Notices
IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Salvage is250, minimal damage

Old 05-16-19, 09:02 AM
RedneckJoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I need to post more before placing want ad. Free toast.

Since I’m posting,,, that car at 10,800 would be close to 12,000 with fees and misc costs to pick up. Guessing 3,000-4000 in repairs. $15,500 investment and considering 20% title issue discount it would need to comp out at close to $19,000 if it had a clean title.

No lender will take the car for collateral so you would be stuck with it till its a beater “cash car”.
Old 05-16-19, 09:29 AM
E46CT
Lexus Champion

Received 367 Likes on 292 Posts

Car looks good to me. https://www.copart.com/lot/31760389

Body is straight everywhere. Engine bay looks good. I think the body shop just wrote plenty of shop time to do a full bumper repair too. Maybe a new reinforcement.

You can just polish out the bumper, repair the diffuser w/ screws, and replace the trunk w/ a used trunk of the same color. you could do this whole job for $500.

You don't need to go to a body shop and do a 3-4k repair on this.

Hell you can drive it as is if you wanted. as long as you have functioning lights. (you wouldn't, but just saying)
Old 05-16-19, 10:34 AM
2ndName
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice. There's this other side of me that always wondered what the outcome would be to get one of these fixer/salvaged units from auctions and rebuild it. Then reality sinks in, haha. I envy those that can.
Old 05-16-19, 11:00 AM
RedneckJoe
Driver School Candidate

I’ve rebuilt 2 F150s and they are always a bit worse than you suspect and misc things add up. Low mile 2 year old trucks.

A white one with a minor collision. Put a used door, used bed, used cab corner trim piece and it needed very minimal paint/body work under $300. Needed a new steering column and interior misc broken along the dash from theft.

A gray one that needed a complete bed (too damaged), extensive cab corner repair, and complete door frame. Used the white bed and door and reskinned them. The gray one was pretty nicely option and had the better engine.

Long story short if you are gonna jack with rebuilding them you need to plan it out and have parts or do more than one.

I just use the white one as a delivery truck and the gray one as my around town vehicle as my F250 wont fit in parking garages and I dont want to put excess miles on it.

Anyway free toast...
Old 05-16-19, 01:10 PM
WhatYaGot
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What did it end up selling for?
Old 05-16-19, 01:24 PM
Is200tieu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhatYaGot View Post
What did it end up selling for?
This car sold for $13,000. I stopped at around 11,900. Was too much thinking this car is prone to frame damage. With fees, the person is going to most likely pay around $15,000 plus shipping if needed. Once repairs are done, it’ll be almost the same price as a clean title. For sure went way over the price I expected. I think the fact that it was a “pure sale” vehicle made some people go over their number.
Old 05-16-19, 01:50 PM
RedneckJoe
Driver School Candidate

$15Kish with sales tax is about right if not more.

Its rare you get a good deal on Nicer model cars, people way over pay on there at times. Sometimes wonder if they are laundering cash.

Keep an eye on it as it might come back up if they dont pay.

Then again it could be a person with a decklid and rear bumper cover available and planning to drive the wheels off it. Probably worth it.
The following users liked this post:
Is200tieu (05-16-19)
Old 05-16-19, 03:57 PM
Is200tieu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJoe View Post
$15Kish with sales tax is about right if not more.

Its rare you get a good deal on Nicer model cars, people way over pay on there at times. Sometimes wonder if they are laundering cash.

Keep an eye on it as it might come back up if they dont pay.

Then again it could be a person with a decklid and rear bumper cover available and planning to drive the wheels off it. Probably worth it.
I really thought this car would go for 13, but yes this was one of the best condition salvage 3IS I’ve seen, hence why I was so interested in it. After the 15k total buyout, like someone on here said, a couple thousand in OEM parts and maybe a frame pull I’ll add up to around 17k. Clean title 14’s with around same mileage are low 20’s and some even at 19. It really depends on a persons situation where they’d want to resell it or keep it. For resell, this would not have been a good candidate for sure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: