IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

a nice sunday drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-08, 07:23 PM
TreyGSR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a nice sunday drive **UPDATED**!!

I get to drive an IS-F tomorrow! I work at a race track where a lot of clients test and do R&D. Well Lexus is coming out and allowing registered (wealthy) clients to drive. and Since I work there i get a few laps.. SO I can't wait!!! Plus I cleaned up the sc3 nicely to show em some love :-) anyways guys. I will report in an take pics

Last edited by TreyGSR; 04-13-08 at 05:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-13-08, 05:18 PM
TreyGSR
Rookie

Okay Guys...

AMAZING

Holy $@%^

I mean we definitely got into it today too ladies and gentleman. First there was an orientation, speeches, and the whole talk about safety. THe clients took hot laps, with instructors, and then they had there go. These cars can perform, even a couple M3 owners were upset that the reviews they read in a magazine downplayed the performance it was capable of. The track was kind to these cars, and the day welcomed us with a bit of snow flurries but eventually transitioned to sunlight and dry ground as soon as the afternoon crept in. I got to drive it around the track, whew. It corners well, the big brakes stop at command...and then some. A police officer came thru and let us use his radar gun a and on the middle straight a friend recorded 147 mph. Not bad.

Only mishap was some idiot took it off the trakc and wasted an hour of track time but getting her stuck in the mud.

After the clients left, we had our fun, thats when I had my run. My buddy jon... (the track manager) turned off the stability control and actually drifted this sexy beast. yes guys we got her sideways... after i watched a couple laps I got the camcorder out, so i will post video or youtube and link it ASAP. So what a day. IS-F is truly a fun and amazing machine. I was a bit intimidated, because I havent had too much track experience but i had fun nonetheless.

here is the track we were on (the one i work at)

www.dunnvilleautodrome.com
Old 04-13-08, 06:57 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Glad you enjoyed the ride, the drifting must have been really fun!

Can't wait to get mine on the track to test it out!
Old 04-13-08, 07:20 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey, awesome that you had a lot of fun. Can't wait for those videos!