IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Caliper Paint Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 10:18 AM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

@websocal here is a side view of my car when it was raining last lol.

BTW can any of you photo shop guys do the gold color, red color and silver color for me so i can make up my mind?? Thanks

you can see the window trim is all black. used some tape from a place online called outmotoring.com i purchased two rolls of the black out window trim they sell for the mini coopers worked great cheap and easy mod if you live close enough i would put it on for you.
Old 03-20-13, 10:32 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Justin, IMO the black would blend in too much, as is the case currently. Silver and gold, while the car is in motion, would still be seen nicely. Looking forward to the outcome with whichever color you decide. Again, love your MRM with the ARKYM CF accents all around
Old 03-20-13, 10:57 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gold/yellow would stand out. What about blue? Just ordered blue G2 paint for my ISF. I think blue caliper w/ white Brembo decals goes smoothly with SFP. Can't wait to start this project next weekend.

Last edited by GriMan; 03-20-13 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-20-13, 11:17 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Color matched MRM is my vote. Do you have enough window trim tape left for 1 more car? If you do I can take it off your hands in Dana Point on Sunday.
Old 03-20-13, 11:20 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Murph145
@websocal here is a side view of my car when it was raining last lol.

BTW can any of you photo shop guys do the gold color, red color and silver color for me so i can make up my mind?? Thanks

you can see the window trim is all black. used some tape from a place online called outmotoring.com i purchased two rolls of the black out window trim they sell for the mini coopers worked great cheap and easy mod if you live close enough i would put it on for you.

Is your roof painted or wrapped? Your roof looks like mine but mine is painted matte gray.
Old 03-20-13, 01:24 PM
atl08isf
Rookie

which window trim did you order? it looks like there is a gen1 and a gen2, I want to order the right stuff, thanks
Old 03-20-13, 01:41 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Justin, IMO the black would blend in too much, as is the case currently. Silver and gold, while the car is in motion, would still be seen nicely. Looking forward to the outcome with whichever color you decide. Again, love your MRM with the ARKYM CF accents all around
thanks i like all the cf goodies too lol wish i had more haha!!

Originally Posted by GriMan
Gold/yellow would stand out. What about blue? Just ordered blue G2 paint for my ISF. I think blue caliper w/ white Brembo decals goes smoothly with SFP. Can't wait to start this project next weekend.
i just ordered color match red from automotivetouchup.com there 12oz aerosol cans and gloss are the best on the market in my opinion they spray so well! I guess color match here I come! Keep us updated on your project

Originally Posted by 2ndGF
Color matched MRM is my vote. Do you have enough window trim tape left for 1 more car? If you do I can take it off your hands in Dana Point on Sunday.
Color match it is! I wish I had enough left I ordered two rolls and it requires 1 and a 1/4 roll to do a car however i messed up part on my first attempt (not bad) but since i had some left over I re did it and did a cleaner job! You should totally get some Ill help you install it only takes like 45 minutes

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Is your roof painted or wrapped? Your roof looks like mine but mine is painted matte gray.
my roof is 3M brushed steel.... when you see it in person it has a look of a rolls royce hood kinda different

Originally Posted by atl08isf
which window trim did you order? it looks like there is a gen1 and a gen2, I want to order the right stuff, thanks
I ordered the gen 1 window trim make sure you get two rolls! If you need help let me know.

Can't wait to do my damn calipers was guna do them this weekend but now this last minute color change has me pushed back lol
Old 03-20-13, 02:42 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the darker red would look best.
Old 03-20-13, 03:55 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not to slightly thread jack.. but when you repaint your calipers, does anyone know what size Brembo Sticker should I use? I know there's different sizes from the 4 piston, 6 piston etc but I'm not sure which dimensions would be needed for the front/rear.

Thanks
Old 03-20-13, 03:59 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

your car is just hot murph. My vote goes to gold/yellow; yellow and red go together very well.
Old 03-20-13, 04:18 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Not to slightly thread jack.. but when you repaint your calipers, does anyone know what size Brembo Sticker should I use? I know there's different sizes from the 4 piston, 6 piston etc but I'm not sure which dimensions would be needed for the front/rear.

Thanks
I had mine sized based off of pics on the Brembo site. Too big would look weird. Mine:

Old 04-10-13, 01:58 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

alright so I ended up color matching my calipers after all this debate and I like it since its not too bold and does not clash with the over all theme of the car.... and once my new concave ADV07 MV.2's in brushed titanium get to me by end of May I think the car should be ballin

it took my 5 hours to paint and i changed my front pads too because i was tired of all the squealing going on with the EBC yellow stuff pads.... now using wearever and i have only driven on them for a week and they work great for daily driving. havent dont any canyon cruising so duno about that lol
Old 04-10-13, 02:13 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what size brembo stickers did you end up using?
Old 04-10-13, 02:23 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

im not sure they are all pretty standard on ebay never really paid attention to the size just ordered from one guy who supplied two larger decals and two smaller decals
Old 04-10-13, 02:26 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That color looks good.

Quick Reply: Caliper Paint Thoughts