ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   IS500 70 large? ouch.. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/246802-is500-70-large-ouch.html)

plex 11-03-06 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by NovaIS350 (Post 2220164)
Cherp..good to see you at the meet last saturday, I was one of the few 2IS's there. You're SC is pretty nice man, When is the next meet? And how do you sign up for NELOC, I did the whole frappr map thing.

*as you can see not all college graduates can formulate proper sentences, as I have so eloquently demonstrated above^

To sign up just add your name to the long list. There's also a neloc group on myspace. There's a meet in December in Baltimore at Black Smith Racing supposed to be some kind of media coverage I don't know full details yet. After that the SC gets taken apart for upgrades :D

Ok enough thread jacking back to the IS500 are there any engine and power specs on the IS5?

Lenscap 11-03-06 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by miniround (Post 2219466)
One reason is because a little 4door Lexus (think of it as a 3series)...topping out at 70g's? No. Think of the current IS350's...what are they like 40 maybe?

Even think of it as a 3series...you could price one out for 40 fully loaded...maybe more, but not more than 45...and you still wouldnt get a lady friend or a blow *** with it. For 70g's you best be gettin some hot Japanese chick that knows--as I was saying, factories can not mass produce certain things.

The IS 350sin my area are all a little over $45,000 (with luxury package and nav/ML). They can be pushed to $48,000 if you special order the pre-collision system.

As for the 3 Series, build your own on BMW's site. A loaded 335i is $54,625 (that's just adding "regular" options, no special wheels or anything like that). A loaded M3 prices at $63,830, and I'm sure the new one will see a price increase.

miniround 11-03-06 12:31 PM

wow...I guess the markets changing...54 for a 3series...****. But that is bi-turbo-no-lag-at-all-ever-even-when-you-turn-the-car-off-the-turbos-still-spin variable turbos

haha

well, i'll be honest, i don't price them out BMW/Lexus that much, i'm more of a Mini pricing guy...i can get a cooper s to 48 easily...

I would love to see some ideas of what this Lexus IS500 will look like...

Oh and BTW, has anyone seen that chrome IS that Lexus Australia made...that new Lexus aero kit is pretty ill...

vraa 11-03-06 01:46 PM

I want to beat my face in.

You won't see many LS460l's @ 100k$ being sold because LS460's are the cheap LS's. No offense, just putting it into terms.

The real question will be how many LS600lh's will be sold, but even then -- the LS600lh has competition like the S600 and the 760Li where it's not about how well the car itself performs, but how well the brand itself is performing. Do you think people buy the S600 because it's a great bargin, or because it's a great overall car to buy? No, they buy it because Mercedes has hundreds of years worth of history (hyperbole, but you get the point) and people see the star and immediately they think "class." Argue this however you want, but you talk to people and you'll realize this.

The market for the enthusiast small executive sedan is radically different though. Yes, prestige plays a role but that's almost all gone because under 100k$ money isn't thaaaat big of a deal relative. It's not about how well the cars perform and that in itself will lead to create a legend.

Do you think most M3 drivers bought the cars because they have amazingly fast tranny's, great handling, and are considered one of the many pinnacles of sports cars? No, they bought the cars because many others bought the cars for those aforementioned reasons. If the ISF can perform, you'll bet your ass every single one will sell well. Not because everyone who buys the car will buy it because it's fast and it's an M3 killer, but because others are buying it because it's an M3 killer.

You have no idea how many people would love a IS that was faster. You've seen how well the Lexus brand name has blown up in the last 20 years or so and there is no where to go but up. New markets have been created since then and more money is available for the purchase of sports cars. The problem with Audi's RS4 is that Audi as a brand name wasn't big because there was no previous solid A4/S4/RS4. Now with the IS250 and IS350 taking the world by storm and proving that Lexus can reasonably create a 3er competitor (lol is300 was a joke) enthusiasts are on the edge of their seats for a more powerful version with some real go fast mods (someone said above -- lightweight large rims, wide body functional kit, etc).

BTW - the M3 was 54k$. The C32 was the same. Give or take a few grand. The C55 was a lot more, and the RS4 was similairly priced. I would be suprised if the ISF is 70k$ bone stock, but I imagine that price is final drive out. That would be wickedly badass.

Someone said the ISF will be a coupe, is that true? I was hoping for a sedan.

4TehNguyen 11-03-06 01:57 PM

anyone have the scan of the road and track article, do i have the mag and the picture of the IS500 they used looks amazing, not a repeated picture of the ones seen so far, everyone needs to see it its a new pic, and I wish I can have the wheels they used in the pics

LexFather 11-03-06 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by miniround (Post 2219466)
I know nothing about IS's because I own an RX...but I can say this: An IS500 will never come out.

One reason is because a little 4door Lexus (think of it as a 3series)...topping out at 70g's? No. Think of the current IS350's...what are they like 40 maybe? Add 30g's worth of stuff onto that and you get a supercar that has 15 different companies put into it with all the mods you could do for 30g's. As well with body paint nonexistent caused by all the decals you'd have on the car with all the different company names that are now in your car. I'm not going to say that you can't "put" 30 grand into an IS, but a factory can just simply not mass produce a pre-modified car. Not even in Japan, where land is cheap and labor's even cheaper.

