ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS F (2008-2014) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014-200/)
-   -   IS500 70 large? ouch.. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f-2008-2014/246802-is500-70-large-ouch.html)

jjbodean 11-02-06 09:18 PM

i would guess it wont be 70k

vraa 11-02-06 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by STIG (Post 2219402)
Road and Track knows next to nothing.

70K is insane price for this small lexus. I am sorry, but it's not a Porsche.

Lexus has been breaking all sorts of stereotypes lately.

An IS which is actually relatively sporty.
A 600-series LS.
rumors of a ultra-super car LF-A?
An IS-F to compete directly with the MPowers, AMG's, and RS-lines.

Porsche is a hasbeen. The 997's are nice, but they don't garner any different of a response than the old ones (But oh god, would I love a 997 Turbo). :)

If the IS-F is 70k$, that'll probably be the ultra-super-special-luxury-edition with roofracks and ultra-lightweight carbon fiber magnesium composite wheels. Because knowing Lexus you can't order one without the other.

istundra 11-02-06 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by STIG (Post 2219402)
Road and Track knows next to nothing.

70K is insane price for this small lexus. I am sorry, but it's not a Porsche.

I rather put that money into a Infiniti GTR!

miniround 11-02-06 09:45 PM

I know nothing about IS's because I own an RX...but I can say this: An IS500 will never come out.

One reason is because a little 4door Lexus (think of it as a 3series)...topping out at 70g's? No. Think of the current IS350's...what are they like 40 maybe? Add 30g's worth of stuff onto that and you get a supercar that has 15 different companies put into it with all the mods you could do for 30g's. As well with body paint nonexistent caused by all the decals you'd have on the car with all the different company names that are now in your car. I'm not going to say that you can't "put" 30 grand into an IS, but a factory can just simply not mass produce a pre-modified car. Not even in Japan, where land is cheap and labor's even cheaper.

Even think of it as a 3series...you could price one out for 40 fully loaded...maybe more, but not more than 45...and you still wouldnt get a lady friend or a blow *** with it. For 70g's you best be gettin some hot Japanese chick that knows--as I was saying, factories can not mass produce certain things.

I mean...even if it started at 50g's...what are you getting at 70 that you wouldnt at 50? for an IS...I mean, cmon people.

So, with great pleasure, I am proud to say that some Road and Track writer lost his job! hahahaha...that's horrible, but still...why would he write such a thing....

He might as well have just made an advertisement!

2008 Lexus IS 500
8 Speed DSG
WITH A CLUTCH! (haha)
22" Clear Rims
Dustlest, Fadeless, Invisible Brakes
163 Coats of Paint
35 TV's
18 subs
Seats 4 Comfortably
0-60 in just under 4.000001010101
Exterior Blue Neons (they're legal because Lexus bought your local authorities!)
$55,000
Hot Japanese Girlfriend not Included, but for 20g's we can talk.

Ok, I'm done ranting for the evening, and I am going to sleep. I'll think of more funny stuff by tomorrow, don't worry.

-adam

vraa 11-02-06 09:47 PM

miniround, I think you're missing the entire concept of creation of values.

miniround 11-02-06 09:52 PM

nononononono

everyone can dream, as I am still dreaming of my Mini Cooper GP, but I am putting a subject into a more realistic/humorous perspective.

keep dreaming,
adam

vraa 11-02-06 09:55 PM

Please clarify, are you saying that the car itself won't happen? Or the price?

I think both are very possibly, and I cannot guess on plausibility. I'd have to say 70k$ seems plausible only if you figure that it'll be the (read my above posts).

wakaru8 11-02-06 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by miniround (Post 2219466)
Not even in Japan, where land is cheap and labor's even cheaper.
-adam

Not to go off-topic, but in Japan, land is not cheap nor is labor. Standard of living is high (if not higher than USA). Nothing is cheap over there.

miniround 11-02-06 10:02 PM

Well...I guess if it did come out, it would be like an RS4...but unlike Audi, Lexus does not have a running sporty line of cars..."sportsline" isnt really a factory option...

I mean...Lexus may market a kit for a 70g IS to dealers. Because I've seen G35's done up by dealers with lambo doors and turbo's for around 55g's and they are even warranteed by Infiniti. I just don't think it's possible for a factory car like an RS4 to come from Lexus just yet.

If that LF-H comes out in great numbers, then I'd say that the IS500 was possible...but that LF is still kind of in a class of it's own as far as the market goes. So let lexus come out with an SL-Fighter before they try an RS4-Killer.

It's going to be a long trip from an SC to an LF, beleive me...so if that happens, I'll change my thoughts about a 70g 4 door "go-fast" sedan from Lexus. I still do like the IS350 though...very fun car.

Ok, well now I AM REALLY GOING TO SLEEP!

-ajk

vraa 11-02-06 10:02 PM

Robots?
Aren't all Lexus made by robots?

So let lexus come out with an SL-Fighter before they try an RS4-Killer.
An RS4 killer is a lot easier to beat though. SL fighter would need class, prestige, and history. Something Lexus doesn't have just yet.

miniround 11-02-06 10:09 PM

There's not a car on the market today that competes with an RS4

m5---nope, different class
new 335i---nope
m3 csl---sorry, you need two more doors

jetta---what was i thinking
passat---maybe...no.

lexus IS350---to be honest, i dont know the specs, but i'd bet no.
g35--- puh-leese

Let me just list SL killers...(im not trying to stick up for either sl or rs4)

SL---650i
SL65AMG---M6

and BMW didnt even plan those to kill the SL...as they are planning an SL-Fighter for the future.

So maybe the LF and a new Bimmer will start a new sector of cars...

But the RS4 has come out, and a Lexus won't do the job ...4 years later (considering if it comes out late 08/09)

-ajk

miniround 11-02-06 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by vraa (Post 2219510)
Robots?
Aren't all Lexus made by robots?

o yea...well still...

Ramon 11-02-06 10:18 PM

I'd take an SL65 over an M6 any day... My personal opinion... Looks better, faster and handles well enough for me.

miniround, you sure do have strong opinions about the IS for someone that knows next to nothing about the IS in gerneral and even less about the IS500.

vraa 11-02-06 10:30 PM

Few things.
The RS4 has competitors of the M3 and the C63.

It doesn't matter if there are two few doors, or two doors too many, they are still in the same market (oddly enough).

There is no such thing as an SL killer. From the SL550 all the way to the SL65 no other car can do what those cars do which is function as a cruiser and a fighter. On top of that the SL has history in volumes and is extremely classy. The 650i and the M6 not just to me, but to many enthusiasts were let downs of the 'second coming' of the 6er :(

When Lexus makes their LF-A I don't think it'll be an SL fighter directly, but a more hardcore version of the SC (and by more hardcore I mean seriously hardcore). I'm hoping for some Porsche like times around tracks, Aston Martin-esque luxury, and practicality in spades.

Yes, I like to dream. :) :D

miniround 11-02-06 11:03 PM

don't get me started on SC's haha...