years then bring it back more refined in performance. Hands down the Bimmer is a POS compared to the F in quality of the build and longevity - no educated car person could argue that (sensibly anyways).

I am just wondering if my PPE's will bolt up without issue to the RCF's V8 + its exhaust?- is my only questions....LMAO or do I have to buy another set..
(nah i am not missing the car note, keepin my 4 door.....for now)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No more IS-F?