Even think of it as a 3series...you could price one out for 40 fully loaded...maybe more, but not more than 45...and you still wouldnt get a lady friend or a blow *** with it. For 70g's you best be gettin some hot Japanese chick that knows--as I was saying, factories can not mass produce certain things.

I mean...even if it started at 50g's...what are you getting at 70 that you wouldnt at 50? for an IS...I mean, cmon people.

So, with great pleasure, I am proud to say that some Road and Track writer lost his job! hahahaha...that's horrible, but still...why would he write such a thing....

He might as well have just made an advertisement!

2008 Lexus IS 500
8 Speed DSG
WITH A CLUTCH! (haha)
22" Clear Rims
Dustlest, Fadeless, Invisible Brakes
163 Coats of Paint
35 TV's
18 subs
Seats 4 Comfortably
0-60 in just under 4.000001010101
Exterior Blue Neons (they're legal because Lexus bought your local authorities!)
$55,000
Hot Japanese Girlfriend not Included, but for 20g's we can talk.

Ok, I'm done ranting for the evening, and I am going to sleep. I'll think of more funny stuff by tomorrow, don't worry.

-adam

I guess this document i am holding says no IS 500 coming;)

Originally Posted by istundra (Post 2219435)
I rather put that money into a Infiniti GTR!

Nissan has confirmed the GT-R will be a Nissan.:)

Pricing has not been confirmed but expect it to UNDERCUT the next M3. The next M3 will be a V-8 so expect it to start aroud 55-50k.

Expect the IS-F to start around 50-52k.

As for smallish cars costing dough, the Audi RS4 costs $70k;)

Also do NOT expect a M3 beater but the Lexus interpretation of a higher performance car.

dfw350 11-03-06 02:39 PM

Bottom line is - LEXUS IS YET TO CREATE A FAST CAR!
BMW & Mercedes have been doing it FOREVER!

NovaIS350 11-03-06 02:42 PM

Well whatever it's going to look like...we know this for sure. its going to sit lower and wider, have bigger wheels and brakes. And most likely that big bad hood is going to get "badder." I can not wait for the first c***-block teaser commercial from lexus...you know what I'm talking about, That guy with the deep almost european voice saying how bad ass this car is, as the camera pans to certain parts of the car, making you wonder what brand it is. And then he says no it's not from europe or something like that.

LexFather 11-03-06 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dfw350 (Post 2220848)
Bottom line is - LEXUS IS YET TO CREATE A FAST CAR!
BMW & Mercedes have been doing it FOREVER!

Define fast car.
The 1998 GS 400 is the fastest automatic sedan on the planet:)
The 2005 IS 350 is the fastest sedan in class (though that will probably fall soon as a 335 sedan automatic is tested)
The Lexus GS 450h is the fastest Lexus 0-60 in 5.2 seconds.

Sounds fast to me.

I think anything sub 5 seconds is very very fast and sub 4 seconds is exotic speed!

NovaIS350 11-03-06 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX (Post 2220865)
Define fast car.
The 2005 IS 350 is the fastest sedan in class (though that will probably fall soon as a 335 sedan automatic is tested)

Sounds fast to me.

I think anything sub 5 seconds is very very fast and sub 4 seconds is exotic speed!

owned. pwned.

linh811 11-03-06 08:25 PM

Define fast car.

Sounds fast to me.

bmw, audi, and MB all made cars MUCH faster........

my 1996 minivan was also fastest IN ITS CLASS, but who cares??? my riding lawn mower is also fastest IN ITS CLASS.........

linh811 11-03-06 08:28 PM

another thing.

Whatever the cost of the is500, it would be a grand shame if a "chipped" 335i whipped its ass. A reasonably equipped 335i can be had for under $50k + ttl.

Ramon 11-03-06 09:58 PM

I believe there was a jag (forget which one, but it too was an auto sedan)that was just slightly faster than the GS400 at the time of it's release, still though... 2nd fastest automatic sedan in the world is pretty good. As far as BMW, audi and MB all making much faster cars, today, yes by far. Back when the GS4 was released they cars they had that were faster were not an automatic sedan.

dfw350 11-03-06 10:25 PM

Define fast car.

Sounds fast to me.

1998 Gs400 fastest sedan on the planet?
If you want to go with fastest sedan try S65 AMG maybe? E55 AMG?
I mean the new M5 is a sedan.
1998 GS400 was not even the fastest in 1998. :thumbdn:

Is350 fastest in its class? What is this "class" entry level luxury?
Why is it cars bellow its "class" can still own it. Example? Mustang Cobra (the SC one). Even the STi would own the IS350 until high high hwy speeds.

What the ... GS 450h?
Lexus says the GS 450h is rated at 339 combined horsepower with the gas engine and electric motor.
Price: Base MSRP for the 2007 Lexus GS 450h is $54,900.
For 54900 I can get a brand new CTS-V or STS-V that would eat the GS 450h for breakfast.

Lexus has no fast cars. I define fast by running a 1/4 mile in low 12s

DoMaMuy 11-03-06 10:34 PM

Just to throw something random into the open:
why not wait for the possible MkV Toyota Supra?