ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   IS500 70 large? ouch.. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/246802-is500-70-large-ouch.html)

uschardcor 11-06-06 06:11 AM

Inapporpriate comment to our members and lady memebers= banned for 2 weeks.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not a game. READ THIS THREAD
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192

We are trying to establish a true sense of community in the 2IS forum. We are all ADULTS and there is a way to debate and argue.

Personal attacks and insults WILL NOT be tolerated.

LexFather 11-06-06 07:37 AM

This is a warning to all. Please debate and argue like adults. Personal insults/attacks and derogatory comments will lead to warnings up and to bannings.

Show by example you can DEBATE or this thread will be CLOSED.

LexFather 11-06-06 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by DaveGS4 (Post 2223499)
A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2nd Gen IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:
  • Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
  • Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...ons/report.gif button to notify moderators of an issue
  • Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
  • Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.

and I quote the boss....

ultraseven 11-06-06 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by vraa (Post 2220751)
I want to beat my face in.

BTW - the M3 was 54k$. The C32 was the same. Give or take a few grand. The C55 was a lot more, and the RS4 was similairly priced. I would be suprised if the ISF is 70k$ bone stock, but I imagine that price is final drive out. That would be wickedly badass.

With navigation, rear sunshade, and trunk passthrough the C32 would retail at about 58K in 04. The 06 C55 was about 63K with the same options.

I will seriously take what R and T says with a heavy grain of salt. 70K is just too much for a high performance IS, even will all the options known to mankind.

Eritsuke 11-06-06 11:53 AM

In the long run, you basically get what you pay for. It really comes down to your perception of the little things you want out of it. As for me, I'm looking for something that is a small enough 4-door, convenient to drive on the freeway and in the city, and is has the reliability for my grandchildren to drive it one day (mind you guys, I'm only 22 years old with no kids at all yet). That's the type. You can go to the BMW website and check out an M3 fully loaded for about US$65,000. That's for the M3 and not a regular 3-Series car, then you can go to an IS500 for about $70,000. It's in the same ballpark already. You can't compare the IS500 to the 335i, it doesn't work out, but if you compare the IS500 with the new M3, that'll be what's good to see against each other. I'm a car enthusiast, I love cars, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people on this board that does also.

pearl350 11-06-06 03:19 PM

I rather spend $70k on a LEXUS instead of some broken down BMW. I hate BMW...or any Euro car for that matter. Not worth the hassle of maintenance and repairs...

JessePS 11-06-06 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by pearl350 (Post 2226125)
I rather spend $70k on a LEXUS instead of some broken down BMW. I hate BMW...or any Euro car for that matter. Not worth the hassle of maintenance and repairs...

I had bad experiences with BMW and Mercedes.

BMW would charge me $1000 CDN for an oil change. Mercedes service department were *******s.

I am happy with Lexus.

If the IS500 / IS-F is going to be over $70k US, god only knows how much they will be charging in Canada *gulp* Probably be as expensive as the LS460 :cry:

LexFather 11-06-06 05:41 PM

Guys/Gals, this is not a bash BMW/Euro thread. CLEARLY they have been offering M/AMG/S and RS while we have gotten some pretty lame Japanese offerings that are barely sport models.
Lexus-L-tuned, Acura-S-type and A-spec, Infintii-t for touring

Please respect ALL car brands.

We don't even get this in America. M3 CSL, droooooooool

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/1093...bmw-m3-csl.jpg

javyLSU 11-06-06 06:55 PM

GOD I love those CSL wheels...

Javier

JessePS 11-06-06 07:38 PM

http://www.autobellausa.com/images/cars/porsche_959.jpg

hehe

NotFatBoy 11-06-06 08:12 PM

vraa, a couple of comments for you.

1) you say that porsche is a has been... have you driven the 997? The 997 is by far the best porsche ever made (even hardcore 993 proponents agree). While the Turbo has become increasingly heavy, the 997 S and especially the 997 GT3 are sports cars for the true enthusiast. I would take a 997 GT3 over a F430 in a heartbeat. Why?

