Old 05-08-19, 03:03 PM
intuitech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket auto folding mirror kit

Wiring diagram
Hi fellow Lexus lovers

First post on here having owned a number of Lexus vehicles so be gentle 😊

I have power mirrors on my IS F-sport 300h 2014 model and miss the automatic folding on my previous RC. To rectify this I have purchased 2x kits that can be connected to an existing power mirror circuit. The kit was manufactured in China so the wiring diagram isn't exactly intuitive and the terminology such as "signal" is ambiguous, see the attached diagram.

I'm pretty confident with auto electrics but wondered if anyone could advise on the wiring for the following in the door looms:
  • Output for opening mirror
  • Output for closing mirror
  • Door open signal
  • Door close signal

I can a meter to identify ACC ON and a constant 12v feed but if anyone can advise that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete
Old 05-08-19, 03:13 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

That’s a awesome idea, never knew they sold kits like for folding mirrors. Where did you order them from? Welcome to the forums as well, sorry I have nothing informative to add, just an additional question.
Old 05-09-19, 06:52 AM
intuitech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr
That’s a awesome idea, never knew they sold kits like for folding mirrors. Where did you order them from? Welcome to the forums as well, sorry I have nothing informative to add, just an additional question.
Thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum. I bought these cheap from eBay, see item listing - eBay Item - AUTO Intelligent Car Auto Side Rear View Mirror Folding System
Old 05-09-19, 07:55 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 812 Likes on 410 Posts

I'm guessing youre going to install everything down in the driver side foot well area. There is a fuse box under there that has many different sources of power. I'd suggest getting a pair of Add-A-Fuse's to tap your wires into there. The fuse labeled HAZ is a constant 12V and IGN1 is a switched 12V (Comes on with ACC Mode).
Old 05-09-19, 08:04 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,655 Posts

That looks like just a little chip for if your mirrors ALREADY have motors in them. this just makes it so it activates upon parking or something like that. it's not what you guys are thinking.
The following users liked this post:
KYLexusMkr (05-09-19)
Old 05-09-19, 08:35 AM
intuitech
Driver School Candidate

Hi there, each kit will need to be fitted in the actual door so once the door furniture is removed the box needs to be secured in place and wiring tapped into the correct connections.
Old 05-09-19, 02:19 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
That looks like just a little chip for if your mirrors ALREADY have motors in them. this just makes it so it activates upon parking or something like that. it's not what you guys are thinking.
Dang! You’re right, after checking the product link I realized that...sure wish our vehicles had the auto folding mirrors. I was amazed to see a Kia Optima with them and to know it wasn’t an so much as an option on mine. 🥺
Old 05-09-19, 02:33 PM
intuitech
Driver School Candidate

The automatic feature is available on specific models, the Premier which leads me to suspect fitting this kit should be straightforward.
Old 05-09-19, 02:43 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Door open and close signals seem to be for the door
lock actuator. I’m guessing when the door is locked, the mirrors will fold closed; when unlocked, mirrors will fold
open.

Perhaps the mirror open and close signals are what drives power to fold the mirrors open/close based on the door locked/unlocked signal?
Old 05-09-19, 02:48 PM
intuitech
Driver School Candidate

That's a good point, the instructions mention that the mirrors will function with the door locks or it does have "smart" technology for when the ACC is turned on. My concern would be that the doors lock once taken out of Park and I wouldn't want the mirrors to fold then. As the button to fold the mirrors is a press and release perhaps that's the signal that is replicated by the kit, I have a feeling this will be a trial and error exercise and hopefully I'll be able to share the guide for installation for the everyone's benefit here.
Old 05-09-19, 02:56 PM
pngo
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by intuitech
That's a good point, the instructions mention that the mirrors will function with the door locks or it does have "smart" technology for when the ACC is turned on. My concern would be that the doors lock once taken out of Park and I wouldn't want the mirrors to fold then. As the button to fold the mirrors is a press and release perhaps that's the signal that is replicated by the kit, I have a feeling this will be a trial and error exercise and hopefully I'll be able to share the guide for installation for the everyone's benefit here.
Cant be sure, but maybe they meant to write “ACC On Inhibit Input” meaning to prevent automatic operation when ACC power is supplied. Just a guess.
Old 05-09-19, 03:01 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,655 Posts

99.9% of the cars on this board are US models. Since we don't get power mirrors on the IS, this little $5 chip wouldn't apply to us.

Sadly the motor mechanisms themselves probably cost next to nothing for manufacturers as little cheapie cars in the ROW come standard w/ such mirrors. But Lexus charges a ton of money for the parts retail.
Old 06-23-23, 10:20 AM
n0v8or
Intermediate

Received 159 Likes on 108 Posts

Memory mirror control module power wires:

The following users liked this post:
zozoramelu (06-24-23)