IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Ordering wheels from Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-22, 09:04 PM
350nuggets
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Ordering wheels from Vivid Racing

No idea if this is allowed so move/delete as necessary, mods.

rant/vendor feedback:
Ordered a set of Work wheels from Vivid Racing back in late May of 2021 with an ETA of 12-16 weeks which would be roughly end of Sept. Reached out to Vivid early Sept for an update and was told the estimated ship date is Nov 5th which is a month past the ETA, whatever. Tires were already purchased mid-summer, so all that was left to buy were wheel caps and TPMS which I promptly purchased. Middle of November I still haven't received an update and no tracking number so I contacted them and was told new ETA is January/February of 2022. wtf? We've gone from an ETA of 16 weeks to 32 weeks! On Dec 11th Vivid told me they're reaching out to Work for an update but they never got back to me. I reached out again on Feb 8th for an update, they reached out to Work, and I'm told that they now do not have an ETA for the wheels. I get that covid-19, supply chain issues, etc. have caused all kinds of delays but from 16 weeks to 32 weeks to now indefinite??

Am I being unreasonable considering initiating a chargeback? At this point I don't even want the wheels anymore since I'm thinking of selling my IS. Pretty much regret purchasing the tires, wheel caps, and TPMS before the wheels arrived as it's just taking up space in my apartment.
Old 02-21-22, 09:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by 350nuggets
No idea if this is allowed so move/delete as necessary, mods.

rant/vendor feedback:
Ordered a set of Work wheels from Vivid Racing back in late May of 2021 with an ETA of 12-16 weeks which would be roughly end of Sept. Reached out to Vivid early Sept for an update and was told the estimated ship date is Nov 5th which is a month past the ETA, whatever. Tires were already purchased mid-summer, so all that was left to buy were wheel caps and TPMS which I promptly purchased. Middle of November I still haven't received an update and no tracking number so I contacted them and was told new ETA is January/February of 2022. wtf? We've gone from an ETA of 16 weeks to 32 weeks! On Dec 11th Vivid told me they're reaching out to Work for an update but they never got back to me. I reached out again on Feb 8th for an update, they reached out to Work, and I'm told that they now do not have an ETA for the wheels. I get that covid-19, supply chain issues, etc. have caused all kinds of delays but from 16 weeks to 32 weeks to now indefinite??

Am I being unreasonable considering initiating a chargeback? At this point I don't even want the wheels anymore since I'm thinking of selling my IS. Pretty much regret purchasing the tires, wheel caps, and TPMS before the wheels arrived as it's just taking up space in my apartment.
Contact the merchant to request a refund. Only initiate a chargeback through your cc company if they refuse to give you a refund or fail to respond within a few business days.
The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (02-22-22)
Old 02-21-22, 10:22 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 669 Likes on 591 Posts

Which Work wheels did you order? There should always be an ETA, even if its long.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-22-22, 08:43 AM
350nuggets
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered Work M8R. Problem is Vivid won't do returns/cancel order because it's being fulfilled by the manufacturer so I know they won't issue a refund, but man I'm tired of waiting.
Old 02-22-22, 08:45 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,923 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by 350nuggets
I ordered Work M8R. Problem is Vivid won't do returns/cancel order because it's being fulfilled by the manufacturer so I know they won't issue a refund, but man I'm tired of waiting.
Chargeback then.
Old 02-22-22, 09:47 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 263 Likes on 124 Posts

Unfortunately, the shortage is indeed affecting all branches of everything. These wheels (especially the nicer brands) are rarely stocked anymore and have to be built to order. I remember reading about people whose wheels showed up about 8-12 months after ordering. I'm not sure who their vender/s were, but in some cases they didn't even need the wheels anymore because they had sold/traded their cars before the ordered wheels arrived.

Not sure about this business of not having any ETA at all though. With the stories I encountered I believe those individuals at least had an ETA of some kind from their vender. Unfortunately, I'd go the charge back route in this case as well.
​​​
Old 02-23-22, 12:13 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

I know someone that waited 1 year for a set of VOLK wheels…

Now aside from the supply chain parts issues the vendor should still have better communication with you.

But that’s just me..

Joe Z
Old 02-23-22, 04:59 PM
Bastrd6
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Both times ive tried to order from Vivid its been a crapshoot. To the point a manufacturer had another vendor reach out to me. The other time they argued with me on fitment of the product even though it was listed as fitting by that manufacturer.
Old 03-04-22, 09:00 AM
pntydrprIS
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve ordered wheels from Vivid, they were not special order though, just some Konigs for a 8th gen civic I purchased. They had told me 2 months wait time but I actually got them in 2 weeks. They took my deposit when I ordered and said they would bill me the balance when wheels were ready to ship. I unexpectedly received the wheels and they didn’t charge me the balance until 6 months later.