I think the V8 Ferraris have gotten less and less desirable. I'd take an F355 Berlinetta 6spd over a 360 Modena Berlinetta 6spd over an F430 Berlinetta 6spd. First off, still no mass-produced V8 Ferrari sounds as good as the F355 with the Ti Tubi exhaust. Second, the V8 customer has really "grown apart" from the rest of the lineup in a way that wasn't true in the F355 years. I knew several people who owned F355's and 550's (or 575's)... some owning them at the same time. The new cars are not this way (except for a few 599 owners in the Trofeo series, I guess?). The V8 cars (and their owners) have, I think, become the second-class citizens of Ferrari... and that's a shame, since the V8 cars are the "gateway drug" of the brand, the path toward ownership of the proper cars with the twelve cylinders up front. The 911 is simply too competent, too good, too well-rounded, and doesn't need to try hard at all... meanwhile, the F430 tries so hard (even to the point of deleting those more frequent service appointments to help you love it), screams so loud, and still impresses no one. The GT3 sends all the right messages -- to the driver and to the lucky bystanders watching it fly by.

2) you mentioned "The problem with Audi's RS4 is that Audi as a brand name wasn't big because there was no previous solid A4/S4/RS4." This is incorrect. The first A4 (B5 chasis) debuted in 1996. The first S4 (C4 chasis) was produced from 1992-1994 and the second iteration (B5 chasis) came in late 1999 (I owned a 2001 B5 S4 and it was fantastic). The RS4 was produced in 2000 (B5 chasis) and 2001. The most current RS4 (B7 chasis) certainly has a devout following, building on the brilliance of the original B5 RS4. The B8s are around the corner

Also, in general (not directed to vraa), as far as the IS500 is concerned, it better be able to keep up with the new M3, as this is going to be one incredible machine. The RS4 surely trounces the e46 M3 but def has it's work cut out for it against the new one. The IS500 needs to come ready to play. I own an IS350 and while it is a great daily driver it does nothing to stir the soul... the porsche on the other hand..... wow

Nextourer 11-06-06 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by NotFatBoy (Post 2226852)
vraa, a couple of comments for you.

1) you say that porsche is a has been... have you driven the 997? The 997 is by far the best porsche ever made (even hardcore 993 proponents agree). While the Turbo has become increasingly heavy, the 997 S and especially the 997 GT3 are sports cars for the true enthusiast. I would take a 997 GT3 over a F430 in a heartbeat. Why?

I think the V8 Ferraris have gotten less and less desirable. I'd take an F355 Berlinetta 6spd over a 360 Modena Berlinetta 6spd over an F430 Berlinetta 6spd. First off, still no mass-produced V8 Ferrari sounds as good as the F355 with the Ti Tubi exhaust. Second, the V8 customer has really "grown apart" from the rest of the lineup in a way that wasn't true in the F355 years. I knew several people who owned F355's and 550's (or 575's)... some owning them at the same time. The new cars are not this way (except for a few 599 owners in the Trofeo series, I guess?). The V8 cars (and their owners) have, I think, become the second-class citizens of Ferrari... and that's a shame, since the V8 cars are the "gateway drug" of the brand, the path toward ownership of the proper cars with the twelve cylinders up front. The 911 is simply too competent, too good, too well-rounded, and doesn't need to try hard at all... meanwhile, the F430 tries so hard (even to the point of deleting those more frequent service appointments to help you love it), screams so loud, and still impresses no one. The GT3 sends all the right messages -- to the driver and to the lucky bystanders watching it fly by.

2) you mentioned "The problem with Audi's RS4 is that Audi as a brand name wasn't big because there was no previous solid A4/S4/RS4." This is incorrect. The first A4 (B5 chasis) debuted in 1996. The first S4 (C4 chasis) was produced from 1992-1994 and the second iteration (B5 chasis) came in late 1999 (I owned a 2001 B5 S4 and it was fantastic). The RS4 was produced in 2000 (B5 chasis) and 2001. The most current RS4 (B7 chasis) certainly has a devout following, building on the brilliance of the original B5 RS4. The B8s are around the corner

Also, in general (not directed to vraa), as far as the IS500 is concerned, it better be able to keep up with the new M3, as this is going to be one incredible machine. The RS4 surely trounces the e46 M3 but def has it's work cut out for it against the new one. The IS500 needs to come ready to play. I own an IS350 and while it is a great daily driver it does nothing to stir the soul... the porsche on the other hand..... wow

hmm, wouldn't it be F430 > F360 Modena?

I have heard the Modena is a bit twitchy when you decide to fling it around and the gearbox is a tad slow, being the first generation (or an early one anyway).