Sponsored by:

Sealed or Ported Box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-12, 02:02 PM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sealed or Ported Box?

Hey CL, ive had my rockford fosgate t1's for a couple months now and its sitting in a ported box. The thing is, its taking up the entire trunk space!! Now, ive had my eye on a sealed box to fit two 12" subs(my t1's are 12") and i was wondering how my subs will sound like. Planning on buying that extra t1 so i can use that dual 12" sealed box. Will a sealed or ported box be better for my dual t1's? Here are some songs i like to listen to and the link to the sealed box i want.

BOX:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-GS-300...item3a52b50f4b
Old 03-31-12, 03:41 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on the type of music you are referencing you will most likely prefer a ported enclosure.

Refer to the link I am posting to help you decide which is better for your needs.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newslett...sure_types.htm

Also, please try searching questions like this since this is probably the most common question asked here and there are hundreds of threads regarding this issue.
Old 04-02-12, 06:17 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

just remember with great power comes great responsibility.. ported enclosures sound great but its easier to blow woofers if ur not careful...make sure the amp ur using has a subsonic filter to keep the sub from bottoming out.. also keep an ear out for distortion..if you hear the cone starting to break up turn the vol down...
Old 04-03-12, 09:58 AM
Nomar1245
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an old ported box that was in my old car, but I'm stuck using a sealed box that came with my newest Sub.(The box was built to fit in an IS for the previous owner) and I miss my ported box. It's too big for my trunk now.

If I had the choice I'd be all over that ported box though. Also, we have similar tastes in music, if that helps you out any...