IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF Stereo Planning...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 07:12 PM
silverlexg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISF Stereo Planning...

Hey Guys - Looking for some feedback on this ebay sub box (Custom for the ISX50/ISF trunk). I really want to get a boxology fiberglass box but they appear to be impossible to find - and the makers of the box (mysosinc.com) don't respond to email or phone messages. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them please let me know :-)

The ebay box is a a traditional MDF/Carpet ported box - and should get louder/deeper than a sealed box. Its also pretty cheap ($180 w/ shipping)compared to the fiberglass boxology box ($400+ after shipping).

Is anyone using this ported ebay box? It looks pretty good - granted you lose the trunk pass through - I never had one in my GS400 so I dont think that will really be a big deal for me. I'm curious of the quality and sound output.

eBay box -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS250-...7b9d7f&vxp=mtr

Boxology box -

http://mysosinc.com/box_lex_IS.html

I know there are some other fiberglass boxes on ebay for the IS platform - I really like how the boxology fits and of course it comes highly recommended over at diymobileaudio.com - You just can get one.. The eBay fiberglass boxes for the IS are about the same cost as the Boxology - I'd throw $400 at a boxology box but can't really justify it for a no name ebay box. For reference I purchased a fiberglass corner box for the wifes TSX and it was $250.. so $400 is steep. If I'm going to spend that I want to be sure the quality is excellent.

Andrew

Last edited by silverlexg; 08-05-12 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-05-12, 08:07 PM
2011ISFNY
Rookie

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the boxology box - i like it a lot. The fit is perfect and the installer I took it to (lack the skills myself...lol) was very impressed with it too.

Try emailing "mysosinc@gmail.com" - the owner Nick Johnson was a very nice guy. He was pretty responsive when I bought my box. Or you can order through the website. If you have more detailed questions, I can dig up some emails if our questions were similar on fit and sub setup.
Old 08-05-12, 09:38 PM
silverlexg
Driver

Originally Posted by 2011ISFNY
I have the boxology box - i like it a lot. The fit is perfect and the installer I took it to (lack the skills myself...lol) was very impressed with it too.

Try emailing "mysosinc@gmail.com" - the owner Nick Johnson was a very nice guy. He was pretty responsive when I bought my box. Or you can order through the website. If you have more detailed questions, I can dig up some emails if our questions were similar on fit and sub setup.
Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated :-) I've emailed and left Voicemail messages mutliple times (same email - and the phone listed on his site). I've heard he comes highly recommended - and his box is at the top of my list (If i can get one...). What sub/Amp are you running in it? Pics?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 08-05-12, 09:49 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Another option would be the Wicked CAS Magic Box. I have it and am very happy with the fittment, quality and carpet match.
Old 08-08-12, 05:21 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

I wanna hear your setup for sure when done!
Old 08-08-12, 07:28 PM
silverlexg
Driver

Originally Posted by Martmw11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fpNLvjHky0

This enclosure in customized specifically for the IS line...interested?
No.. sorry - that box is huge and not at all what I'm looking for - thanks though.