IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-17, 12:43 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF350
Has anyone used this model below? some owner like it per the review. Weight 27.6 lbs/each !
Brembo 09.A300.11 UV Coated Front Disc Brake Rotor for $112 each.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This is the OEM Brembo rotor sold through Amazon. It's OEM , should work like OEM, nothing else to say except it looks like your gonna have to wait 1-2 months to get them. Yes, rotors are heavy and once you take them off you see how huge they really are on the ISF. If you want lighter ones get some shnazzy 2-peice ones.
Old 01-19-17, 12:57 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
hi Matt, thank you for your support and help. Everything fits perfect. I will contact you when the rears are due for sure.
Dude, I had an 08 GTS 6speed. Definitely a fun and capable SUV that I keep my eyes out for regularly to get again.
Old 01-19-17, 12:59 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF350
I really need help to buy a set of front rotor to replace the OEM rotor. My steering wheel is shaking when I hit the brake at the red light. I already bought a set of stop tech sports pads. Which brand for the front rotor should I get at reasonable price and look similar to slotted OEM ?
Keep in mind those rotors are for an ISF, not a 350 as your profile says you're driving. If you have an F, welcome and those are exactly what you're looking for!
Old 01-21-17, 08:55 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Dude, I had an 08 GTS 6speed. Definitely a fun and capable SUV that I keep my eyes out for regularly to get again.
:-)))))
I have to say, it puts a smile on my face every day. I am fortunate that it is my daily driver.
It is absolutely insane. Total blast. It's a great duo with the ISF.
Old 03-08-17, 11:46 PM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Best price I could find for OEM front brakes...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...he-moment.html
Old 03-09-17, 02:29 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Bed-in should take less than 15 minutes. just a heat cycle with elevated temps to get friction transfer. Is the DS2500 not too aggressive for the street?
We could have bundled the XT910 pads with the rotors if you contacted us Rossi, maybe next time. If you would like to give them a shot please let us know.

If anyone is interested we now have XT910 packages available with our 2-P rotors in stock for all 4 corners. It's a great spirited driving pad and the longevity of this compound with our 2P rotors means never replacing the rotors again on a street driven vehicle. Even with many track days on our set and they are still in great shape. We would not have had to service them if we had not upgraded to the 15", 14" kit on our car.
Thanks Mike
Don't mean to upset anyone here, I love everything that Figs does and I going to keep buying Figs products BUT....

I would have to disagree on the XT910 pads as I used these with the Figs two piece rotors and honestly they were a disaster.

Pros:- Slightly less break dust over OEM and not that difficult to bed in.

Cons: - Performance at high speeds was scary in a bad way, for me it had close to no grip compared to the OEM pads.
- Noise when decelerating from very high speeds was also scary (maybe this was due to the 2-piece rotors) it made the loudest grinding noise when stopping from high speeds.
- The pads were pretty much done after a very very short period (Maybe 2 months) and they were done. When I replaced them the pads crumbled like a biscuit.

Honestly I'll never use the XT910 pads every again.

I've recently moved to the Project Mu 800+ and they're a million times better, much better initial bite, much better stopping power compared to the XT910 and OEMs. Yes they are more difficult to bed in but noise has become minimal now and I'm sure with a few more days of driving it'll go away.

Break dust is probably the only thing that the Project Mu 800 pads add but not worse than OEM and actually once the wheels are dusted well it looks like they're powder coated so I don’t mind especially given the improved performance.

Figs don't take this personally but I honestly have no idea how you guys can run the XT910 pads with your 2-piece rotors, maybe on OEM rotors they're fine.
Old 03-09-17, 10:48 AM
SpeedFreaksUSA
Former Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
I've recently moved to the Project Mu 800+ and they're a million times better, much better initial bite, much better stopping power compared to the XT910 and OEMs. Yes they are more difficult to bed in but noise has become minimal now and I'm sure with a few more days of driving it'll go away.
Glad you're enjoying them . We've slightly tweaked the specs of the HC+800 we sell to more easily accommodate the Figs/RB 2-piece rotors and they seem to work very well together

-Matt M.
Old 03-09-17, 11:37 AM
Rossi
Racer

^^^^ I have figs RB 2piece rotors and project mu 800+ all around, this combo is absolutely superb.
Old 03-11-17, 06:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Every time I drive the GS F, I miss the HC+800s. They just have such a great feel that the OEM GS F pads don't have. I initially push on them and they bite OK, but to get anything more, I really have to press. Not the HC+800s - initial bite is great, and if you want more, just press tiny bit and they seem to say, "Oh, you really do want to slow down - we've got you!"
Old 03-12-17, 03:33 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFreaksUSA
Glad you're enjoying them . We've slightly tweaked the specs of the HC+800 we sell to more easily accommodate the Figs/RB 2-piece rotors and they seem to work very well together

-Matt M.
Thanks Matt, I actually sanded down my HC+800 when I had difficulty fitting them onto the new rotors and they just slide right in no problems at all.

Also managed to bed them in well now there's no noise at all.

^^^^ I have figs RB 2piece rotors and project mu 800+ all around, this combo is absolutely superb.
Yup perfect setup for me as well

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Every time I drive the GS F, I miss the HC+800s. They just have such a great feel that the OEM GS F pads don't have. I initially push on them and they bite OK, but to get anything more, I really have to press. Not the HC+800s - initial bite is great, and if you want more, just press tiny bit and they seem to say, "Oh, you really do want to slow down - we've got you!"
lol my thoughts exactly
Old 03-17-17, 10:34 PM
drifto
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone have any experience with these brake pads?

Bosch BC1365 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HZL8CE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MymZyb4KS0RWT
Old 03-18-17, 06:15 PM
Rossi
Racer

Great Matt, please PM the pricing with ClubLexus discount for the front. My rear is this at about 60% left so not yet. But definitely in the future.
I thought the pads I needed were FCP1626H, apparently not. Thank you for your help.
Hi Matt
My rears are done, PM'd you
Old 03-18-17, 06:53 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I need brakes done ASAP. i've got the pads, but need rotors. RR Racing W2 pads.
Old 03-18-17, 08:40 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drifto
Anyone have any experience with these brake pads?

Bosch BC1365 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HZL8CE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MymZyb4KS0RWT
Yes I ran these front and rear for awhile. Super quiet and Extremely low dusting - actually just end up with sand (silica which is the "ceramic" component) on the wheels in lieu of dust. However the trade off in performance was too much for me. The initial bite is very light requiring significantly more pedal force than stock or similar pads. My wife's SUV felt better stopping than the F. They improve some as they heat up but most of my trips are short.

I'm running Carbotech 1521s now since I can switch between them and my track pads without rebedding.
Old 03-19-17, 07:26 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

So something I was trying to find and did not see any topics discussing was pads and rotors for street/daily driving use that had low brake dust.

Decided to try out power stop Z-23 brake pads and centric premium rotors. Did the initial bed in process and drove about 100 miles this weekend. My initial impressions were less bite, no noise and otherwise fine. These are not recommended for track or high speed use (at least by me), but many corvette z-06 owners are running them and very happy with the low dust and comparable daily driving characteristics.

Oh by the way these are about $100 front and rear for the pads. If they perform as they do for the Vette folks I will be very happy with switching from the oem brembo pads.

Quick Reply: Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)